PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts on what will happen now

ICE74129
02-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Thanks to Clump we know we will have close to 10 mill (not 15-16) to play with. I don't see Pat Williams coming back without help cap wise from Adams and Spikes. We have Edwards that has played VERY Well when in there and much younger. We drafted Anderson that Krumire is HUGE on. I just dont' see pat coming back.

Jennings. With Pace and Jones off the market he may be the #1 LT prospect out there. That immediately puts him out of reach.

Mike Williams might be the answer. He needs to stay with the new strength coach, drop 30lbs and work with JMac this offseason and play LT. Look, you NEVER pay that much money to a RT. At some point they had to know this day would come. If not, then he needs to take an immediate 2 mill per cut in base pay. He simply isn't worth it and not at RT.

From listening to TD today OL will be the priority this offseason. TE and WR will be also. I wonder how soon we sign our first FA? Villerial was signed day one or two I believe?

I think we see TH traded to Arizona as part of a deal for the OL that AZ is wanting to get rid of. Sheldon??? I can see him as our LG. IF that is the case AND if MW can drop 30-40 I have no problem with the following...

Williams, Sheldon, Teague, Villarial and Marus Price manning RT. Don't think MW has it in him discipline wise to do this, but we can always hope.

contrary to popular belief, we do NOT have a STARTING CALIBER TE on this roster. NONE! 2 of our Backup quality TE's are recovering from knees as is. I say TE MUST be a Definate priority. Becht from NYJ, or Franks (if not franchised) from Green bay are my choices esp Franks.

#3 WR. Ours sucks. Reed to me is a #4 at best IF on this roster at all. We need a damn solid #3 that can step into the #2 spot incase of injury.

Overall I am loving the change to Losman. that helps the OL overall as is. I am glad Tefflon Tom came out and said OL when saying the offense just wasnt' good enough. Well tom...Do something about it!

Thoughts????