PDA

View Full Version : Tedy Bruschi's in the hospital

mybills
02-16-2005, 09:26 PM
He was taken by ambulance from his MA home earlier today. He was complaining of severe head aches.
hmm, migraine? Tumor? Anurism(sp)? Ugliness?

OpIv37
02-16-2005, 09:38 PM
Well I hate the Pats, but I don't want to wish ill will on anyone because of football (except Rob Johnson). I hope he makes a full recovery.

Slim
02-16-2005, 09:50 PM
i h8 the pats wiht a passion also but, my thoughts and prayers are with him

Dozerdog
02-16-2005, 09:52 PM
I hope, for his famiuly's sake- that he's ok

The_Philster
02-17-2005, 03:01 AM
He was taken by ambulance from his MA home earlier today. He was complaining of severe head aches.
hmm, migraine? Tumor? Anurism(sp)? Ugliness?

so what did you hit him with? :scratch:

Ickybaluky
02-17-2005, 03:42 AM
Reports are Bruschi suffered "stroke-like" symptoms. He had headaches and had vision problem in one of his eye's. One of the local TV stations is reporting he had partial paralysis. He was taken by ambulance to Mass General.

Reports are he is now doing better and his vision is returning in his eye. Hopefully, he will be fine. Football aside, Tedy has 3 young kids.

mybills
02-17-2005, 05:44 AM
From those symptoms, I'd say he had a "classic" migraine, not the kind they call "cluster migraines". I get classic migraines too, severe head pain, blindness, jumbled thoughts, numbness..they thought I had a stroke when I was first diagnosed, too. My whole left side was paralised, and I couldn't remember my address. He'll be fine, and they'll prolly send him home with one of the meds they gave me. Right now, the only med that helps mine is Imitrex.

superbills
02-17-2005, 06:56 AM
Here's hoping that it's nothing more than a migraine (just be cause they are generally not life threatening, not because they are a picnic under any circumstances). My thoughts and prayers are with Tedy and his family.

:pray:

ICE74129
02-17-2005, 07:05 AM
First off I HATE THE FUGGIN PATS. That said I HATED Bruschi. That was until I saw how he was with his kids on the field before the superbowl. That was awsome. I sincerely hope two things...1) he gets fully recovered. 2) IF this is slight stroke like symptoms he needs to retire. He has money, a pension and 3 rings. I dont' want to see a warrior like him suffer long term effects esp when he can prevent it.

Jayhawk
02-17-2005, 07:14 AM
once again mybills what did you do to him?

NJFINSFAN1
02-17-2005, 07:23 AM
Maybe it was to much glare from all those diamonds on his fingers!

jmb1099
02-17-2005, 07:32 AM
Yeah I wasn't much of a Bruschi fan either until I saw the human side of him interacting with his children. Its easy sometimes to forget that these guys are in many ways just like each of us. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family. I hope he makes a full recovery...but then decides that there are things in life more important than football and retires leaving New England with a giant gaping hole to fill in their defense.

Jan Reimers
02-17-2005, 07:42 AM
From those symptoms, I'd say he had a "classic" migraine, not the kind they call "cluster migraines". I get classic migraines too, severe head pain, blindness, jumbled thoughts, numbness..they thought I had a stroke when I was first diagnosed, too. My whole left side was paralised, and I couldn't remember my address. He'll be fine, and they'll prolly send him home with one of the meds they gave me. Right now, the only med that helps mine is Imitrex.
My thoughts and prayers are also with Tedy and his family. Something like this always puts things in perspective, making football seem fairly insignificant. Let's hope it's "only" a severe migraine.

BTW, mybills, the symptoms you describe are pretty much the way I feel after every Bills' loss.

mybills
02-17-2005, 09:35 AM
I don't think stroke victims get the headache part. I'm almost positive it was a classic migraine. To answer Phil & BJH...I didn't hit him, I'm leaving that up to one of the Bills! :up:

don137
02-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Football is a game. While I hate the Patriots I have the upmost respect for them and most of their players. I would never wish harm on anyone. Glad to hear he is walking around and it may not be too serious. Let's hope he is on the field when the Bills beat the Pats next year

thebuffalobills4
02-17-2005, 04:13 PM
that sucks for t.bruchi :nervous:

Ickybaluky
02-17-2005, 04:26 PM
It is being reported (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2005/02/17/bruschi_broke_blood_vessel_in_head/) that Tedy suffered a broken blook vessel in his head, and the bleeding caused pressure which led to the blurred vision and numbness.

He is doing much better today. He is sitting up in bed and has his vision back and the numbness is gone. He is talking and in good condition.

Though the injury is a serious one, it looks like Tedy got treatment early and should be OK. No word on any possible effect on his playing career.

Ickybaluky
02-17-2005, 08:32 PM
Word is Bruschi will be headed home from the hospital as soon as tomorrow afternoon.