X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Voltron
    • Jul 2002

The Price for Peerless will be too high for sure

Just a comment to all those who thought we could afford him with some cap moves. He is so gone.

A 1000-yard season demands some big money. The only way I can see us keeping him is if EM can talk him into it and I think his agent will tell him to stay away from Moulds. Any other thoughts?

Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
    - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
    -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
    - Mark Twain

• THATHURMANATOR
    • Jul 2002

Only time will tell. I hope they will be able to work something out though.

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

I am beginning to believe that Price is something special. I hope we give him a good offer.

Byrd.

Comment

• AG75
        My buns are weiner friendly
        • Oct 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix
        I am beginning to believe that Price is something special. I hope we give him a good offer.
        Me too I do not want the Bills to lose this guy. Not with the offense we have, Drew needs his weapons and Price is definitely one of them.
        Aimee

Comment

• CalBillsFan
          • Jul 2002

I hope we re-sign price but if he asks for too much money I would rather we fix our defense then pay for his price tag (no pun intended ). IMO, we would be better off with a worse offense without PP, and a better defense with a sold DT or someone who can rush the passer at DE. Then again if we can re-sign price and still have cap room to improve our D. Then even better.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Cntrygal
            Visually stunning but camera-shy.
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by CalBillsFan
            I hope we re-sign price but if he asks for too much money I would rather we fix our defense then pay for his price tag (no pun intended ). IMO, we would be better off with a worse offense without PP, and a better defense with a sold DT or someone who can rush the passer at DE. Then again if we can re-sign price and still have cap room to improve our D. Then even better.
            I agree!
            Originally posted by notacon
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

He;s not definitely gone. We will have a lot of room left under the cap at the end of the season. We can also tag him if needed.

I'm not saying they will re-sign him, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• The Natrix
                • Jul 2002

Some people seem to think that he is just a deep threat, but IMO he can do it all. He reminds me of a young Jerry Rice.

He and S. Moss are the best in the league when it comes to "running after the catch."

On the bright side, there is no way that there will be a serious drop off in offensive production if he leaves.

Another thought: Sure, everything is rosy between Moulds and Price now, but what about when Moulds is 35 and Price is in his prime at 31 (just an assumption)? I bet that there personal relationship is going to have a big effect on waht Price decides to do. If Price feels that Moulds will turn the #1 spot over to him when the time is right, he may be more likely to sign.

Also I would not be pissed at him if he left. He could easily be the #1 guy at at least 7 or 8 teams, arguably more. Every receiver dreams about that You only live once.

Also, how big is his family. 40 mil instead of 30 mil is important when you have 40 brothers, sisters, and cousins you want to take care of.

If he leaves I am sure he will have nothing but good things to say about Buffalo

Even if he leaves, maybe he will come back after 4 or 5 years when he realizes that it sucks to play in Cinnci or wherever he may go. Not many do but there are some. Shannon Sharpe is one.

Byrd.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

We should make every effort to make Price a fair offer to stay. He isn't much of a number two guy having twenty less receiving yards than Moulds and two more touchdowns. I don't think either of those guys cares who gets more of what they just want to be in the game and have the opportunity to make plays. Can we afford to have two number ones? I hope so.

Comment

• colin
                    Drew's my hero!
                    • Jul 2002

$4 or $5 mil per season might be what we pay him. I did not think we would before, but now I am not sure.

Comment

• The Natrix
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin
                      I did not think we would before, but now I am not sure.
                      what did you think before?

Byrd.

Comment

• Typ0
                        honey pie
                        • Jul 2002

Incidently did you guys see Price & Moulds at the podium together yesterday after the game? That is a good sign.

Comment

• colin
                          Drew's my hero!
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Natrix

what did you think before?
                          I was thinking we would give him a slightly low ball offer and let him walk if he wants big cash. I still think Moulds is a much better player, but Price is that second part of the one two punch.

Comment

• LABillsFan
                            • Aug 2002

Price will be on the team next year guarenteed. His comments after the game of "being the start of something special" says he wants to be in Buffalo. Where else can he go where he has a QB, an RB and another WR like Moulds to get the numbers he does, the only teams that are going to offer him a big payday are teams that are at the same level or worse. You know Drew and EM will be talking to him and while his salary will go up, there will be room to address other positions. All you have to do is look at Moss' and K Johnson's, without a second threat they are taken out of there game.
                            I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• vabillsfan
                              • Jul 2002

He's gone because we won't be able to afford him. Moulds stays, Josh Reed becomes the next go to guy.

Wish it could be different
                              Screw you Phins fans, I'm going home!

Comment

Working...
                              X