PDA

View Full Version : WooHoo! Drew's GONE!!!

mybills
02-15-2005, 09:52 PM
I feel like dancing! :dance:

Good riddance :loser:

:biggrin:

Dr. Lecter
02-15-2005, 10:03 PM
Why? Will the team be better with Losman? Was Drew the only problem last year? If he gets blame for the losses does he get any credit for the team finishing the year 9-3?

BAM
02-15-2005, 10:05 PM
I don't know whether to be happy or sad. This is a tough one for me. :( :)

Philagape
02-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Why? Will the team be better with Losman? Was Drew the only problem last year? If he gets blame for the losses does he get any credit for the team finishing the year 9-3?

In games where Drew's play made the difference, there were more losses than wins. The only victory I can think of where the most credit goes to Drew was at Miami. The other wins were won mostly by the defense, McGahee and/or ST. He deserved the most blame in losses to Baltimore, Pittsburgh and at NE.

Dr. Lecter
02-15-2005, 10:22 PM
Baltimore, Yes.

Pittsburgh? The defense gave up over 100 yards to the Steelers 3rd/4th string RB. Lindell missed a 29 yard field goal that changed the momentum entirely. You could almost feel it at the game.

As for NE, the Sunday night game was horrible all around. The entire team was horrible.

Drew was also critical against San fran and Seattle.

Was he great? No. Not all. Is he getting too much blame? Absolutely.

Philagape
02-15-2005, 10:35 PM
Against Pitts, I agree, plenty of blame to go around.

at NE ... he threw three INTs with 79 yards passing and a rating of 14.3. It was the worst game of his career. So I think he tops the list there.

Against Seattle he made some plays but threw three picks too.

He was decent against SF, but that was total team domination. I thought his second-best game was against the Rams ... three TD passes

mybills
02-15-2005, 10:40 PM
Why?
Because I didn't want him here to begin with. Don't you think I've suffered long enough? Cripe, I've suffered longer than that, I didn't want his twin brother Rob here either! :loser: + :loser: = :negrep:

PUCKER
02-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Cripe, I've suffered longer than that, I didn't want his twin brother Rob here either! :loser: + :loser: = :negrep:
I think we need to elimate the #11 in Buffalo for good! :evil:

Slim
02-15-2005, 11:16 PM
I think we need to elimate the #11 in Buffalo for good! :evil:

yah, 4 sure

The Natrix
02-16-2005, 12:18 AM
:cloud9: :cloud9: :cloud9:

Mr. Cynical
02-16-2005, 12:22 AM
:up:

Joyous news to be sure. A year too late, but still better than never.

Big M
02-16-2005, 04:47 AM

I feel the same way. No hard feelings towards the guy but he killed all hope of beating good teams. Let someene else buy into the fools gold. The team is obviously behind Losman ( Coaches and Players ) from what I'm reading. Losman has San Wyche and Tom Clements ( 2 ex-QB's ) to work with. An ideal situation. Nice to see him here working full time with the Coaches, some 2 1/2 months before the Draft.

Looking forward to next season.

shotgun
02-16-2005, 04:57 AM
I don't know whether to be happy or sad. This is a tough one for me. :( :)

i feel the same way bud

Jayhawk
02-16-2005, 06:27 AM
ok, now lets band together to get Lindell gone.

The King
02-16-2005, 06:31 AM
Against Pitts, I agree, plenty of blame to go around.

at NE ... he threw three INTs with 79 yards passing and a rating of 14.3. It was the worst game of his career. So I think he tops the list there.

Against Seattle he made some plays but threw three picks too.

He was decent against SF, but that was total team domination. I thought his second-best game was against the Rams ... three TD passes

The Seattle game I thought he played well. Those DB's are ball hawks and Drew beat them when he needed too. It was a team win but Drew played well.

Im not happy.....but I am looking foward to the future.

Jan Reimers
02-16-2005, 06:40 AM
I feel bad for Drew, who is a good man and gave it everything he had. He is the kind of guy who, in a Hollywood script, would lead the Bills to a Super Bowl. In real life, however, it just didn't happen for him in Buffalo. I wish him the best.

I am also very eager for the JP era to begin. I think he will be exciting to watch, and will inject new life into the team.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-16-2005, 07:41 AM
Although I am relieved to see the end of the Drew Bledsoe era in Buffalo, I can honestly say that through all the frustration and maddening losses, it was a fun ride. I loved seeing Drew throw that deep ball. I loved seeing him take shot after shot and just shrug it off. The guy is tough. The guy can throw the football. If he was just a little bit more of a leader, and made a little bit better reads and short throws, he would be a great QB. In the NFL, the difference between a winning QB and a losing QB is a fine line. It was fun to have a "marquee" QB for a few years...and knowing that if he was on his game (which did happen on all too rare occasions) he could disect any defense in the league. Will I miss Drew? Yeah..probably. He brought us back to respectability. And I think he will do that for another flagging team. The problem is he can't seal the deal. Maybe moving to the NFC (much weaker conference) will help. I will be pleased if he has improved success somewhere else. In light of all that, this IS the correct move for this organization. If we did not draft JP, I might think differently. If we were choosing between the available FA's and Drew, I might think we should keep him. But the reality is that this is the only sensible move to make. Thanks for the memories Drew.

The King
02-16-2005, 07:46 AM
Although I am relieved to see the end of the Drew Bledsoe era in Buffalo, I can honestly say that through all the frustration and maddening losses, it was a fun ride. I loved seeing Drew throw that deep ball. I loved seeing him take shot after shot and just shrug it off. The guy is tough. The guy can throw the football. If he was just a little bit more of a leader, and made a little bit better reads and short throws, he would be a great QB. In the NFL, the difference between a winning QB and a losing QB is a fine line. It was fun to have a "marquee" QB for a few years...and knowing that if he was on his game (which did happen on all too rare occasions) he could disect any defense in the league. Will I miss Drew? Yeah..probably. He brought us back to respectability. And I think he will do that for another flagging team. The problem is he can't seal the deal. Maybe moving to the NFC (much weaker conference) will help. I will be pleased if he has improved success somewhere else. In light of all that, this IS the correct move for this organization. If we did not draft JP, I might think differently. If we were choosing between the available FA's and Drew, I might think we should keep him. But the reality is that this is the only sensible move to make. Thanks for the memories Drew.

Nicely put.

Patti120
02-16-2005, 07:48 AM
I feel bad for Drew, who is a good man and gave it everything he had. He is the kind of guy who, in a Hollywood script, would lead the Bills to a Super Bowl. In real life, however, it just didn't happen for him in Buffalo. I wish him the best.

I am also very eager for the JP era to begin. I think he will be exciting to watch, and will inject new life into the team.

Agreed, the guys a class, just couldn't get it done when it was needed.

:peace:

Tatonka
02-16-2005, 07:56 AM

well said.

TedMock
02-16-2005, 08:11 AM

I agree 100%. While I feel that it's time to move in a new direction, I would never celebrate the release of a guy with Bledsoe's class. Hopefully most Bills fans will react the same way, and not with ignorant celebration.

mybills
02-16-2005, 09:22 AM
I'm having a party. :up: :mex:

Mr. Cynical
02-16-2005, 04:59 PM
You know, I did feel bad for him before, but now....after thinking about his many failures...I don't. Class guy, but I'm a Bills fan first and foremost. I'm glad he's gone.

thebuffalobills4
02-16-2005, 05:21 PM
it sucks that he is gone,but you got to understand he was getting old. :( :cynic: :shakeno: