PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Discussed Trade For Drew Bledsoe

DB1111
02-15-2005, 11:49 PM
ESPN.com has learned that there were discussions between the Bills and Dallas Cowboys officials in recent days about a potential trade. It is not known if the Cowboys opted not to pursue those talks or if Bledsoe advised the Bills he did not wanted to be traded. Such a deal would have reunited Bledsoe with Bill Parcells, the coach who brought him into the league as the first overall prospect selected in the 1993 draft.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/colum..._len&id=1992404

ryjam282
02-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Link doesn't work....."File not found
"

The King
02-16-2005, 07:15 AM
I wouldnt be suprised if Drew was hesitant to play for Parcels again. I do think he will succeed if he does but Drew always used to squak about how hard Parcels worked him, maybe that could be the difference in his career.... His work ethic?

don137
02-16-2005, 07:20 AM
After seeing Drew display a 'deer in headlights' mentality in almost every big game the Bills played in the last couple of years and working under the Clements and Wyche this past year I am convinced Drew will not succeed no matter where he goes. He is like Rob Johnson, no matter how hard you coach him he seems to freeze under pressure in a game situation.
If Drew goes to Dallas I would think that will be the beginning of the end for Parcells in Dallas.

NJFINSFAN1
02-16-2005, 07:55 AM
Parcells likes QB's with no pulse!!

mybills
02-16-2005, 09:31 AM
Parcells likes QB's with no pulse!!
:rofl:

Kerr
02-16-2005, 11:29 AM
Why trade for him when you can sign him without losing any picks or players? Bledsoe is on his way to Dallas.
I imagine Cowboy fans are going to be furious.

Dozerdog
02-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Why trade for him when you can sign him without losing any picks or players? Bledsoe is on his way to Dallas.
I imagine Cowboy fans are going to be furious.
The only advantage to a trade would be to pick up a great contract (like Henry's) ...which Bledsoe does not have.

Kerr
02-16-2005, 11:34 AM
The only advantage to a trade would be to pick up a great contract (like Henry's) ...which Bledsoe does not have.
That's true.