• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Where will they end up?

Where do you think all the available qb's will end up?

Jeff Garcia-Detroit. (Tampa was another possibility, but garcia had his best years under Mooch and will push Harrington for the starting job. His best chance to start is in the Motorcity.)
    Brad Johnson-Arizona (Josh Mcnown? John Navarre? Shaun King? Not starting material. Here's an experienced ex super bowl winning qb who has a few left in him. Denney Green and BJ were in Minnesota together.
    Rich Gannon-Tampa (Two words. John Gruden. Chucky wants an experience qb while Chris Simms still develops)
    Drew Bledsoe-Dallas (The obvious choice. It seems Parcells is the only one who wants Bledsoe. He drafted, he'll go lose or win with him.)
    Kelly Holcomb-Cleveland-(He wants to start and it seems Cleveland wants him back also)
    Matt Hassleback-Seattle(Seattle will bring him back. He would have gone to Green Bay, but it appears farve is coming back for one more season.)
    Shane Matthews-? (His status is really up in the air. Ideal first choice for buffalo, but family comes first so he may ver well not come back).
    Mike Mcmahon-Green Bay(Brett farve's future replacement. Almost plays like farve did in his younger days. Green Bay a version of the west coast offense, like Detroit does. He knows farve will only play one more year.)
    Jay Fielder-Buffalo (Smart and Experience. Not the strongest arm, but won't make many mistakes,has started and helped the fins win games before. Good insurance. Good team guy. Has shown he can play well in Buffalo in the past. Not a bad cold weather qb afterall.)
  • Earthquake Enyart
    Legendary Zoner
    • Jul 2002

Gannon is done.

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Beastmaster
      Jay Fielder-Buffalo (Smart and Experience. Not the strongest arm, but won't make many mistakes,has started and helped the fins win games before. Good insurance. Good team guy. Has shown he can play well in Buffalo in the past. Not a bad cold weather qb afterall.)

Byrd.

Comment

• Beastmaster
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
        Gannon is done.
        Is he? I haven't heard anything about that. Got any links?

Comment

• dannyek71
          Drink Responsibly
          • Dec 2004

fiedler wouldnt be bad (If he is VERY cheap)
          [

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
            Legendary Zoner
            • Jul 2002

Gannon broke vertebrae in his neck last year. I think he's had enough.

Comment

• djjimkelly
              • Apr 2003

u guys are insane fiedler has been horrible in bad weathere here over the years. miamis winning here was all on the legs of ricky screw fiedler even it is only as backup

Comment

• Valerie
                Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                • Jul 2002

Drew Bledsoe-Dallas (The obvious choice. It seems Parcells is the only one who wants Bledsoe. He drafted, he'll go lose or win with him.)
                I seriously have to wonder about Parcells. Sometimes I think he's a total moron! He spent the better part of his career working with one of the biggest drug addicts in the history of the sport and then he goes and lets go Quincy Carter (who I liked) because of a little coke! And, not only does he get rid of Quincy, but he hires Vinny "I've got the 2nd most losing record in the history of the NFL" Testaverde! And now he's going to recruit Drew?!?!?!? What an ass! Although, I would rather have Drew than Vinny!

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                The only answer I found for all this hurt
                Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Dozerdog
                  In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

He must really hate Henson

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                    He must really hate Henson
                    I agree. He didn't even want to give him half a chance when their season was over.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

I'm suprised they didn't send him to NFLE this week if he was so far behind.

Comment

• Valerie
                        Saving the World One Signature at a Time!
                        • Jul 2002

And I thought Henson was the number one draft pick a few years ago. Wasn't he supposed to be some great quarterback? Or am I thinking about someone else?

There's not a stone in my heart I've left unturned
                        Not a piece of my soul that I ain't searched
                        The only answer I found for all this hurt
                        Is there ain't not answer here on earth

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

I'm suprised they didn't send him to NFLE this week if he was so far behind.
                          He wants to bury the guy.

Originally posted by Valerie
                          And I thought Henson was the number one draft pick a few years ago. Wasn't he supposed to be some great quarterback? Or am I thinking about someone else?
                          He would have been a high draft pick, but he went to play baseball. The Texans took a flyer on him and drafted him late, then traded his rights to the Cowboys. Most people would say that he outplayed Tom Brady at Michigan.

Comment

• Dozerdog

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Is he? I haven't heard anything about that. Got any links?
                            Gil Brandt on Sirius NFL radio just said he talked to someone close to Gannon a few days ago, and that he is definately retiring.

The reason it's quiet right now is that the move officially won't happen until June 1 because of cap considerations.

Comment

• Beastmaster
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Gil Brandt on Sirius NFL radio just said he talked to someone close to Gannon a few days ago, and that he is definately retiring.

The reason it's quiet right now is that the move officially won't happen until June 1 because of cap considerations.
                              Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X