PDA

View Full Version : I'm feeling melancholy

northernbillfan
02-16-2005, 03:46 PM
This is a somewhat sad day for me. I was never a devout Drew supporter, but I always rooted for him to do good. I felt he had something left in him and was hopefull that the Buffalo Bills were the team he was going to lead when he showed the league he still had the fire.

On the other hand it was very frustrating for me to get my hopes up game after game only to watch Drew cost us a game and the ultimate, a playoff spot.

Am I sad, somewhat, more so for Drew then the team.

Am I happy, again I reiterate the somewhat. I think it is a step backwards for the team, but also a step in the right direction.

Drew is a class act and I wish him well.

Iehoshua
02-16-2005, 03:52 PM
Listening to his conference, you can't help but to feel a little melancholy, even a battle-hardened cold-hearted icewater-in-the-veins Amigo such as myself.

He did come off a bit cocky saying he'll be on the field next season for another team, unless he's been told he's the Dallas starter already which is probably true. I respect him for not waivering in his resolve that he is a starting caliber QB, even though I may disagree.

Tatonka
02-16-2005, 03:52 PM
i cant even spell melancholy.

northernbillfan
02-16-2005, 03:57 PM
Listening to his conference, you can't help but to feel a little melancholy, even a battle-hardened cold-hearted icewater-in-the-veins Amigo such as myself.
That's what made me feel this way.

Iehoshua
02-16-2005, 04:02 PM
That's what made me feel this way.
Like I've reiterated time and again, I've never hated Bledsoe as a person. The whole thing is a let-down since I was very excited when he got here. I thought our problems at QB were over for at least the next 5-10 years. I thought we had a piece to the puzzle in place. Sucks it didn't turn out. We could very well be worse off with J.P. but its time to move on since Bledsoe wasn't taking us there.

He does need to deflate his ego for his own good, IMO.

Mr. Miyagi
02-16-2005, 04:06 PM
The Bills organization couldn't treat him with any more respect. They offered him a backup job, which he declined. So they released him as he requested. Even called the press conference to officially announce their intentions to release him so he could get his name out there early, giving him maximum chances of landing somewhere else.

There should be no complaint from Drew.

generalmills
02-16-2005, 04:08 PM
This is a very sad day to be a bills fan... Bledsoe supporter or not...
Drew came into this city and many of us thought (and all of us hoped) that he would come in and be the savoir..that he was the one to take the bills to the superbowl. I remember being at the "Welcome Rally" at the stadium and thinking to myself that Drew would be at the same type of rally only in the month of Feb. celebrating a Superbowl victory.
TD put the franchise in his hands and after 3 years of lackluster performances, it was clear that the move was a mistake. This is just the finishing blow to the Bledsoe era...and time where we all had hope for fireworks and ultimately they never came.
Sad day but also a time to move on and look to the future!

northernbillfan
02-17-2005, 03:55 AM
Drew came into this city and many of us thought (and all of us hoped) that he would come in and be the savoir..
I remember this great photoshop pic was in a few sigs:

clumping platelets
02-17-2005, 04:00 AM
Best wishes to Drew :(

The King
02-17-2005, 06:42 AM
Like I've reiterated time and again, I've never hated Bledsoe as a person. The whole thing is a let-down since I was very excited when he got here. I thought our problems at QB were over for at least the next 5-10 years. I thought we had a piece to the puzzle in place. Sucks it didn't turn out. We could very well be worse off with J.P. but its time to move on since Bledsoe wasn't taking us there.

He does need to deflate his ego for his own good, IMO.

I dont know if you play any sports or anything, but when you make a living on your raw ability I think you kind of have to be "over confident". Drew is in a position now where he has to make another team believe in his abilities he almost has to come off this way. There is a fine line between pompus and confident, I dont believe he has ever crossed that line.

The Bills organization couldn't treat him with any more respect. They offered him a backup job, which he declined. So they released him as he requested. Even called the press conference to officially announce their intentions to release him so he could get his name out there early, giving him maximum chances of landing somewhere else.

There should be no complaint from Drew.

There wasnt he actually made a statement thanking the Bills for how they handled the situation, he said it couldnt have gone better considering the circumstances.

Iehoshua
02-17-2005, 06:48 AM
I dont know if you play any sports or anything, but when you make a living on your raw ability I think you kind of have to be "over confident". Drew is in a position now where he has to make another team believe in his abilities he almost has to come off this way. There is a fine line between pompus and confident, I dont believe he has ever crossed that line.

You are absolutely right. After thinking more about it, the guy has to sell himself. He is only 33 after all. Starter money is more than backup money. Why not get everything he can while he's healthy and able? I'd say the same thing if I were in his shoes. I'd not want to be a backup. Plus, if it were me, I'd be the last to admit my skills were diminished so I bet he will do the same. It's not like he wants to start a new career at this point, I think. If he's still able to go out there, then he needs to be as confident as he can without crossing the lines. No, I hold no bad feelings toward him for anything he said. He does have to make a living, plus why not be as prosperous as possible? I admire that.