PDA

View Full Version : Let's be realistic

Kerr
02-16-2005, 07:09 PM
Will we get Garcia? I thought we could and would, but after the situation in Detriot and Tampa came up, I have a hard time he'll choose b-lo over those two. Steve Mooch can get the best out of Garcia and they both know that. Joey Harrington is this close to losing his job.

Kelly Holcomb? Another good choice, but he has nobody good enough to beat him in Cleveland. He can start freely without any close competition. Therefore, it's a no brainer he picks Cleveland over anywhere else.

Mcmahon? Not a bad choice, but from what I understand, Td and co. wanted an experienced starter to backup J.P. Mcmahon only started a few games in his career and only has one win under his belt. Besides, he has a great situation in green bay where he can replace farve in a year. Almost the same offense too.

Who has a good shot of being the backup?

Shane Matthews, even with his personal life affecting his decision?
Jim Miller? Another pitt connection?
Jeff Blake? Mobile strong arm qb?

It comes down to Jay Fiedler. He looked awful last season and many of us enjoyed it. He also happens to have a winning record against us. Would you want to face him a few more times? I don't. I certainly think that Mr. MadTV has shown he's not a bad starter, especially in cold weather. He has good pocket awareness and is a pretty good scrambler. When the run game is clicking he does great in play action.

Who would be better?

Dozerdog
02-16-2005, 07:26 PM
I think Vinny Testeverde fits the Bill perfectly.

Experience, no expectations to start, he can teach, plenty of winning experience within this division, playoff experience

Dozerdog
02-16-2005, 07:28 PM
And if you get the older QB Mentor, the third string guy could be a younger more athletic type. Blake, maybe even Akili Smith if he fares well in NFLE.

jamze132
02-16-2005, 08:13 PM
Maybe we can sign Drew to the league minimum...

J K