PDA

View Full Version : Great Quote from Drew

ParanoidAndroid
02-17-2005, 08:53 PM
"The fan loyalty and the national following the Bills have is really and truly something to experience. With the exception of maybe Green Bay there isn't a place like Buffalo with the fan loyalty and their devotion to their team. It was really special to be part of that and when and if the Bills ever win a national championship, I will be a fan along with all those people just because of the experience I had there." -Drew Bledsoe

I wish he was playing better football because I really like that guy.

ddaryl
02-17-2005, 09:38 PM
This thread will get 1/2 dozen replies, the one where he states he does not want to be a backup gets 50 replies.

Too funny. I respect Drew, and wish it owuld've worked out, it just didn't. I hope he does well, but not well enough to haunt us.

Gunzlingr
02-17-2005, 09:41 PM
This thread will get 1/2 dozen replies, the one where he states he does not want to be a backup gets 50 replies.

Too funny. I respect Drew, and wish it owuld've worked out, it just didn't. I hope he does well, but not well enough to haunt us.
100% ditto on this one.

LtBillsFan66
02-17-2005, 09:41 PM
I will always like Drew and pull for him. I hope he does well, except if he ever plays us.

mybills
02-18-2005, 05:48 AM

Which statement was made first?

Historian
02-18-2005, 05:55 AM
I think Bills fans are twice as rabid as Packer fans, but that's just me. I give Drew all the credit in the world for winning 4 out of 6 over the fish.

Jan Reimers
02-18-2005, 06:07 AM
I really think Drew enjoyed his time in Buffalo. In a perfect world, he would have led us to the Promised Land. But only Patriot's fans live in a perfect world.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-18-2005, 07:12 AM
Everyone that plays in Buffalo thinks this way.

jamze132
02-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Drew has always been a classy guy, and once again, it shows. I wish him the best wherever he lands.

generalmills
02-18-2005, 10:32 AM
the packers are a historic franchise... there are cheeseheads all over North America because for a certain generation they were the "it" team...much like the cowboys and the steelers. These teams were successful and established fan bases all throughout the country. The bills on the other hand do not have the storied past simply due to how young the team is. Yes, we did gain a fan base with the 4 superbowl runs but due to the national levels of support these teams recieve... we should not really be judged against the Pack. Road games for Packers fans are not usually people from Wisconsin filling the stadiums.. its people that live in those communities who support the team.. not that there is anything wrong with that BUT...Bills road games are filled with people from the Buffalo area (much the same for Steeler fans).. our fans travel in huge numbers and when you look at the size of our community its really impressive and has a lasting effect on the opposing teams fans. Not to mention the misplaced Buffalo residents in Florida and Arizona (or as I like to call them "Buffalo South"). I do not think that it is just "tounge and cheek" when players bring this up. I'm always amazed to see the dedication and commitment of our fanbase....makes me proud walking into opposing team stadiums!

northernbillfan
02-18-2005, 11:03 AM
Great parting words from a classy guy.

JayWood
02-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Say what you want about Drew, but the guy is a class act and always has been. Wherever he ends up I wish him the best of luck, and thank him for helping get this team out of the black hole we were in a few years back. Just to bad that he didn't play better. Let the JP era begin.

Good Luck Drew :clap:

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-18-2005, 12:01 PM
Go to www.drewbledsoe.com and see the nice long, hearfelt comments Drew had when he left New England. Obviously, he spent more time there than here...but relatively speaking, the comments Drew made (was it glaringly obvious to anyone else that he does not have good feelings about this organization?) to Buffalo fans pale in comparison to those he made to the Pats fans when he was on his way to Buffalo.

I still think Drew is a classy guy, and I like him, but I was disappointed in this farewell.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-18-2005, 12:06 PM
http://www.drewbledsoe.com/NEW_DBF/about/drew_comments.htm#ne_fans

here's the link to the NE letter, in case you can't find it.

mybills
02-18-2005, 12:56 PM
He could always talk the talk, but we needed him to walk the walk. He should have paid US to play here.
:bigwave: :loser: