PDA

View Full Version : stupid move on behalf of the bills

tdotbillsfan
02-17-2005, 10:00 PM
I can not understand why all of you bills fan are raging on Drew Bledsoe. Is it his fault that malarky didnt play the long ball the first 4-6 games? When they started streching the feild, Bledsoe had more time, and more options. Drew should have been back for one more year. He was comfortable with the new offence, he knows the game better, and most of all the players were getting comfortable with him. Really stupid move by the bills, and in the next 2 years, he will prove them wrong. Losman needed one more year to develop.

lordofgun
02-17-2005, 10:02 PM
behave

tdotbillsfan
02-17-2005, 10:27 PM
my bad lol
regardless, its true.......what i said lol

lordofgun
02-17-2005, 10:29 PM
No, I was telling you to behave. :D

Philagape
02-17-2005, 10:34 PM
I can not understand why all of you bills fan are raging on Drew Bledsoe. Is it his fault that malarky didnt play the long ball the first 4-6 games? When they started streching the feild, Bledsoe had more time, and more options. Drew should have been back for one more year. He was comfortable with the new offence, he knows the game better, and most of all the players were getting comfortable with him. Really stupid move by the bills, and in the next 2 years, he will prove them wrong. Losman needed one more year to develop.

The problem was that even during the winning streak, Drew was mediocre, except for one or two games. Even as his protection improved, even as McGahee gave the offense a credible running threat, even as Evans stretched the field, even as the defense and ST gave him good field position, Drew still made bad throws, and turnovers. He didn't look very comfortable in the Pittsburgh finale. If Drew were the heart and soul of the team, we would have finished 2-14.
Drew had three years to prove the Patriots wrong; instead, losing him was the greatest thing that ever happened to that franchise.
And like I've been saying, how do you or anyone else know how far JP will have developed by the time the season starts? I think the Bills know more than you do.

tdotbillsfan
02-17-2005, 10:34 PM
u serious? or joking lol...................
if your not joking, what did i do wrong?

Konyeezie
02-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Drew stanks. Always has, always will.

lordofgun
02-17-2005, 10:36 PM
u serious? or joking lol...................
if your not joking, what did i do wrong?
Just messing with you. :D

tdotbillsfan
02-17-2005, 10:50 PM
well i dont know about the proving the patriots wrong part.
hear me out.......the first year the bledsoe came to the bills, he was a pro bowler and the "savior" of the team....what happened the next 2 years? the team changed there philosophy......greg williams did a 180 degree turn from drews 1 year to the second, he didnt go with drews strenghts. Now he had to learn a new system, which is hard enough to do. I agree that he didnt play to great this year, but he was not the reason they didnt make the play offs, lets not forget that the defence let up more then 100 yards rushing to the second string backs in the pitts game. They couldnt even stop Pitts 3rd string QB, that was a team loss, not a drew loss.

Billz_fan
02-17-2005, 11:37 PM
Drew, what can you say?

It was time to move on. If he finds a starting job this season I expect him to do well. By that I mean he is gonna take some team to the brink of the playoffs. In the most perfect situation he may even lead them to the first round. I however doubt the palyoffs.

My point is he will play well if given a starting roll. But not well enough to achieve anything more than the above mentioned. He played well his first year in Buffalo because I feel he was well motivated to prove himself. I can see that happening again. He however lacks what it takes for whatever reason to take a team all the way. He plays well enough when he plays well to get you almost there and then breaks your heart. This is why he was let go by the Patriots.

This is why the Bills moved ahead with JP. I don't care what TD says. We may have to move backward a step or 2 to move forward. This doesn't bother me in the slightest. We have got to see what JP has. He is already putting in the extra time he is gonna need. He is not gonna take his off season. He is going to work through it :up:

Bottom Line: Drew would in a best case scenario take us to a first round playoff game although he has failed to do so yet. Thats not good enough. I would rather finish 7-9 or 8-8 with JP and miss the palyoffs than have JP sit another year and have Drew lead us to 10-6 or 9-7 and maybe bow out in round 1 or miss the palyoffs yet again with Drew.

Im not comparing JP to Farve or any other great QB in this league. Lets remember though that many great QB's have struggled for 2-3 years before finding themselves. All the while these guys flashed brilliance while struggling. That is what we need to see from JP. If he is gonna make it we will see him struggle IMO. At the same time though we will see flashes of what it takes to get it done in this leauge.

If he is gonna bust we need to find out now so we can get a QB in the next 2 years. This year for JP will not break him if he fails but the following year will be tell tale. If he craps out in year 2 we need to start looking ahead. Thats the critical call placed on the brain trust at 1 Bill Dr. How JP plays in year 2 and if he gets a 3rd year to develop.

Either way, Drew wasn;t going to win us the SB IMO. So lets go forward and see what needs to be done.

Personally I have faith in JP at this point. He has the tools and the team behind him. Give him the keys and see how he drives :up:

Jan Reimers
02-18-2005, 06:00 AM
On behave of the Bills, Drew stanks.

Did som of yeu miss high skool freshmens englis?

Philagape
02-18-2005, 09:40 AM
hear me out.......the first year the bledsoe came to the bills, he was a pro bowler and the "savior" of the team....what happened the next 2 years? the team changed there philosophy......greg williams did a 180 degree turn from drews 1 year to the second, he didnt go with drews strenghts. Now he had to learn a new system, which is hard enough to do. I agree that he didnt play to great this year, but he was not the reason they didnt make the play offs, lets not forget that the defence let up more then 100 yards rushing to the second string backs in the pitts game. They couldnt even stop Pitts 3rd string QB, that was a team loss, not a drew loss.

You say the Bills didn't go with Drew's strengths; the problem is, Drew doesn't have many strengths to go with. He can throw the long ball; that's about it. A good QB needs to do more than that. A one-dimensional QB is easy to defend against (Belichick does it in his sleep). Drew's great run in 2002 didn't last long; the second half of that season was like the next two. I agree that GW and KG's offense was baffling, but Drew's not the kind of QB you want your offense to revolve around under any scheme.
And I agree that the Pitt loss was a team loss; I was just countering the assertion that Drew was progessing last season. The Pitt game was proof that he didn't. Even if he played well, the Bills still might have lost, but he didn't play well.

jamze132
02-18-2005, 10:17 AM
Who taught this kid grammar?

And for the record... Drew isn't a good fit for what the Bills want to do on offense.

northernbillfan
02-18-2005, 11:30 AM
Another thing that needs to be said here in response to your first post and that's the fact that we are NOT ragging on Drew.

If anything most of us are wishing him well in the future. This was a very amiacble split.

Mr. Cynical
02-18-2005, 02:07 PM
:deadhorse

Drew sucked and got cut.

Move on! :D

The_Philster
02-18-2005, 03:30 PM
Another thing that needs to be said here in response to your first post and that's the fact that we are NOT ragging on Drew.

If anything most of us are wishing him well in the future. This was a very amiacble split.most of us :;

:deadhorse

Drew sucked and got cut.

Move on! :D

audio/s
02-18-2005, 03:44 PM
wow this is horrid as far as grammar and spelling go.

Big M
02-18-2005, 03:50 PM
The English Language just ate a round from a .38 :D:

rtconner
02-18-2005, 10:37 PM
MY biggest problem is his big game ability. During a season/playoffs there will come a game where everything will rest on the shoulders of your QB. Bledsoe just could not get the job done when it was left to him. He won the easy games but just couldn't get the hard ones.

Maybe JP can get us over that hump. We'll find out in the AFC Championship next year.

Bufftp
02-18-2005, 11:50 PM
my bad lol
regardless, its true.......what i said lol
I changed to behalf for you :D

tdotbillsfan
02-19-2005, 03:07 AM
thank you lol
wow these people and grammar, geez its just a forum..............relaxxxx lol

The Natrix
02-19-2005, 03:14 AM
Dude, your grammar isn't that bad.

As for Bledsoe: Let's stop talking about him. ok? :up:

The_Philster
02-19-2005, 06:09 AM
As for Bledsoe: Let's stop talking about him. ok? :up:Who? :huh:

Jan Reimers
02-19-2005, 07:23 AM
thank you lol
wow these people and grammar, geez its just a forum..............relaxxxx lol
English. . . it's our primary means of communication. Why don't we use it properly?

Jayhawk
02-19-2005, 07:35 AM
I failed English? that's unpossible.

yeah let's move on, crapsoe is a cowboy in a week or so anyway

DynaPaul
02-19-2005, 09:17 AM

Blah, blah, blah... you sound like so many other Bledsoe apologists out there always making one excuse or another for why he's failing and why he's going to set the field on fire when those excuses are fixed. Face it, great players, especially ones in a leadership role, FIND a way to win. It's very hard to put together a perfect team and that's exactly what Bledsoe needs to play well. Unfortunately in today's NFL it's nearly impossible to do that and that's where players need to step up. Drew has not stepped up. Drew has not provided leadership. Drew has not led by example.

Drew has made fumbles at the worst possible time. Drew has thrown interceptions at the worst possible time. Drew has cracked under pressure. Drew has been a victim of tunnel vision. Drew has not inspired the offense to believe in him. Drew is tall, has a strong arm, and not much else.

Goodbye Drew.

DaBills
02-19-2005, 11:41 AM
"When they started streching the feild, Bledsoe had more time, and more options."

A big part of his problem is that IF protection breaks down on long plays downfield, he doesn't have the mobility to move around and save the play. He is good in a quick-release shorter range mode to set up the deep ball, not live on a steady diet of going long all the time. And I think he works the deep ball better out of play-action than just a 7-step drop and chuck. Use of play-action seemed almost non-existant this year.

Blame MM for some of the vanilla playcalling, I did. But at some points in games, it got laughable watching him try to throw his way out of a slump drive after drive. Deep ball wasn't working, you'd think him and MM would adjust and go short, but no. Ultimately, a qb HAS to speak up and assume control. Peyton runs the O in Indy because they gave him total say-so on the field. Not just the occasional audible either.

I'm not saying turn over all playcalling to Drew, but it sure looked like many drives stalled because he had to call TO's and look to the bench. And if the opposing argument to give Drew freedom to run the O because he's not smart eneough, then did we really want him out there anyway?

I wish the guy well. He's a good character guy from all accounts. But no one doubts the guy's character - it's his playing. The attitude that he should now go to another team and show the Bills something is a wasted effort. Why didn't he stay and show the Bills something more.

Maybe he wouldn't have been cut.

:shocked: