• Show
Clear All
  • clumping platelets
    • Jun 2024

Moulds: 2005 is probably his last season

2005 1500000.00 (was $5.5 million)
    2006 6089000.00 (same)
    2007 7250000.00 (added)

His salary in 2006 did not change. Only 2005...thus, the Bills basically did a simple restructure and converted salary to signing bonus.
  • ajsdx
    • Aug 2003

Comment

• mybills
      81 st zoner
      • Jul 2002

Is that a sure thing that he's gone after 05?
      I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• clumping platelets

It's not a sure thing, but I would have hoped Moulds (and his agent) would have done something to lower his salary in 2006.

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

They can just restructure again. As long as the bills keep having good seasons, I think he will stay.

Byrd.

Comment

• Marvelous
            • Feb 2004

I want Moulds to finish his career with us. I rank that want #2 only behind winning the east. I no longer even need to mention wanting the conference or ..............
            GO BILLS!!! NE
            Magical Trevor

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix
              They can just restructure again. As long as the bills keep having good seasons, I think he will stay.
              yeah.. why wouldnt they just restructure again in 06?
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

bump
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Where's the link to thisinformation ?

I don't uncderstand how the retructured deal works then. If he adjusted this years cap hit by taking a bonus we would have to figure in the amortisized bonus from his previous contract which was 12.5 million spread over 6 years.

The 2+ million a season amortisized bonus from the original contract has to be accoutned for and the new bonus he recieved this year which was about 3.5 million. In other words Moulds has 9.7 (give or take) worth of bonus cash that gets distributed thru now and 2007.

In this case cutting Moulds next season would cost the Bills approximately 5.5 million of dead cap space next year if they choose to release him.

If his base wage is 6.1 million next year we would only save .6 million by releasing him.

I think Moulds is safe next year, or am I completely off in my thinking.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Moulds will have $2 million amortization remaining from the $12 million signing bonus he rec'd in 2001. He will also have the new amortization in both 2006 & 2007. Thus, his dead cap in 2006 (before 6/1) will be $5,333,333. His cap number in 2006 will be approx. $10 million ($6.089 million, $2 million old amort, $1,666,666 new amort = $9,755,666) PLUS he could still have the same $1 million reporting/roster bonus and $100,000 workout bonus.

The Bills took the difference in salary of $4 million ($5.5 million down to $1.5 million) and his $1 million reporting/roster bonus, which together is the $5 million, and converted it to signing bonus to spread out over 3 yrs. He was scheduled to make $6.6 million cash in 2005 (cap hit higher because of previous signing bonus amortization). He will receive $6.5 million cash in 2005. This method is called "simple restructure" or conversion of salary to bonus

Comment

• clumping platelets

Title of the thread has the source

NFLPA

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                        Moulds will have $2 million amortization remaining from the $12 million signing bonus he rec'd in 2001. He will also have the new amortization in both 2006 & 2007. Thus, his dead cap in 2006 (before 6/1) will be $5,333,333. His cap number in 2006 will be approx. $10 million ($6.089 million, $2 million old amort, $1,666,666 new amort = $9,755,666) PLUS he could still have the same $1 million reporting/roster bonus and $100,000 workout bonus.

The Bills took the difference in salary of $4 million ($5.5 million down to $1.5 million) and his $1 million reporting/roster bonus, which together is the $5 million, and converted it to signing bonus to spread out over 3 yrs. He was scheduled to make $6.6 million cash in 2005 (cap hit higher because of previous signing bonus amortization). He will receive $6.5 million cash in 2005. This method is called "simple restructure" or conversion of salary to bonus
                        When teams do this kind of contract restructure...they usually go back to the contract the next year...don't they?

Comment

• ddaryl
                          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                          • Jan 2005

cutting Moulds next season would only save the Bills 1 million give or take a couple hundred thou, Maybe 2 million at the most.

As long as Eric plays at a high level I think he's safe next year. I am dissapointed in the the way this restrucutring went. We didn't really do ourselves the favor I thought we had.

Now lets talk about the mike Williams situation

Comment

• helmetguy
                            Touch the helmet for luck
                            • Sep 2002

And people *****ed about Bledsoe's last restructure?
                            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

I never understood how people feel players that re-structure are taking one for the team. The vast majority of players receive the same amount of money as before they only get the money much sooner thus enabling them to invest it sooner and make more money...

Comment

Working...
                              X