Despite Drew's drawbacks, there's one thing we're going to miss....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Despite Drew's drawbacks, there's one thing we're going to miss....

His toughness. The guy started EVERY game for 3 seasons, despite being sacked like crazy due to a crappy o-line and his inability to move. This is why the debate about the back-up is so important. Face it, at some point JP will have some (hopefully) minor injury and lose playing time- it's just a part of the game. We can't expect any QB to have Bledsoe's durability.

And one more slightly off-topic comment. After 7 years of crappy QB's, my respect for Jim Kelly has grown immensely. Maybe he didn't get us an SB, but the guy won and he won often. I didn't realize how good we had it. No. 12.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

That's actually a good point. I forgot about that, given his negatives outweighed his positives by a factor of 1,000. But you're right - he was pretty durable. I guess stone is hard to break.

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

He sure did take a lickin'!

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

something that is getting overlooked is that JP, other than his unfortunate accident last year, was very durable in college.. he played behind one of the worst lines in college football, and took a lot of lumps.. but played through..

People have this impression of the kid because he broke his leg, that he is injury prone.. which is just not true.. he will prove to be durable too.. you will see.

but drew, if nothing else, could take a hit for sure.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

He was physically tough but not even close to being mentally tough.

Comment

• madness23
            • Apr 2003

I honestly wish he still had some left in the tank. When he was on, he was really on, and when he was off...well you know the rest. It's kind of sad though. My last memory of his "greatness" was not a great throw or scramble, but a crushing block. Somehow I don't think I'll see J.P. lay sombody out like that, so he better have a lot of great throws and scrambles!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
              given his negatives outweighed his positives by a factor of 1,000.
              Get off of it Cynical.

Originally posted by jamze132
              He sure did take a lickin'!
              On and off the field, he stood through it.

Originally posted by BillsFever21
              He was physically tough but not even close to being mentally tough.
              WTF are you talking about? He had to deal with the Buffalo media bearing down on him for 2 and a half years, and he didn't let the very, very sharp critisim get to him. He took it like a man, and worked on his game. It didn't work out like he wanted, but if that's not being mentally tough, I don't know what is.
              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

You can always root for his next team.

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                Get off of it Cynical.

On and off the field, he stood through it.

WTF are you talking about? He had to deal with the Buffalo media bearing down on him for 2 and a half years, and he didn't let the very, very sharp critisim get to him. He took it like a man, and worked on his game. It didn't work out like he wanted, but if that's not being mentally tough, I don't know what is.

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                  You can always root for his next team.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    That could go for almost all of these "Let's keep kicking Drew now that he's really down" posts. Some people can't seem to get enough kicks in.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• helmetguy
                      Touch the helmet for luck
                      • Sep 2002

I never knew OCD was contageous. In the 'Zone, it looks like an epidemic.
                      Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                      And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                        Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The_Philster
                        No joke dude.
                        "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                        -Vince Lombardi

Comment

Working...
                        X