X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DB1111
    • Dec 2002

Cowboys Discussed Trade For Drew Bledsoe

ESPN.com has learned that there were discussions between the Bills and Dallas Cowboys officials in recent days about a potential trade. It is not known if the Cowboys opted not to pursue those talks or if Bledsoe advised the Bills he did not wanted to be traded. Such a deal would have reunited Bledsoe with Bill Parcells, the coach who brought him into the league as the first overall prospect selected in the 1993 draft.

• ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Link doesn't work....."File not found
    "

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

I wouldnt be suprised if Drew was hesitant to play for Parcels again. I do think he will succeed if he does but Drew always used to squak about how hard Parcels worked him, maybe that could be the difference in his career.... His work ethic?
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

After seeing Drew display a 'deer in headlights' mentality in almost every big game the Bills played in the last couple of years and working under the Clements and Wyche this past year I am convinced Drew will not succeed no matter where he goes. He is like Rob Johnson, no matter how hard you coach him he seems to freeze under pressure in a game situation.
        If Drew goes to Dallas I would think that will be the beginning of the end for Parcells in Dallas.

Comment

• NJFINSFAN1
          NJ In The House
          • Nov 2004

Parcells likes QB's with no pulse!!

Time To Ski!

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by NJFINSFAN1
            Parcells likes QB's with no pulse!!
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Beastmaster
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

Why trade for him when you can sign him without losing any picks or players? Bledsoe is on his way to Dallas.
              I imagine Cowboy fans are going to be furious.

Comment

• Dozerdog
                In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Beastmaster
                Why trade for him when you can sign him without losing any picks or players? Bledsoe is on his way to Dallas.
                I imagine Cowboy fans are going to be furious.
                The only advantage to a trade would be to pick up a great contract (like Henry's) ...which Bledsoe does not have.

Comment

• Beastmaster
                  Hall of Fame Zoner
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                  The only advantage to a trade would be to pick up a great contract (like Henry's) ...which Bledsoe does not have.
                  That's true.

Comment

Working...
                  X