PDA

View Full Version : ESPN News says that the door is still open...

Michael82
02-16-2005, 02:01 PM
Could this press conference by Bettman have done the job? Could it have forced the players to pressure Goodenow and the NHLPA to publicly accept the $42.5 million cap? If you listened to the PC by Bettman, he left the door open. Hmmm. ESPN News is also reporting that calls are starting to flood in to Bob Goodenow's phone pressuring him to accept the NHL's final offer.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-16-2005, 02:14 PM
I don't see why not, the NHL should just walk away and let the players come crawling back to them to meet the owners demands. Maybe the players are finally seeing that the owners are not going to roll over, they would rather cancel the season.

Michael82
02-16-2005, 02:18 PM
I don't see why not, the NHL should just walk away and let the players come crawling back to them to meet the owners demands. Maybe the players are finally seeing that the owners are not going to roll over, they would rather cancel the season.
That would be hilarious to watch. Bob Goodenow getting forced to accept the $42 million cap in his press conference after the NHL already cancelled the season. :rofl:

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-16-2005, 02:28 PM
That would be hilarious to watch. Bob Goodenow getting forced to accept the $42 million cap in his press conference after the NHL already cancelled the season. :rofl:

There has to be something in the laws that states the conditions where the owners can call this labor negotiations an impasse. I wonder if the players came back and said they accept the deal the owners gave if the owners can now say, did we say 42, we meant 40.

Michael82
02-16-2005, 02:31 PM
There has to be something in the laws that states the conditions where the owners can call this labor negotiations an impasse. I wonder if the players came back and said they accept the deal the owners gave if the owners can now say, did we say 42, we meant 40.
That would be even funnier. :rofl:

JD
02-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Nope nothing happend.

SkateZilla
02-19-2005, 01:17 AM
its prolly a follow up meeting... not a meeting to save the season.