PDA

View Full Version : "I don't see myself as a backup...uh..paticularly for JP"

Novacane
02-16-2005, 04:30 PM
Drew said that today. WTH is that supposed to mean? Can't go out without taking a dig at JP :rolleyes: So much for class act great guy talk :down:

ICE74129
02-16-2005, 04:30 PM
The guy showed even on his way out why we should cut him. POS!

THATHURMANATOR
02-16-2005, 04:38 PM
Who Cares? People get so bent out of shape about every fricken thing.

generalmills
02-16-2005, 04:40 PM
Drew said that today. WTH is that supposed to mean? Can't go out without taking a dig at JP :rolleyes: So much for class act great guy talk :down:
I dont think that the comment was a direct attack on JP..The press conference would have been one of the most difficult things to go through as a player (especially one who believes so greatly in his ability as drew does). He sounded like he was really rattled and I think we can give him some grace on that one! As much as I might want to make Drew into some kind of villan.. he is not.

OpIv37
02-16-2005, 04:45 PM
link?

TigerJ
02-16-2005, 04:46 PM
Bledsoe was very gracious most of the time and usually showed a lot of decorum in public, but he has a very large ego, and I think his ego doesn't let him see his own shorcomings. I think he's going to be greatly disappointed at the market out there for his services. He might sign with Dallas, but I can't see anyone else falling over themselves to bid for his services. TD admitted as much when he said the Bills tried to trade him and couldn't find anyone with whom to talk trade.

Novacane
02-16-2005, 04:46 PM
link?

The BIlls left that off the transcript. Turn on WGR55 and listen to the sports report

OpIv37
02-16-2005, 04:50 PM
I really hope he didn't say that, and it's definitely not typical of him. He has to be incredibly frustrated- I'd probably be lashing out, too, if I was at a job for 12 years and suddenly got fired so some hotshot college kid could take my place.

Novacane
02-16-2005, 04:50 PM
Who Cares? People get so bent out of shape about every fricken thing.

I really don't care and am hardly bent out of shape over it. I just posted it because of all the "he's a great guy" "what a class act" love fest thats I've been reading here today. Making a point he's not mother teresa like some act

Novacane
02-16-2005, 04:52 PM
I really hope he didn't say that, and it's definitely not typical of him. He has to be incredibly frustrated- I'd probably be lashing out, too, if I was at a job for 12 years and suddenly got fired so some hotshot college kid could take my place.

He said it. They played the clip. If he had said "particularly for a young guy whos never played" I would not say a word about it. Why did he have to say "particulaly for JP"

Novacane
02-16-2005, 04:53 PM
Thank you! Joshfro!

generalmills
02-16-2005, 04:53 PM
totally agree... I mean this isn't the first time his job has been lost to a young "flavour of the month". Whats next for the guy... is Drew Hanson going to be starting over him in Dallas by week 6?? The guy must be feeling like he is having a nightmare that he just can't get out of.

THATHURMANATOR
02-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Awesome.

THATHURMANATOR
02-16-2005, 04:55 PM
WTF I hear a damn echo in this thread.

THATHURMANATOR
02-16-2005, 04:55 PM
www.jrofosho.com/buffalorange.html
-

Novacane
02-16-2005, 04:56 PM
:funny:

THATHURMANATOR
www.jrofosho.com/buffalorange.html
--

THATHURMANATOR
the echo is because he quoted me... so it played twice
I gathered that.

audio/s
02-16-2005, 04:58 PM
wow this is becoming spam, but i guess i have no say in this matter

OpIv37
02-16-2005, 05:00 PM
that echo thing is creepy- I thought I was in that movie White Noise for a second.

Mr. Cynical
02-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Changes my view of Drew in alot of ways....at this point, good riddance.

So much for those who said he wouldn't have been a distraction. :up:

Novacane
02-16-2005, 05:02 PM
Bledsoe was very gracious most of the time and usually showed a lot of decorum in public, but he has a very large ego, and I think his ego doesn't let him see his own shorcomings. I think he's going to be greatly disappointed at the market out there for his services. He might sign with Dallas, but I can't see anyone else falling over themselves to bid for his services. TD admitted as much when he said the Bills tried to trade him and couldn't find anyone with whom to talk trade.

Very good post. He's has a lot bigger ego than some think.

ScottLawrence
02-16-2005, 05:03 PM
Does this comment reflect what the rest of the team thinks about him?

Or..... Was it just Drew being selfish?

Novacane
02-16-2005, 05:04 PM
that echo thing is creepy- I thought I was in that movie White Noise for a second.

:rofl: I edited my quote but wise ass thurm had to quote him 3 times :snicker:

Novacane
02-16-2005, 05:06 PM
Does this comment reflect what the rest of the team thinks about him?

Or..... Was it just Drew being selfish?

Just sour grapes imo

THATHURMANATOR
02-16-2005, 05:13 PM
wow this is becoming spam, but i guess i have no say in this matter

No you don't!

THATHURMANATOR
02-16-2005, 05:14 PM
:rofl: I edited my quote but wise ass thurm had to quote him 3 times :snicker:
:shocked:

THATHURMANATOR
02-16-2005, 05:16 PM
-
He sounds like he is in space or something..

Big M
02-16-2005, 05:26 PM
He sounds like he is in space or something..

He has been for the last 2 years.

Dozerdog
02-16-2005, 05:26 PM
We don't mind the audio- or even the ad for the Range on the player. But I kept getting range pop ups on my computer so I edited Jofosho's post.

Hey Jofosho- does this mean the Range has lifted their ban of other Bills sites (like the zone) being able to promote their sites? Or is it still a one way deal- it's OK for the Range to come here but forbidden for us to do the same there?

We allow BillsAddiction,BillsFanCentral, TwoBillsDrive, and all other comers to feel free to promote here- they allow us to do the same. Has Rick changed the policy there?

chernobylwraiths
02-16-2005, 05:35 PM
Guy starts since day one in his career and he is just saying that he doesn't think that he should just accept being a backup to someone who hasn't started one game and has barely played. People are just reading into things.

Dozerdog
02-16-2005, 05:38 PM
Guy starts since day one in his career and he is just saying that he doesn't think that he should just accept being a backup to someone who hasn't started one game and has barely played. People are just reading into things.
Duh....without over-reactions like these what fun would message boards and talk radio be?

chernobylwraiths
02-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Duh....without over-reactions like these what fun would message boards and talk radio be?

It would be nice to discuss topics once in a while instead of namecalling. But that is just me.

Mr. Cynical
02-16-2005, 05:41 PM
Remember - Drew would never be a distraction. So this clip was obviously altered.

chernobylwraiths
02-16-2005, 05:42 PM
Remember - Drew would never be a distraction. So this clip was obviously altered.

Obviously he won't be. And if he agreed then he wouldn't be. Either way, he won't be a distraction.

Novacane
02-16-2005, 05:58 PM

Maybe.....Maybe not. We'll never know. Point is if he is a classy as so many like to say why not just say I can't see myself being a backup. Period!

Dr. Lecter
02-16-2005, 06:09 PM
It would be nice to discuss topics once in a while instead of namecalling. But that is just me.
OK. Obviously you never passed Message Board 101. Don't you see it? This quote (with no context around it) clearly shows that Drew is a low-class, evil, vile character.

Geez. I thought you were smarter than that.

Dozerdog
02-16-2005, 06:20 PM
anyone is free to post.
Can I post "Come to BillsZone?"

chernobylwraiths
02-16-2005, 06:37 PM
OK. Obviously you never passed Message Board 101. Don't you see it? This quote (with no context around it) clearly shows that Drew is a low-class, evil, vile character.

Geez. I thought you were smarter than that.

Sorry. :( :sadwalk:

Cokehead Dubya
02-16-2005, 08:54 PM
Can I post "Come to BillsZone?"

:rofl:

Drew's not evil. I'm sure some part of him really wanted to throw the mike across the room and start ranting, because he still believes he's a big-time player and this isn't the first time he's been dumped by a team with a young QB in the wings.

I don't care, let him *****. He's not gonna be a Bill anymore so best of luck elsewhere, Drew, and I never wanna talk about you again.

MidnightVoice
02-16-2005, 09:02 PM
anyone is free to post.:rofl:

Michael82
02-17-2005, 11:06 AM
anyone is free to post.
:roflmao:

YardRat
02-17-2005, 06:07 PM
everyone but reeves.

:)
And YardRat :D

THATHURMANATOR
02-17-2005, 06:17 PM
And Me :(

Mahdi
02-17-2005, 07:10 PM
The only thing that worries me about drew's comment is that I hope its not a reflection of JP's character.

That Guy
02-17-2005, 08:03 PM
The only thing that worries me about drew's comment is that I hope its not a reflection of JP's character.
I'd say it's probably a reflection of Drew's.

Throne Logic
02-17-2005, 09:22 PM
From the way it sounded to me, Drew was just saying he didn't want to be a backup anywhere or he'd retire. I got the impression that he meant to say, "I don't see myself as a backup anywhere; in this particular situation, for JP".

I can see where this was taken negatively. But I just didn't get that impression from listening to the EchoTron.

LtBillsFan66
02-17-2005, 09:40 PM
From the way it sounded to me, Drew was just saying he didn't want to be a backup anywhere or he'd retire. I got the impression that he meant to say, "I don't see myself as a backup anywhere; in this particular situation, for JP".

I can see where this was taken negatively. But I just didn't get that impression from listening to the EchoTron.
Sounded like that to me too.

Jeff1220
02-17-2005, 09:40 PM
Man, you guys sure are quick to jump on any little comment this guy says. It didn't sound at all like an attack to me. It seems like he was saying the exact same thing that we were saying for some time leading up to his release - that he (along with most starting QBs) would be more likely to setle for a back up role on a team that he hasn't already started for. He said "I don't see myself as a backup..." when he said "particularly for JP," he was insinuating "particularly not for the Bills." Am I the only one that sees this. It sure didn't sound like a dig to me.

LtBillsFan66
02-17-2005, 09:43 PM
Man, you guys sure are quick to jump on any little comment this guy says. It didn't sound at all like an attack to me. It seems like he was saying the exact same thing that we were saying for some time leading up to his release - that he (along with most starting QBs) would be more likely to setle for a back up role on a team that he hasn't already started for. He said "I don't see myself as a backup..." when he said "particularly for JP," he was insinuating "particularly not for the Bills." Am I the only one that sees this. It sure didn't sound like a dig to me.
No you're not alone.

Show me a guy who wants to be a backup and I'll show you a guy bagging groceries and not in the NFL to begin with.

lordofgun
02-17-2005, 09:59 PM
He has been for the last 2 years.

lordofgun
02-17-2005, 10:01 PM

tdotbillsfan
02-17-2005, 10:07 PM
Honestly whats wrong with you people??
He is a very classy guy, and he obviously see's something in J.P Losman.
Drew knows that J.P is not ready, this happen to what i call the Ralph factor.
The same reason Rob Johnson started against the Titans over Flutie, so much is put into these QB's, Wilson feels like hes losing money by having them sit.
In my opinion, J.P will be a good QB, in 2 years. He really needs one more year to get set, especially after the way Drew and the team played in the last part of the year.

lordofgun
02-17-2005, 10:13 PM
Honestly whats wrong with you people??
He is a very classy guy, and he obviously see's something in J.P Losman.
Drew knows that J.P is not ready, this happen to what i call the Ralph factor.
The same reason Rob Johnson started against the Titans over Flutie, so much is put into these QB's, Wilson feels like hes losing money by having them sit.
In my opinion, J.P will be a good QB, in 2 years. He really needs one more year to get set, especially after the way Drew and the team played in the last part of the year.
How come you guys from Toronto can never get over Flutie? I gotta hand it to you...loyal to a fault.

tdotbillsfan
02-17-2005, 10:30 PM
You can not be serious lol
Who knows what could have happened with Flutie starting that game. Ill tell you one thing, that safty would have not happened! Anyways loyalty is not my point, the ralph wilson factor is.