Knows More Than You
    • Feb 2004

Losman Speaks!!!

BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

“Get down!!!! You just slide in this league. I have to realize that you’re actually putting your team at a higher risk by trying to take guys on and understanding that you’re going to hurt your team by not getting down or not sliding.”
    Glad to hear JP is wising up

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Jan 2004

Why do people say he's cocky I don't see any cockiness in him at all he sounds like a good kid if you ask me by reading this.

Comment

• Demon
        • Mar 2003

I agree. He doesn't come off cocky to me. He sounds very compeitive and wants to be the very best he can be. I don't see the problem with that.

Our future is bright with JP boys. I like this very much.
        Impossible is Nothing.

Comment

• The Natrix
          • Jul 2002

If there was any cockiness in him, it's gone now. He knows he has to prove himself. I hope he's still confident though.

Byrd.

Comment

• Mudflap1
            Next Question!
            • Nov 2004

I think he's very confident, but I never thought he was cocky.

Jon

Comment

• Lone Stranger
              • Sep 2002

He's showing signs of maturity. Nothing wrong with that!

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

“I’m just a guy that can get out of trouble and make some plays when there’s nothing there. I can get out of the pocket and put a little bit more mobility within our offense.”
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

I've liked JP since well before we drafted him. I have always thought he may prove to be better than Eli, Rivers, and Big Ben. He is faster, more athletic, and stronger armed than any of those three.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

If you get a chance go to BB.com. On the front page they are showing the 'inside the war room' cam on how hard it was to get losman.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                      • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      He is faster, more athletic, and stronger armed than any of those three.
                      So was Michael Bishop, Kordell Stewart and Akili Smith.

QB play in the NFL relies as much or more on football intellect, preparedness and accuracy as pure physical tools.

That said, we don't know how JP would rate in those areas because he hasn't played yet. Further, if he shows those traits on top of his physical tools, he could be special, no?

All the more reason to find out sooner, rather than later.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                        • May 2003

Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
                        Why do people say he's cocky I don't see any cockiness in him at all he sounds like a good kid if you ask me by reading this.
                        That is the media talking.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                          • May 2003

Originally posted by NE39
                          So was Michael Bishop, Kordell Stewart and Akili Smith.
                          Don't forget Ryan Leaf, David Klingler, Andre Ware, Heath Shuler, Rick Mirer, Jeff George and, if you are as old as I, Gary Beban and Terry Miller.

The draft is a crap shoot where you pick mostly on tangibles. The intangibles, including heart, desire, competitiveness and poise - the things that separate the greats from the average - often don't become apparent until later.

I agree with you. Let's put JP out there and see what he's got beyond the great physical attributes.
                          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Jeff1220
                            H to the 12:20
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TheGhostofJimKelly
                            That is the media talking.
                            Yeah, but some scouts were saying this too. One in particular scout who occasionally shows up here with a lot of good insight (Ingtar) actually felt this way too, if I'm not mistaken.

I don't think that he is. I just think he might've said a few things leading up to the draft that gave some media and personnel folks that impression.

Comment

• ScottLawrence
                              • Jan 2004

The thing I realize is, I’m not
                              the answer to this problem we’re having and I don’t think there’s an answer to it

Huh?
                              You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

Working...
                              X