PDA

View Full Version : Neil O'Donnell

Bulldog
02-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Peter King of SI said yesterday on WGR that O'Donnell would like to play two more years in the NFL. Said he would like to go to a team that is a contender and where he might have a chance of possibly seeing some playing time. Said Buffalo might be a possibility. Any thoughts?

Iehoshua
02-16-2005, 01:53 PM
My thought:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Dozerdog
02-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Only as a vet 3rd QB making $750 K

THATHURMANATOR
02-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Not too keen on him.

R. Rich
02-16-2005, 01:56 PM
My thought:

Bulldog
02-16-2005, 02:06 PM
My thought:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

He's a better alternative than Mathews. A guy with the experience and knowledge of O'donnell could do wonders for the development of Losman.

OpIv37
02-16-2005, 02:09 PM
no way- he sucks and he's washed up. And I don't want to hear everyone on this board *****ing about TD's Pitt connections for 6 months.

Gunzlingr
02-16-2005, 02:11 PM
Please no :ill:

generalmills
02-16-2005, 02:11 PM
although O'Donnell does not excite me much as a fan...I could see this being the move...I do not see the bills going out there and getting a household name that is in the prime of his carreer.. We all have to remember that we are looking for a BACKUP!! not someone to challenge JP for the starting role. We have put all of our chips behind him (like it or not the ship floats or goes down depending on his development). A move for O'Donnell would give security at the QB position as he has shown in the past that he can play for extended periods of time with service like success. O'Donnell would also be a move that confirms the bills commitment to JP as the franchise. I believe that O'Donnell and Brad Johnson are the caliber of player that will be looked at.

Bulldog
02-16-2005, 02:12 PM
no way- he sucks and he's washed up. And I don't want to hear everyone on this board *****ing about TD's Pitt connections for 6 months.

I could say the same about all the other names that are being thrown around. I for one would like the move. O'donnell would be a viable back-up and could probably steal a couple of games should Losman go down.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-16-2005, 02:14 PM
Neil O'Donnell is actually a pretty solid QB, and is superior to Matthews. He is very cerebral, can pick up a play book quickly, and is a good locker room presence. He would be great for JP on the sidelines, and I would not be scared ****less if he had to come into the game. Sounds like a good, cheap idea to me.

OpIv37
02-16-2005, 02:17 PM
I just think we'd do better with someone a little younger and more mobile- ie, more similar to Losman in style so it's less of an adjustment to everyone else if he goes down.

MikeInRoch
02-16-2005, 02:20 PM
Just what we need. Another QB who stunk it up in the Super Bowl. ;)

Bulldog
02-16-2005, 02:23 PM
I just think we'd do better with someone a little younger and more mobile- ie, more similar to Losman in style so it's less of an adjustment to everyone else if he goes down.

Out of all the names I've seen thrown around, O'Donnell seems like the most logical choice. Cheap, experienced, and smart. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Jan Reimers
02-16-2005, 02:32 PM
Won't it affect his Social Security benefits?

NJFINSFAN1
02-16-2005, 02:46 PM
He turned down jobs last year, he does the titians football on radio or TV and says he is happy doing so. But rumors here in Jersey say he might be willing to go to the Jets for a year if the price was right because he knows the Old Titian OC's offense.

ShadowHawk7
02-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Neil O'Donnell is actually a pretty solid QB, and is superior to Matthews. He is very cerebral, can pick up a play book quickly, and is a good locker room presence. He would be great for JP on the sidelines, and I would not be scared ****less if he had to come into the game. Sounds like a good, cheap idea to me.
Ditto.

Bulldog
02-16-2005, 03:49 PM
He turned down jobs last year, he does the titians football on radio or TV and says he is happy doing so. But rumors here in Jersey say he might be willing to go to the Jets for a year if the price was right because he knows the Old Titian OC's offense.

I know he turned down jobs last year. I'm just reporting what I heard Peter King say yesterday. They also talked about him going to the Jets and King said that Herm Edwards is still high on Quincy Carter(no pun intended) and he would probably be the back-up to Chad Pennington. I would love to see him in Buffalo.

Gunzlingr
02-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Since I have had time to think about it, this may not be a horrible idea. :idunno:

DynaPaul
02-16-2005, 04:56 PM
You must be kidding. O'Donnell is worse than Bledsoe. The only spot he's getting is 3rd string.

thebuffalobills4
02-16-2005, 05:01 PM
neil o'donneil is :bs:

The_Philster
02-16-2005, 06:34 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to it if that's the best option...and some of the options being thrown around aren't better.

Mr. Cynical
02-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Neil O'Donnell is older than :ee:

don137
02-16-2005, 06:44 PM
I would prefer a more mobile QB so they can run the same offense as JP if he ever gets hurt but I guess beggers can't be choosers and their are worse alternatives to O'Donnell...

Bulldog
02-16-2005, 07:24 PM
I still have yet to see a better alternative listed on this board.

Holcomb: Will want to start somewhere
Gannon: Will retire w/ broken neck
Garcia: Will likely end up in Detroit

I seriously am begginning to think that O'Donnell is the Bills best bet. Like I said before, he's a student of the game and could help tutor JP. And, I really wouldn't be worried if he had to start a couple of games if Losman were to get injured.

Ickybaluky
02-16-2005, 09:08 PM

One of the teams he turned down was the Patriots. They ended up signing Jim Miller instead. Miller is a FA, BTW.

If he is looking to play, I wonder if the Pats show interest again this season?

helmetguy
02-16-2005, 09:26 PM
Someone wanna email Steve McNair about O'Donnell? I heard the King interview too, and I heard him say that McNair credits a lot of his development to Neil O'Donnell.

Big M
02-17-2005, 03:45 AM
Mularkey wants QB's with mobility. Rather than just tossing random names around, think who would fit what Mularkey is looking for. He's not going to sign a pocket QB with zero mobility, forcing him to completely change the playbook if Losman gets hurt.

I still believe the Bills make a serious pitch towards Jay Fiedler, once Miami cuts him. A Vet with starting experience who can actually move.

Forward_Lateral
02-17-2005, 06:44 AM
When are the Bubby Brister rumours going to start? This is ridiculous. How old is Neil "Snaggletooth" O'Donnell anyways, 54? Are we sure we want this guy as a backup? You know we'd have to have wheelchair ramps installed in the players weightroom if this happened, that's a ton of $$$ we could be spending elsewhere.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Just took a peek at O'Donnell's stats....and it did leave me less than excited about the possibility of him coming here....of course stats don't tell the whole story, but it has been about 5 years since he started more than 1 game in a season...and he will be 39 by the time next season rolls around.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?statsId=1073