Mularkey on NFL Total access last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BidsJr
    • Sep 2002

Mularkey on NFL Total access last night.

Any guesses on what they will be?

My bet is Big Mike to LT, after Jonas leaves as a FA.

"Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

I bet its at TE.... with mobility at the QB position, they dont need pass protection TE's, the can utilize recieving TE's...or maybe its the slot WR.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
      Legendary Zoner
      • Jul 2002

He had to be talking about LT and LG.

He is one of the most boring interviews.

Comment

• BidsJr
        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
        I bet its at TE.... with mobility at the QB position, they dont need pass protection TE's, the can utilize recieving TE's...or maybe its the slot WR.
        Position changes were what he was talking about not nec. position upgrades. I think Big Mike will move, which is a good thing considering his salary. Then it will be easier and cheaper to find a servicable RT.

Maybe Teague to RT, Big Mike to LT, then a new guard and C in the draft and FA.

"Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• BidsJr
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
          He had to be talking about LT and LG.

He is one of the most boring interviews.

Yes he is boring, but that just seems to be his demenor.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

Most of the positions are set but OL, kicker, third receiver and WM's backup if Henry goes defintely stick out as question marks. I guess on defense one has to wonder if Posey is not more than a backup.

Comment

• ICE74129
              Legendary Zoner
              • Feb 2005

We do not have a STARTING TE on this team. We have a team full of BACKUPS and MM knows it! As a former NFL TE he KNOWS it is VITAL to get JP that impact target.

I am not only willing to bet we get a TE in FA but I am willing to bet he gets so much attention that he is in the probowl. We NEED that player.

Agreed though we need TWO Offensive linemen as well.

We need more of an impact from the #3 WR position.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

I don't see how somebody can say that Euhus is not a starting TE. He was improving rapidly last year. Give him a chance before that determination is made.
                Originally posted by mysticsoto
                Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                  • May 2004

Originally posted by Mehser
                  I don't see how somebody can say that Euhus is not a starting TE. He was improving rapidly last year. Give him a chance before that determination is made.
                  I know Euhus made great strides last year, but going in to next year, him coming of a significant injury, I would not want to go to camp with the TE's we have on the roster. If Euhus and Campbell can beat out another solid vet for the jobs, by all means I would be comfortable with that. But I would like to see some serious competition in camp. That is where Euhus and Campbell will get their chance to prove their abilities.
                  "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
                  --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by ICE74129
                    We do not have a STARTING TE on this team. We have a team full of BACKUPS and MM knows it! As a former NFL TE he KNOWS it is VITAL to get JP that impact target.

I am not only willing to bet we get a TE in FA but I am willing to bet he gets so much attention that he is in the probowl. We NEED that player.

Agreed though we need TWO Offensive linemen as well.

We need more of an impact from the #3 WR position.
                    I disagree concerning TE, where I think Campbell is quite good, but gets too little credit because he is underutilized. And Euhus is potentially a great pass catcher. I wouldn't spend a bunch of money in free agency, or use a high draft pick, at that position.

I also think Aiken or Reed will emerge as a quality 3rd receiver.

We have a ton of skill players. Let's spend our FA money and our key draft picks on the O line and D line, where so many games are won - or lost.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by MBBedard

Exactly what i was thinking, i believe with another threat even if its minimal, JP will be that much better.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Patti120
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        We have a ton of skill players. Let's spend our FA money and our key draft picks on the O line and D line, where so many games are won - or lost.
                        Agreed, this is where the battle is really one. I would like to see an upgrade at tight end though and some o-line help.

Comment

• The Black Bear
                          • Dec 2004

There's no way in hell Mike Williams is moving to Left Tackle.

"My afrai my've bean banished!" - (Jar Jar Binks)

Comment

• helmetguy
                            Touch the helmet for luck
                            • Sep 2002

Teague to LT, Tucker to C. LG through draft or, more probable, FA.
                            Someone said "What's he gonna turn out like?" Ha!
                            And someone else said "Never mind!"

-Deep Purple

"Have you ever taken a crap so big your pants fit better?"--Ron White

Comment

• dannyek71
                              Drink Responsibly
                              • Dec 2004

jason peters to kicker
                              [

Comment

Working...
                              X