PDA

View Full Version : Despite Drew's drawbacks, there's one thing we're going to miss....

OpIv37
02-16-2005, 05:57 PM
His toughness. The guy started EVERY game for 3 seasons, despite being sacked like crazy due to a crappy o-line and his inability to move. This is why the debate about the back-up is so important. Face it, at some point JP will have some (hopefully) minor injury and lose playing time- it's just a part of the game. We can't expect any QB to have Bledsoe's durability.

And one more slightly off-topic comment. After 7 years of crappy QB's, my respect for Jim Kelly has grown immensely. Maybe he didn't get us an SB, but the guy won and he won often. I didn't realize how good we had it. :bow: No. 12.

Mr. Cynical
02-16-2005, 06:05 PM
That's actually a good point. I forgot about that, given his negatives outweighed his positives by a factor of 1,000. But you're right - he was pretty durable. I guess stone is hard to break. :;

jamze132
02-16-2005, 07:19 PM
He sure did take a lickin'!

Tatonka
02-16-2005, 07:22 PM
something that is getting overlooked is that JP, other than his unfortunate accident last year, was very durable in college.. he played behind one of the worst lines in college football, and took a lot of lumps.. but played through..

People have this impression of the kid because he broke his leg, that he is injury prone.. which is just not true.. he will prove to be durable too.. you will see.

but drew, if nothing else, could take a hit for sure.

BillsFever21
02-16-2005, 08:40 PM
He was physically tough but not even close to being mentally tough.

madness
02-16-2005, 08:46 PM
I honestly wish he still had some left in the tank. When he was on, he was really on, and when he was off...well you know the rest. It's kind of sad though. My last memory of his "greatness" was not a great throw or scramble, but a crushing block. Somehow I don't think I'll see J.P. lay sombody out like that, so he better have a lot of great throws and scrambles!

ShadowHawk7
02-16-2005, 09:01 PM
given his negatives outweighed his positives by a factor of 1,000.

Get off of it Cynical.
:cynic:

He sure did take a lickin'!

On and off the field, he stood through it.

He was physically tough but not even close to being mentally tough.

WTF are you talking about? He had to deal with the Buffalo media bearing down on him for 2 and a half years, and he didn't let the very, very sharp critisim get to him. He took it like a man, and worked on his game. It didn't work out like he wanted, but if that's not being mentally tough, I don't know what is.

BillsFever21
02-16-2005, 09:05 PM
You can always root for his next team.

Get off of it Cynical.
:cynic:

On and off the field, he stood through it.

WTF are you talking about? He had to deal with the Buffalo media bearing down on him for 2 and a half years, and he didn't let the very, very sharp critisim get to him. He took it like a man, and worked on his game. It didn't work out like he wanted, but if that's not being mentally tough, I don't know what is.

The_Philster
02-17-2005, 02:51 AM
You can always root for his next team.

:rolleyes: http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s26/smilies-45923.png

Jan Reimers
02-17-2005, 08:53 AM
That could go for almost all of these "Let's keep kicking Drew now that he's really down" posts. Some people can't seem to get enough kicks in.

helmetguy
02-17-2005, 11:56 AM
I never knew OCD was contageous. In the 'Zone, it looks like an epidemic.

ShadowHawk7
02-17-2005, 12:11 PM
No joke dude. :cynic: