PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else listen to Goodenow yesterday?

Michael82
02-17-2005, 10:12 AM
I did. I was laughing my ass off. He sounded pretty cocky for a guy that just lost a big percentage of his players (they will leave the NHLPA if the NHL declares an impasse, IMO) and he might have also lost his job. He basically pointed the finger completely at Bettman and the NHL owners and said that his players NEVER asked for more money. Exactly, but they didn't want to give any back either. :rofl:

I have a feeling that by turning down the $42 million salary cap, everything is now off the table and he will never get a better deal. He just screwed his players and they are going to let him know. I see the owners putting the linkage back on the table and a $35 million cap. I hope it happens. That would really make him look like the idiot that he is.

clumping platelets
02-17-2005, 10:43 AM
Goodenow is a :loser:

Michael82
02-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Goodenow is a :loser:
Yeah he is.

don137
02-17-2005, 11:07 AM
I agree with Mikey and would not be surprised if the owners offer less money next time around. It will hurt players a lot more than the owners. I thought a 42 million cap was too high. It wouldn't effected many teams and teams still would not be able to keep the marquee players because they could not afford them. Teams would still lose money and only the big teams could afford a 42 million dollar cap so it would be the same teams in the playoffs year after year. I would love for Philly, Detroit, Colorado, etc to miss the playoffs because they were on an level playing field with everyone else.

ticatfan
02-17-2005, 11:31 AM
The players are spolied little kids. A NHL player from here, plays on a cali based team, he got married last summer.About 10 of his teammates show up for the wedding. The family of the player was disgusted by the way the players acted. They said the players were just drunken fools, no respect for the people or their property, the place got wreck. They said they had a ''we are NHL players,we can do what we want attitude.'' I want to see replacement players next year and who ever wants to cross the line,then let the draft fill the spots with better players over the next 2 years or so.

don137
02-17-2005, 01:09 PM
The players are spolied little kids. A NHL player from here, plays on a cali based team, he got married last summer.About 10 of his teammates show up for the wedding. The family of the player was disgusted by the way the players acted. They said the players were just drunken fools, no respect for the people or their property, the place got wreck. They said they had a ''we are NHL players,we can do what we want attitude.'' I want to see replacement players next year and who ever wants to cross the line,then let the draft fill the spots with better players over the next 2 years or so.
Sounds like the USA hockey team in the Olympis a few years back with the ''we are NHL players,we can do what we want attitude.''

Earthquake Enyart
02-17-2005, 01:12 PM
I didn't know that Theo Fleury was from Renfrew.