PDA

View Full Version : Bills to release Bledsoe!!

Kolbiss
02-15-2005, 06:02 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/3399066

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-15-2005, 06:04 PM
I just heard on channel 7 stated that they might announce that as early as tomorrow.

Kolbiss
02-15-2005, 06:05 PM
Love the guy personally, but am very glad to hear!

Armpalm Ali Musch
02-15-2005, 06:12 PM
wow and wow. I thought we were gonna try and trade him to Dallas but that looks pretty shot now.

im4bflo
02-15-2005, 06:18 PM
Nobody must of been interested in him, I thought we'd get SOMETHING for him. Time to circle the wagons around JP :tip:

Philagape
02-15-2005, 06:23 PM
If you were another team, what on earth would you give for Drew, especially knowing that he was likely to be cut?

DynaPaul
02-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Thank god the nightmare is over!

jamze132
02-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Well Drew, sorry it didn't quite work out like we wanted. Good luck in Dallas. Good luck with Keyshawn Johnson.

im4bflo
02-15-2005, 06:34 PM
If you were another team, what on earth would you give for Drew, especially knowing that he was likely to be cut?
Nuthin! I was just hoping :D Look what we gave up for him.
It was worth a try, I was hopeful, but it went bust.
Now it's all JP baby! :bow:

BAM
02-15-2005, 06:35 PM
:jawdrop:

Iehoshua
02-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Thank god the nightmare is over!
Amen!

Time to celebrate the rebirth of our Buffalo Bills!
:party:

Samphin1
02-15-2005, 08:35 PM
I really think Bledsoe is a good QB. For whatever reason, he seems to have gone all David Duvall on you up in Buffalo. I would definately take him as a backup but I think he is going to get a starting gig somewhere. Most likely Dallas, Arizona, Cleveland or maybe up in Washington if Hassleback isn't kept.

So, Losman takes over next year, who do you guys have behind him? If he goes down, who comes in?

JayWood
02-15-2005, 08:53 PM
Its now being reported on ESPNEWS...we have made the little box in the lower right hand corner..."Bills to Release QB Drew Bledsoe"

I like Drew, class act and alwasy gave it his all. Iam sorry that things didnt go his way here in Buffalo, however he did help bring some excitment back to the organizationa few years ago when it looked like nothing could go right for this team. Good luck Drew

Bring on JP!!!!

jdenning
02-15-2005, 08:57 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! na na na na na na na na hey hey hey gooooodbye.... AMIGOS PREVAIL... all you Drew Supporters dont worry have faith in Losman he will be very good.... !!!!

OpIv37
02-15-2005, 09:05 PM
I really think Bledsoe is a good QB. For whatever reason, he seems to have gone all David Duvall on you up in Buffalo. I would definately take him as a backup but I think he is going to get a starting gig somewhere. Most likely Dallas, Arizona, Cleveland or maybe up in Washington if Hassleback isn't kept.

So, Losman takes over next year, who do you guys have behind him? If he goes down, who comes in?

Right now, no one. I'm not sure if Shane Matthews is still on the roster, but I think he only signed a one-year deal. We're going to have to pick up some journeyman back-up like Holcomb, Fiedler (gulp), Huard, Stewart- a lot have names have been tossed around, but no one I find particularly appealing.

Novacane
02-15-2005, 09:09 PM
I'm gonna buy season ticks again :up:

thebuffalobills4
02-15-2005, 09:17 PM
bledsoe in my book still rocks :punk: :jam: .but times are tough so :peace: :madpeace:

BAM
02-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Sweet avatar. :D

cablesabres68
02-15-2005, 09:23 PM
it is officially a sad day when we lose such a great guy but ahhhhhhh welll lets go jp in 05

lordofgun
02-15-2005, 10:01 PM
I really think Bledsoe is a good QB.
He is a good QB.

(Compared to Fiedler, Feeley, and all the other losers you guys have had lately.)

Kolbiss
02-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Best of luck to you DRew. No one wanted to see you succeed more than me!

Mr. Cynical
02-16-2005, 12:21 AM
:party: There is now hope again in Buffalo. :dance:

No more saying to yourself...

"Just don't lose it Drew"

or...

"Get rid of the damn ball"

or...

"Throw to the guys with a buffalo on their helmet"

or...

"Try to hit the receiver someplace other than his ankle"

The future can now begin. JP may or may not be the answer, but at least there is a chance now. With Drew, there wasn't.

The King
02-16-2005, 06:38 AM

Right there were probably a few teams with interest but they new he'd be cut. Oh well I gotta get my 60 bucks ready to get a new Bledsoe jersey.

Samphin1
02-16-2005, 09:25 AM
He is a good QB.

(Compared to Fiedler, Feeley, and all the other losers you guys have had lately.)

I could be wrong, but I didn't see Bledsoe lead the Bills to the playoffs. Fiedler, at least, got us there twice.

Kolbiss
02-16-2005, 10:37 AM
I could be wrong, but I didn't see Bledsoe lead the Bills to the playoffs. Fiedler, at least, got us there twice.

Sam that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard!!!! Jay did not lead anyone to the playoffs, that defense did. I understand that you are lyal to your team but COME ON!!!! That team got there in spite of JAy and you know it.

honey
02-16-2005, 10:47 AM
Maybe we could get Jeff Garcia as a backup. :snicker:

The_Philster
02-16-2005, 05:25 PM
Sam that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard!!!! Jay did not lead anyone to the playoffs, that defense did. I understand that you are lyal to your team but COME ON!!!! That team got there in spite of JAy and you know it.Some people have it in their heads that the QB deserves the credit when things go well and the blame when they go poorly...which explains why we hear the "he got us to the playoffs twice" when people talk about the midget

BillsFever21
02-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Nobody must of been interested in him, I thought we'd get SOMETHING for him. Time to circle the wagons around JP :tip:
You mean nobody wanted to trade for the big bad future hall of famer Drew Bledsoe? I'm shocked.

Mr. Cynical
02-16-2005, 08:39 PM
You mean nobody wanted to trade for the big bad future hall of famer Drew Bledsoe? I'm shocked.
:rofl:

I agree. I thought we'd at least get a new set of pom-poms for the Jills.

BillsFever21
02-16-2005, 08:42 PM
:rofl:

I agree. I thought we'd at least get a new set of pom-poms for the Jills.

I thought teams would be lining up for a Top 10 QB in the league. :scratch:

Bills 4 life
02-16-2005, 09:01 PM
CHALK UP ANOTHER VICTORY FOR THE PATS! WE WERE HAD!

BillsFever21
02-16-2005, 09:07 PM
CHALK UP ANOTHER VICTORY FOR THE PATS! WE WERE HAD!
They didn't even use vaseline.

Typ0
02-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Maybe we could get Jeff Garcia as a backup. :snicker:

If Garcia gets healthy...he could beat out JP for the starters job on this team. I know everyone wants to see JP play...but on the other hand if Garcia is at the form he was at a few years ago on a team as solid as ours he could go far.

im4bflo
02-16-2005, 09:44 PM
If Garcia gets healthy...he could beat out JP for the starters job on this team. I know everyone wants to see JP play...but on the other hand if Garcia is at the form he was at a few years ago on a team as solid as ours he could go far.
I do remember him having some game back in the niner days, before all the gay jokes started :funny:

The_Philster
02-17-2005, 02:59 AM
I do remember him having some game back in the niner days, before all the gay jokes started :funny:

and those were actually pretty recent...started by that :loser: bigmouth TO

Samphin1
02-17-2005, 10:42 AM
and those were actually pretty recent...started by that :loser: bigmouth TO

Not true. Living in the Bay Area, we have heard "rumors" and innuendo about Garcia for years. T.O. just took it to a national stage out of spite.

Samphin1
02-17-2005, 10:47 AM
Sam that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard!!!! Jay did not lead anyone to the playoffs, that defense did. I understand that you are lyal to your team but COME ON!!!! That team got there in spite of JAy and you know it.

It was in response to LOG's assertion that Bledsoe was better than our recent QB's. I would tend to agree on a talent side, but, Fiedler did do some good. I realize that Miami's D carried them a lot of the times, ok most of them, but Fiedler also had some great qualities. He never quit and shrugged off his mistakes ( and there were a lot of them ). In fact, I think he only lost once to Buffalo as a starter. He also, led multiple fourth quarter, game winning drives for Miami. Most notably are two performances against the Raiders, and one against Denver. Also, he dropped like 17 unanswered to win on the Redskins after relieving Griese of his position two years ago.

Like it or not, Fiedler was the QB and the QB is the one who leads the team. Fiedler led us to the playoffs. Bledso did not for Buffalo. In fact, you oculd argue that Buafflo's D was the same as Miami's in its heyday AND you had a better running game, yet Drew still couldn't get the job done.