View Full Version : Bills' Cap Picture overstated

clumping platelets
02-15-2005, 10:44 PM
Mike Williams hit his escalators

2005 4000000.00 (salary was $726,875)
2006 4000000.00 (salary was $967,500)
2007 5000000.00 (salary was $1,208,125)

His 2005 cap number is now $9.17 million

Bills will enter FA with much less than was has been reported. Local media sucks when it come to the cap

clumping platelets
02-15-2005, 11:05 PM
Right now, with Moulds restructure, M. Williams hitting his escalator, and Bledsoe's release.....I have the Bills about $9.4 million under an estimated unadjusted" salary cap of $86 million.

More soon with my cap analysis article

gimpy
02-15-2005, 11:18 PM
Right now, with Moulds restructure, M. Williams hitting his escalator, and Bledsoe's release.....I have the Bills about $9.4 million under an estimated unadjusted" salary cap of $86 million.

More soon with my cap analysis article
Hopefully TD can get to work on MW's restructure now that the DB thing is over.

clumping platelets
02-15-2005, 11:35 PM
I believe Drew and MW have the same agent. One report from Dennis Williams a couple of weeks ago said that MW's situation will get addressed once their is finality to Drew's......we have finality.

clumping platelets
02-16-2005, 01:57 AM
Media has reported as much as $16 million.............it will be about half that with any more restructures/releases/etc

Lone Stranger
02-16-2005, 06:10 AM
Kind of depressing. TD was supposed to get us out of cap jail but with all the moves made to date we're still not in very good shape when you see who we have to re-sign. TD's not such a genius.

Jan Reimers
02-16-2005, 06:49 AM
We really need to restructure Big Mike. He's a decent player, but not worth anywhere near $9+ Million.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-16-2005, 07:19 AM
I like the media's number better.

Marvelous
02-16-2005, 08:53 AM
Mike Williams is our best lineman but if he gets 9 mill he should play LT.
fmr60, wtf are you talking about? TD is doing good as far as capology. The cap is the one area i respect TD more then any..

Michael82
02-16-2005, 08:53 AM
I hope they restructure and extend Mike Williams soon. Both him and Clements should be taken care of, this offseason. Pat Williams should be re-signed and a new LT should be signed.

ddaryl
02-16-2005, 11:08 AM
We really need to restructure Big Mike. He's a decent player, but not worth anywhere near $9+ Million.
Obviously restrucutring is not that good of a deal. Players still get the money they had in their contract. It just costs us more down the road.

SoCalBillsFan
02-16-2005, 12:00 PM
9 million is still very good! It's definately enough to sign pat williams and a left tackle.

ddaryl
02-16-2005, 12:01 PM
Something doesn't make sense here

according to yur cap page he was do to count 5.9 million against the cap

This included the amortisized bonus figure of 2.17 mil, an "other bonus" of 3 mil, and a cap hit of 5.9 mil.

What does the 3 mil in "other bonuse" mean, isn't this the esculator clause and don't you already have this figured in ?????

ddaryl
02-16-2005, 01:11 PM
bump... where's Clump

Lone Stranger
02-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Mike Williams is our best lineman but if he gets 9 mill he should play LT.
fmr60, wtf are you talking about? TD is doing good as far as capology. The cap is the one area i respect TD more then any..

I guess the cap is a matter of opinion. To my way of thinking $9million allows us some room to sign our draft choices, lock in a veteran or two(we are going to lose some) but not really give us the funds to do anything serious in free agency. I'm one who thinks you have to have money to get into free agency. I believe TD's capology is adequate at best.

ddaryl
02-16-2005, 02:39 PM
We have more then 9 million. Clumps numbers are wrong. He already has taken into consideration MW's escualtor clause as I mentioned above.

We are closer to 13 million under the cap without Drew.

cordog
02-16-2005, 04:28 PM
Kind of depressing. TD was supposed to get us out of cap jail but with all the moves made to date we're still not in very good shape when you see who we have to re-sign. TD's not such a genius.

HUH!!! TD has done a great job with the cap. How many years since TD straightened out the cap situation have the bills went into a season close or over the cap? Every year with Butler we would have to let guys go because of this. Im too lazy to look but im guessing the Bills have 50 +guys under contract right now with 9-10 mill to spend. Not too bad.

ICE74129
02-16-2005, 04:33 PM
Clump as usual you are the man. I think TD knows whats up. If Pat williams wants to come back then Adams and Spikes must redo their deals. If not he is gone. I dont' see how in hell MW will keep that cap number and still play RT. No way TD lets that sit

clumping platelets
02-16-2005, 06:59 PM
Something doesn't make sense here

according to yur cap page he was do to count 5.9 million against the cap

This included the amortisized bonus figure of 2.17 mil, an "other bonus" of 3 mil, and a cap hit of 5.9 mil.

What does the 3 mil in "other bonuse" mean, isn't this the esculator clause and don't you already have this figured in ?????

The escalator was something I was aware of but it hadn't yet been reflected on the NFLPA website until sometime late Tuesday. I haven't submitted the necessary changes to the cap page yet. I do not know the techno stuff to make the changes. I provide the info, techno-nerds make the changes for me

$3 million is a roster bonus. His salary escalated to $4 million from the $726,875 on the cap page

ddaryl
02-16-2005, 07:03 PM
This is so depressing Clump. I've followed all the links and I can't argue with ya. Our salary cap is 6 million less then what we all thought it was going to be. What a bummer.

Probably gain 1.2 million with Prioleau's eventual cut, and trading Travis gains us another million. We'll probably end up just under 11 million then. Not to bad, but not as awesome as it was yesterday.

Thanks for the reply

Ebenezer
03-02-2005, 04:29 PM
This is so depressing Clump. I've followed all the links and I can't argue with ya. Our salary cap is 6 million less then what we all thought it was going to be. What a bummer.

Probably gain 1.2 million with Prioleau's eventual cut, and trading Travis gains us another million. We'll probably end up just under 11 million then. Not to bad, but not as awesome as it was yesterday.

Thanks for the reply
The Bills can always "find" money but right now they are not as far under as people first thought...still waiting on cap adjustments for 2005.

chernobylwraiths
03-02-2005, 08:17 PM
What the hell did he have to do to actually hit his escalators? Damn, I mean the guy has missed several games already with various injuries, this year was his most solid but not pro bowl material yet. I mean there were people calling him a bust and to have him moved to guard at the beginning of the season. What did he have to do to hit these escalators, make the roster?

BillsFever21
03-02-2005, 08:19 PM
What the hell did he have to do to actually hit his escalators? Damn, I mean the guy has missed several games already with various injuries, this year was his most solid but not pro bowl material yet. I mean there were people calling him a bust and to have him moved to guard at the beginning of the season. What did he have to do to hit these escalators, make the roster?
I've wondered the same thing. :scratch: