PDA

View Full Version : Sam Madison article

fabolouspaul
12-02-2002, 04:33 PM
Check it out http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/football/nfl/miami_dolphins/4646524.htm

Here's a quote from Dave Wannstadt

''They have a great group of receivers -- and they made a few good throws -- but we're better than them,'' said Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt.

Buffarama
12-02-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul
Check it out http://www.miami.com/mld/miami/sports/football/nfl/miami_dolphins/4646524.htm

Here's a quote from Dave Wannstadt

''They have a great group of receivers -- and they made a few good throws -- but we're better than them,'' said Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt.

:lol:
:confused: :violin: :nana: :chuckle:

dolfan25
12-02-2002, 05:35 PM
Madison has sucked this year. Our secondary definitely needs some changes. Brrock is starting to show his age and probably won't be with the team next year. Sam needs to get his ass back in gear. Pat has certainly outplayed him this year. I would agree that the Fins are a better team than the Bills but the Bills have certainly saved their best games for the Phins(not a surprise). I would say that lady luckdefinitely favoured you this year in the 2 matchups what with Lucas playin perhaps the worst game in the history of the league in the 1st and that blizzard yesterday. Can anyone tell me why the league always schedules Miami to play in Buffalo late in the year. I don't think we've played in BLO before week 8 since '96. And this is the 3rd year in a row our last scheduled game is in NE. It's probably because the Phins are pretty much your only guaranteed sellout at this time of year

venis2k1
12-02-2002, 05:38 PM
:rolleyes: even WCF knows when he is wrong.

THATHURMANATOR
12-02-2002, 06:14 PM
Football is made to be played in less than perfect conditions. If the Dolphins can't handle a little cold and snow then they are are a bunch of pu$$ies. The Bills handled the snow just fine!

ac_lanham
12-02-2002, 09:38 PM
IMHO Wanny frickin wasted his voice when he said that, I don't mean to sound like a kiss @$$ but if we're soooooooo much better then them why the hell do their receivers torch us year after year after year after year...:confused: We may have been better than them before but definitely not this year

Xtreme
12-02-2002, 10:28 PM
Lady luck? What? The weather wasnt even a factor untill 4th quarter. Its funny when the Phinz beat us there better,when we beat them its luck. Its the fact that Buffalo beat you twice this year. Dont blame the weather, we play in Miami when its hot out and beat you so whats the difference. Hot or Cold we still whipped your butts.

lordofgun
12-02-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Xtreme
Lady luck? What? The weather wasnt even a factor untill 4th quarter. Its funny when the Phinz beat us there better,when we beat them its luck. Its the fact that Buffalo beat you twice this year. Dont blame the weather, we play in Miami when its hot out and beat you so whats the difference. Hot or Cold we still whipped your butts.

:up: Welcome to the Zone!

dolfan25
12-02-2002, 11:28 PM
Everyone is always so enamored by season sweeps determining who the better team is.

Well let me ask you this, are the Jets better than you this year? I don't think so but they swept you. Were we better in '96 when we went 8-8 and you went 10-6 or 11-5, yet the Fins swept the Bills. I think it's a lot more likely that the Fins make the playoffs. When it comes to division rivals you can throw out the records. No way were the Jets better than the Fins for 4 years but it didn't stop them from kicking their ass.

Look up 84 Raiders vs. Seattle and tell me they were better than the Raiders.

You were certainly the better team on the 2 days the teams played but I have a feeling that our record and a playoff berth will show the Fins as the better team.

mchurchfie
12-02-2002, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by dolfan25
Madison has sucked this year. Our secondary definitely needs some changes. Brrock is starting to show his age and probably won't be with the team next year. Sam needs to get his ass back in gear. Pat has certainly outplayed him this year. I would agree that the Fins are a better team than the Bills but the Bills have certainly saved their best games for the Phins(not a surprise). I would say that lady luckdefinitely favoured you this year in the 2 matchups what with Lucas playin perhaps the worst game in the history of the league in the 1st and that blizzard yesterday. Can anyone tell me why the league always schedules Miami to play in Buffalo late in the year. I don't think we've played in BLO before week 8 since '96. And this is the 3rd year in a row our last scheduled game is in NE. It's probably because the Phins are pretty much your only guaranteed sellout at this time of year

http://server3002.freeyellow.com/mchurchfie/crybaby4.gif

I thought that I didn't need this anymore:rolleyes:

dolfan25
12-02-2002, 11:46 PM
At least you're consistent 3w. Always expect some brilliant response. I think you should use that for Bills fans who keep insisting the Chiefs game was a fix.

mchurchfie
12-02-2002, 11:48 PM
At least you're consistent 3w. Always expect some brilliant response. I think you should use that for Bills fans who keep insisting the Chiefs game was a fix.

http://server3002.freeyellow.com/mchurchfie/crybaby4.gif

:biggrin:

dolfan25
12-02-2002, 11:53 PM
Isn't there a broken railway somewhere for you to fix, LOL

mchurchfie
12-02-2002, 11:57 PM

LOL..Nah 25..I don't do that anymore...I'm a pimp and a part time gigilo now:biggrin:

dolfan25
12-03-2002, 01:05 AM
Well I bet you make money pimpin but I think you'd be resorting to food stamps and "guberment" cheese if gigilo is your only source of income, LOL

clumping platelets
12-03-2002, 01:14 AM
:pimp:

dolfan25
12-03-2002, 01:44 AM
Hey clumped have you ever seen a smiley face you didn't like?

clumping platelets
12-03-2002, 01:50 AM
Nope

:hump: :spank:

clumping platelets
:hungry:

clumping platelets
:mods:

clumping platelets
Bills :spanku: Fins

Sabre Ally
12-03-2002, 02:28 AM
:squish:

shelby
12-03-2002, 04:45 AM

Originally posted by mchurchfie

LOL..Nah 25..I don't do that anymore...I'm a pimp and a part time gigilo now:biggrin:

:ontome:

:snicker:

TigerJ
12-03-2002, 07:14 AM
I've said elsewhere wins and losses are often as much about matchups as to who the better team is. I think the job that a coaching staff does in a game can be a huge factor too. Miami is not better than Buffalo. Buffalo is not better than the Jets. The Jets are not better than Miami. We just happen to match up well with Miami. The weather was a factor Sunday but not to the tune of 17 points. It can certainly be argued that Buffalo should have beaten the Jets in game one, but in the second game they outplayed us pure and simple. They won the matchups. As far as the late game vs. Miami in Buffalo, I think it's as much a matter of fair play as anything else. If the NFL schedulers want to put Buffalo down in Cryami early enough in the season so that Miami is still a sauna, then Buffalo's home game vs. Miami ought to provide a test to Miami in terms of the cold weather. Don't try to claim the warm weather in Miami is not a factor. Before the game in Miami, Miami fans claimed everywhere they could that Buffalo players were going to wilt in the heat and give Miami an easy win.

BTW I hope GW saves a copy of Dave Whiney's comments to put on the bulletin board next year. Buffalo's going to get a lot stronger in the offseason. I want to see them really smack those Miami sissies around next year.

vmark11
12-04-2002, 02:22 AM
First of all, from 1991-1997, the second meeting was in Buffalo only once out of those 7 years. What, have you only been watching football the last 4 years? :)

Secondly, hosting Buffalo early in the year should be just as much of an advantage for Miami as vice-versa because of the heat. A few years ago, Tom Coughlin went on record for whining about the league not scheduling enough of their home games early in the year against cold-weather teams.

Halbert
12-04-2002, 02:38 AM
It's "gubmint", thank you.

And Miami is definitely better than we are at the moment, the sweep notwithstanding. Next season is going to be a much different story, however.

dolfan25
12-04-2002, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by vmark11
First of all, from 1991-1997, the second meeting was in Buffalo only once out of those 7 years. What, have you only been watching football the last 4 years? :)

Secondly, hosting Buffalo early in the year should be just as much of an advantage for Miami as vice-versa because of the heat. A few years ago, Tom Coughlin went on record for whining about the league not scheduling enough of their home games early in the year against cold-weather teams.

Teams coming to Miami in September is not really that big a deal. Most teams train in very hot weather during training camp anyways. Unfortunately ask the Vikings about training camp heat, they lost a Pro Bowl tackle because of it in Minnesota which is pretty North.