PDA

View Full Version : AFC East: A new day a new view

Ebenezer
12-02-2002, 11:51 AM
OK, what are the chances Buffalo makes the playoffs??

Simply:

1. They need to win 3 or 4 out of 4.
2. The only loss they can have is against GB.
3. They cannot lose to the Pats.
4. The Pats have to lose to the Bills, Jets and Oakland.

There are many, many possibilities. For those who still think we can do it the best bet would be to win all four...here is to hoping!!!

WCoastFin
12-02-2002, 12:11 PM
you have a keen imagination.

venis2k1
12-02-2002, 03:48 PM
im still not to sure that we will finish 8-8, keep this in mind, we have only won 1 game out of our last 4.

BillsMan80
12-02-2002, 06:35 PM
To be honest, all of these games are winnable. For starters, I haven't been impressed with Green Bay all year. Green Bay barely eeked out wins against Atlanta and Carolina at home this year, and I am not talking about Atlanta now. I am talking about Atlanta in the beginning of the year. All of these games are winnable. If we go out and take care of business, we can win the Division or get in as a Wild Card. It's up to the leaders to take us there.

Mr. Miyagi
12-02-2002, 06:46 PM
I would LOVE to see us win at Lambeau, but Lambeau Field is as hostile, if not more, as Ralph Wilson. Favre has won 33 straight games at home when the temperature is 32 or below. What are our chances there?

The_Philster
12-02-2002, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanStuckInWisc
I would LOVE to see us win at Lambeau, but Lambeau Field is as hostile, if not more, as Ralph Wilson. Favre has won 33 straight games at home when the temperature is 32 or below. What are our chances there?

I guess we have another reason to want to see a heat wave that day then. ;)

Dozerdog
12-03-2002, 10:12 AM
The Bills can win anywhere vs anybody, and they can lose anywhere to anybody.

3-1 is not out of the realm of possibility, neither is 0-4.

To quote Mills Lane "Let's get it on!"

ublinkwescore
12-03-2002, 10:32 AM
Even if we don't make the playoffs, at least we made a dent in the Dolphins' record.

WCoastFin
12-03-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
Even if we don't make the playoffs, at least we made a dent in the Dolphins' record.

Making a dent in the Dolphins record is as good as Ricky Williams running all over you for 200+ yards and still losing the game.......you get nothing out of it.....stay home make yourself warm and watch the playoffs on TV like your team is.

:evil: :evil: :evil:

Ebenezer
12-03-2002, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
stay home make yourself warm and watch the playoffs on TV like your team is.

and we'll be sitting right next to you and the Fish...

:beer:

Mr. Miyagi
12-03-2002, 11:48 AM

Making a dent in the Dolphins record is as good as Ricky Williams running all over you for 200+ yards and still losing the game.......you get nothing out of it.....stay home make yourself warm and watch the playoffs on TV like your team is.

This is coming from a team who has been swept by us, and is only 1 game ahead of us, with 4 games left to play. Watch what you say, Phin-head, the fortune could very well be reversed...

:gobills:

fabolouspaul
12-03-2002, 01:57 PM
Look at Wcoastfins Zonebucks!! :rofl:

WG
12-03-2002, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore

We did more than that. We made more than a dent. In what should have been a Miami victory, we essentially placed them at the Pats mercy in making them.

This loss may have prevented the Fins from making the POs. They absolutely need to beat the Pats in Foxboro now unless the Pats go 2-2 while the Fins go 3-1 losing to the Pats.

The Pats play us, Jets, and Miami in N.E. and Tenn. on the road.

Miami plays Chicago on Sunday, then Oakland, then @ Minn. and @ N.E. So even if the Pats only go 2-1 against us, Tenn., and the Jets, they'll still win the division w/ a win over Miami in week 17. If the Pats happen to sweep us, the Jets, and Tenn. while Miami loses to Oakland, then it's already over. I suppose the Fins may get a wild-card spot at 10-6 w/ a loss to N.E. on the merits of a 7-5 conference record. They would probably be the last WC in that case and play the toughest divisional winner in round 1.

WG
12-03-2002, 03:15 PM

On the heels of that last post, you may be joining us, eh...!

;)

Losses to Oakland and N.E. in Foxboro on the 29th of December and you had better sharpen your clubs!

Apparently winter isn't your friend. I'd be stuck to your TV when you play the Raidah's!!!

Typ0
12-03-2002, 03:18 PM
Da Bears are going to beat Miami this week.

WG
12-03-2002, 03:20 PM
I don't know about that. Even Lucas w/ one arm is as good as anything the Bears have. Thomas is out for the year. Chicago just went from one of the worst teams in the league to arguably "the" worst.

I smell a Fin rout. They'll have a tough time against Oakland however and they won't be able to overlook Minnesota either in the dome.

colin
12-03-2002, 05:03 PM
Eb, the bats only need to lose 2 games for us to get in the playoffs.