X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

WOOOHOOO! HOCKEY IS DONE!

I know, I know...it's off topic, but the Sabres are the only other real pro sports team in Buffalo, and I for one am giddy because of today's developments.....

I would love to see the loeague just fold up and a new league replace it.

Not that far out of the realm of possibility in my opinion.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

And we have a forum where we discuss Sabres and all things hockey.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Demon
      • Mar 2003

I don't understand why something could be happy.

This news only makes lives so much harder for people in Buffalo.... bar owners, people working in resturants, buses, taxi's, hotels....... it's a huge chain reaction that hurts the City of Buffalo.... i don't see why someone is happy. Don't like hockey? Stop watching it or don't spend money on it, but think of the big picture people. Your post doesn't sound any better then what the Owners or players are saying.....
      Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• northernbillfan
        Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Had to mocve it because of the activity on the "Bills" board.
        When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• Michael82
          • Jul 2002

I'm happy about it because of one reason....The Rochester Amerks!

The Sabres always take the players away from the Amerks and it's a big reason why they haven't won a championship in a while. They are the top team in the AHL right now and have a shot at the Calder Cup. This means they can finish the rest of the year without any callups to the Sabres and will have all the players, including Ryan Miller in the AHL playoffs.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
            • May 2003

Originally posted by Demon

This news only makes lives so much harder for people in Buffalo.... bar owners, people working in resturants, buses, taxi's, hotels....... it's a huge chain reaction that hurts the City of Buffalo.... i don't see why someone is happy. Don't like hockey? Stop watching it or don't spend money on it, but think of the big picture people. Your post doesn't sound any better then what the Owners or players are saying.....
            If you are going to go down that road you should include the tax money the city and county lose out on tickets, beer, parking, etc.

Comment

• ticatfan
              The Meathead of Muslims!
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
              If you are going to go down that road you should include the tax money the city and county lose out on tickets, beer, parking, etc.
              And lets not forget the cute ice girls that shovel around the net.
              Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
              Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                • Feb 2003

Originally posted by Demon

This makes me unbelievably angry about the whole situation back home.

When hockey games mean so much to the city's economy..............******* it.

Not to go off topic, but the national edition of the New York Times had a big story of all the trouble back home and a pic of a guy protesting the closing of Chesnut Ridge park

"Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                We are the Rockpile
                We are the Rockpile
                BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• BillsFever21
                  • Aug 2004

Just fold the NHL and start up a Baseball or Basketball team in Buffalo. Hockey is worthless.

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                    • Feb 2003

Dear BillsFever,

Hey, we tried.

Sincerely,

The LA Clippers

And Baseball is just plain awful.
                    "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                    We are the Rockpile
                    We are the Rockpile
                    BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• Myers57
                      Registered User and McLovin stunt double
                      • Sep 2003

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                      I know, I know...it's off topic, but the Sabres are the only other real pro sports team in Buffalo, and I for one am giddy because of today's developments.....

I would love to see the loeague just fold up and a new league replace it.

Not that far out of the realm of possibility in my opinion.
                      WHY DO YOU POST HERE IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY?!?!?

I DONT GO ON THE BILLS BOAD AND BRAG THAT THE BILLS DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO DIS THE NHL GET OFF THE SABRES BOARDS AND DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by Afinogenov61
                        WHY DO YOU POST HERE IF YOU HAVE NOTHING GOOD TO SAY?!?!?

I DONT GO ON THE BILLS BOAD AND BRAG THAT THE BILLS DIDN'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!

IF YOU ARE JUST GOING TO DIS THE NHL GET OFF THE SABRES BOARDS AND DO IT SOMEWHERE ELSE!
                        See? This is one symptom of the larger illness that is Hockey.

OH GOD FORBID...Don't say anything bad about our precious sport...we might cry about it....

Where else would be appropriate to voice my disdain for the current NHL than in a hockey board?

May the NHL die a quick, but painful, death and give rise to a real league.

You are all welcome to bash the Bills as much as you want to .....they deserve it almost as much as Hockey does....I said almost. At least they can draw fans, provide entertainment and compete every game.
                        --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Myers57
                          Registered User and McLovin stunt double
                          • Sep 2003

If you post in here, nobody really cares to hear about how much you hate hockey and think it should die, did you ever realize that this board has hockey fans on it?

If you don't care about hockey why do you bother to post about it?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                            See? This is one symptom of the larger illness that is Hockey.

OH GOD FORBID...Don't say anything bad about our precious sport...we might cry about it....

Where else would be appropriate to voice my disdain for the current NHL than in a hockey board?

May the NHL die a quick, but painful, death and give rise to a real league.

You are all welcome to bash the Bills as much as you want to .....they deserve it almost as much as Hockey does....I said almost. At least they can draw fans, provide entertainment and compete every game.
                            1. Stupid comments
                            2. This hurts the city
                            3. This could potentially hurt the Bills, though I don't think it will considering they're the only thing left in town, so people will probably pay more attention to them. However, many businesses will lose out now that the Sabs aren't playing, and if they can't keep up they may go under and leave town, which could have a ripple effect on the Bills making money or staying in the area period. IE: Businesses leave > revenues leave > people leave > not enough people to fill stadium > Bills leave.

How can you say this is a good thing, esp for a city that could really use this team right now. If you aren't a Sabs fan or have anything of substance to say then stay off the ****ing board.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by jfreeman
                              1. Stupid comments
                              2. This hurts the city
                              3. This could potentially hurt the Bills, though I don't think it will considering they're the only thing left in town, so people will probably pay more attention to them. However, many businesses will lose out now that the Sabs aren't playing, and if they can't keep up they may go under and leave town, which could have a ripple effect on the Bills making money or staying in the area period. IE: Businesses leave > revenues leave > people leave > not enough people to fill stadium > Bills leave.

How can you say this is a good thing, esp for a city that could really use this team right now. If you aren't a Sabs fan or have anything of substance to say then stay off the ****ing board.

hmmm....let's see.....
                              My comments are stupid because you don't agree with them?
                              I am stupid because I am hoping that the NHL folds? You have displayed the height of ignorance.
                              THE NHL IS BROKEN.
                              Broken beyond repair. The light at the end of the tunnel is that maybe a new, better run league will form....and hockey in the form it was intended to be played will return.
                              In the recent past, the product on the ice is horrible. I have watched many games, and been to many games. I know the game. I have played it. The truth is that a low level college hockey game is more exciting than an NHL game. There needs to be wholesale changes to the product, and the NHL will not allow significant enough changes to take place.

YES....no hockey is bad for Buffalo. And Buffalo is on the ropes already. The meager revenues that Hockey fans brought into the downtown area was just enough to get some small businesses through the winter. I understand that, and I am not happy about that. ANY major change has far reaching consequences and that is unavoidable.
                              This is far from the worst thing that has happened to Buffalo however. If the county and city governments would not have inserted their heads into their rectums for the past 20 years, the loss of the NHL would not be a crippling blow.

Could this affect the Bills? Sure. It could lead to increased merchandise sales, increased demand for tickets, etc etc.
                              The Bills depend far less on the city of Buffalo for their fan base than the Sabres do. It is much more difficult for average Joe Fan from the southern tier, western PA, etc to come to a Friday night Sabres game than it is to go to a Sunday afternoon Bills game.

PS--this board is not only for like minded people with positive views of the Sabres. If you don't like my posts, don't read them, or don't respond...it is your choice.
                              --Leo Durocher

Comment

Working...
                              X