X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big M
    • Jan 2004

Anyone Catch Those Comments by TD Today

When asked about the Bills late season winning streak, in reference to changing QB's, TD stated the credit goes to the ST's and Defense for making all those big plays. He said the Offense worked with a short field a high number of times in those games and the scoring totals during those games "was deceiving". Stated the Offense still needed the biggest improvement during this off-season.

Thank you TD. Every time I heard the statement " Bledsoe led the Bills to a 9-7 record " , I couldn't help but chuckle. He had very little to do with that winning streak, or with most wins for that matter. The Bills caught 6 bad teams in a row, playing their worst football of the year, during that " streak ". The Defense and Special Teams were just incredible in those games, racking up many turnovers and TD's. A scheduling break like that comes along once every 30 years. A return of #11 at QB would equal 7-8 wins per season, at best, for the rest of his career in Buffalo. TD, Mularkey and every other sane person in the Buffalo organization could see that. Completely unacceptable.

Losman is unproven but gets to work directly with Sam Wyche and Tom Clements for the next several months. What a great setup. Knowing Wyche developed Joe Montana as QB coach of the 49ers under Walsh and also replaced aging Ken Anderson with pupil Boomer Esiason in Cinci, I'm very pleased with this situation. The track record of success is proven. It's all up to Losman to work hard and be the guy we all hope he can be. The Bills will sign a Vet QB in March as insurance. One that can actually move, I'm betting.

Returning a proven big game failure at QB, with a high salary, didn't make sense, heading into 2005. This was the right decision by the braintrust at OBD. No more fools gold getting credit for wins he had little to do with. Time to move on and I wish Drew Bledsoe all the best.

Let the J.P. Losman era begin. Go Bills !
  • The Natrix
    • Jul 2002

Agreed. But we should stop rubbing salt in Bledsoe's wound. He's obviously hurt and distraught over this whole thing. Let him be. Let's move forward.

Byrd.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
      Maybe?
      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Big M
      When asked about the Bills late season winning streak, in reference to changing QB's, TD stated the credit goes to the ST's and Defense for making all those big plays. He said the Offense worked with a short field a high number of times in those games and the scoring totals during those games "was deceiving". Stated the Offense still needed the biggest improvement during this off-season.
      Probably the first time I've ever agreed with TD. Too bad he gave up a #1 and over $21M to him over 3 years to realize the mistake.

Oh well. Onward and upward.

Comment

• That Guy
        • Apr 2004

I'm actually surprised TD said something like the 'offensive production was deceiving'. Usually you can't count on a coach or GM to tell it like it is, but TD certainly didn't shy away from that one. I'm happy that we have a guy up top that can realize his team's weaknesses and not deny them.

Comment

Working...
        X