PDA

View Full Version : Mularkey on NFL Total access last night.

BidsJr
02-17-2005, 06:37 AM
Any guesses on what they will be?

My bet is Big Mike to LT, after Jonas leaves as a FA.

:mex:

The King
02-17-2005, 06:50 AM
I bet its at TE.... with mobility at the QB position, they dont need pass protection TE's, the can utilize recieving TE's...or maybe its the slot WR.

Earthquake Enyart
02-17-2005, 06:52 AM
He had to be talking about LT and LG.

He is one of the most boring interviews. :z:

BidsJr
02-17-2005, 06:56 AM
I bet its at TE.... with mobility at the QB position, they dont need pass protection TE's, the can utilize recieving TE's...or maybe its the slot WR.

Position changes were what he was talking about not nec. position upgrades. I think Big Mike will move, which is a good thing considering his salary. Then it will be easier and cheaper to find a servicable RT.

Maybe Teague to RT, Big Mike to LT, then a new guard and C in the draft and FA.

BidsJr
02-17-2005, 06:56 AM
He had to be talking about LT and LG.

He is one of the most boring interviews. :z:

Yes he is boring, but that just seems to be his demenor.

don137
02-17-2005, 06:57 AM
Most of the positions are set but OL, kicker, third receiver and WM's backup if Henry goes defintely stick out as question marks. I guess on defense one has to wonder if Posey is not more than a backup.

ICE74129
02-17-2005, 07:02 AM
We do not have a STARTING TE on this team. We have a team full of BACKUPS and MM knows it! As a former NFL TE he KNOWS it is VITAL to get JP that impact target.

I am not only willing to bet we get a TE in FA but I am willing to bet he gets so much attention that he is in the probowl. We NEED that player.

Agreed though we need TWO Offensive linemen as well.

We need more of an impact from the #3 WR position.

Dr. Lecter
02-17-2005, 07:31 AM
I don't see how somebody can say that Euhus is not a starting TE. He was improving rapidly last year. Give him a chance before that determination is made.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-17-2005, 07:45 AM
I don't see how somebody can say that Euhus is not a starting TE. He was improving rapidly last year. Give him a chance before that determination is made.

I know Euhus made great strides last year, but going in to next year, him coming of a significant injury, I would not want to go to camp with the TE's we have on the roster. If Euhus and Campbell can beat out another solid vet for the jobs, by all means I would be comfortable with that. But I would like to see some serious competition in camp. That is where Euhus and Campbell will get their chance to prove their abilities.

Jan Reimers
02-17-2005, 07:55 AM
We do not have a STARTING TE on this team. We have a team full of BACKUPS and MM knows it! As a former NFL TE he KNOWS it is VITAL to get JP that impact target.

I am not only willing to bet we get a TE in FA but I am willing to bet he gets so much attention that he is in the probowl. We NEED that player.

I disagree concerning TE, where I think Campbell is quite good, but gets too little credit because he is underutilized. And Euhus is potentially a great pass catcher. I wouldn't spend a bunch of money in free agency, or use a high draft pick, at that position.

I also think Aiken or Reed will emerge as a quality 3rd receiver.

We have a ton of skill players. Let's spend our FA money and our key draft picks on the O line and D line, where so many games are won - or lost.

Devin
02-17-2005, 08:17 AM

Exactly what i was thinking, i believe with another threat even if its minimal, JP will be that much better.

Patti120
02-17-2005, 08:25 AM
We have a ton of skill players. Let's spend our FA money and our key draft picks on the O line and D line, where so many games are won - or lost.

Agreed, this is where the battle is really one. I would like to see an upgrade at tight end though and some o-line help.

The Black Bear
02-17-2005, 08:27 AM
There's no way in hell Mike Williams is moving to Left Tackle.

:dance:

helmetguy
02-17-2005, 09:18 AM
Teague to LT, Tucker to C. LG through draft or, more probable, FA.

dannyek71
02-17-2005, 09:22 AM
jason peters to kicker

ICE74129
02-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Sorry we don't have a starter on this team. Campbell is average at best so is Euhus. Enough of this low round talent at TE. We need a clear cut starter that is hands down BETTER than ALL the rest. It is VITAL to a young QB let alone an offense period.

As for #3 WR. I am done with both Sam A and Reed. Sam could never fully beat out anyone on the roster to be #3 and Reed flat out sucks. he never lived up to his hype. We need a #3 that can step in and be a #2 if need be AND be someone accountable on 3 WR sets. Neither Sam nor Josh are those guys.

Tom donahoe FINALLY told the truth and said we aren't good enough. Good enough = not enough TALENT! The days of underpaying and fielding AVERAGE talent has got to end.

Dr. Lecter
02-17-2005, 09:42 AM
Teague to LT, Tucker to C. LG through draft or, more probable, FA.
We do not want Teague at LT. He stunk in Denver and can barely play center here.

ddaryl
02-17-2005, 10:03 AM
Any guesses on what they will be?

My bet is Big Mike to LT, after Jonas leaves as a FA.

Guarentee it. Mike Williams is now counting 9 million against our salary cap. That leaves no money to sign a LT in FA and keep MW at RT.

Getting a RT in FA will be cheaper and more affordable for the Bills.

Big M
02-17-2005, 10:07 AM
We do not want Teague at LT. He stunk in Denver and can barely play center here.

Agree with the LT comment. At Center, Teague actually improved by leaps and bounds last season, under McNally. I don't see where he's a big problem anymore. The Bills have to determine if Tucker is just a good versitile backup ( C,G ) or a starter. If not, then LT and LG are the top priorities.

Signing another TE ,#3 WR and a backup RB would also be wise.

Michael82
02-17-2005, 10:08 AM
:bigwave: Ryan Lindell

:pray:

BAM
02-17-2005, 12:03 PM
I wouldn't mind that, Mike. I'm thinking it's probably Mike Williams.

http://www.bearsociety.org/images/dead%20black%20bear%20on%20road.jpg

ShadowHawk7
02-17-2005, 12:04 PM

Yeah, actually we do have a STARTING TE on this team. Campbell is underutilized, and is a solid blocker and catcher. Euhus made great strides in the passing game before getting injured as well.

Mudflap1
02-17-2005, 12:19 PM
I actually like Tucker more than Villarael, I think HE is overrated...

While I'm not happy TD stated that he's likely not bringing in someone for the #2 QB spot that is better than Matthews, I am very pleased he said the offense is not good enough, which can only lead one to believe he's going to make some waves.

LT -- Need one. Jennings is all right, but we can do better, and we should do better. THE LINE is where games are usually won or lost, period. It's that simple.

LG -- Need one. Let Villarael and Tucker battle for the other guard slot, Vallarael SHOULD beat him out, but we'll see, Tucker is scrappy, and he's versatile so he can play center if Teague struggles or there are injuries. If we just picked up a kickass LT and LG I'd be pretty pumped, but there's more.

TE -- Euhus DOES look somewhat promising, but is not beyond a #2 right now who had a serious injury in his rookie season. Campbell is average -- no more, no less. We need a playmaker who can block.

WR -- Need a good slot receiver, as someone said above, someone who needs to be accounted for.

RB -- and of course a backup RB if/when Henry is dealt, although Shaud Williams didn't look all that bad last year, he's probably not ready for that role yet.

Top priority -- the line. If we can beef up that line and let McNally work his magic, the offense will be vastly upgraded. More time for the QB, more rushing yards, more time of possession, less time on the field for the defense, more time for the receivers to get open, etc. The X-factor of course would be Losman, we just don't know enough of him yet, but a great O-line certainly would help extraordinarily.

Jon

The_Philster
02-17-2005, 05:45 PM
I disagree concerning TE, where I think Campbell is quite good, but gets too little credit because he is underutilized. And Euhus is potentially a great pass catcher. I wouldn't spend a bunch of money in free agency, or use a high draft pick, at that position.
.:clap:

Guarentee it. Mike Williams is now counting 9 million against our salary cap. That leaves no money to sign a LT in FA and keep MW at RT.

Getting a RT in FA will be cheaper and more affordable for the Bills.
His salary has nothing to do with the fact that he's a better run blocker than pass blocker. Why would you put a weaker run blocker protecting your QB's blindside? This whole "he makes too much money to play RT and has to move to LT" is plain idiotic

BidsJr
02-17-2005, 08:40 PM
:clap:

His salary has nothing to do with the fact that he's a better run blocker than pass blocker. Why would you put a weaker run blocker protecting your QB's blindside? This whole "he makes too much money to play RT and has to move to LT" is plain idiotic

This would be a dollars and sense move completely. If we could move MIke to LT that would be where his salary belongs. We could then pick up a reasonable RT and let Jim McN take care of both of them. I don't give a spit what you think, this would be the best financial sit for this team. Whether or not Mike can handle this is another question.

TigerJ
02-17-2005, 09:12 PM
There's no way in hell Mike Williams is moving to Left Tackle.

:dance:

I actually agree with you. At his present weight at least, I think MW is more effective taking on bigger, stronger, slower LDEs. I'd hate to see him try to get contact with Dwight Freeney on every play.

I think third WR is wide open. I think the injury situation at TE will cause the team to obtain some kind of insurance, though I think Euhus long term is going to be an excellent pass catching TE. Posey may not be a lock to hold on to his starters position at OLB. LT will depend on whether JJ is signed, but I'm sure there is room for changes at LG and C. That's not to say we'll see changes at all those spots.

Tatonka
02-17-2005, 09:26 PM
i could have sworn that the bills already stated that williams would stay where he is.. but i dont have link.

The_Philster
02-18-2005, 02:58 AM
i could have sworn that the bills already stated that williams would stay where he is.. but i dont have link.

I heard the same thing...they seem to care more about where he fits as a player than get obsessed with this 'He makes too much to play RT, let's move him to LT' stupidity. He's was the 4th overall pick in the draft for chrissakes. He was going to get approximately the contract he got no matter what position he plays.