• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bulldog
    Top Dog
    • Jan 2003

What would you think of this trade?

T. Henry to the Cards for Shelton (LT/RT). Let Jennings walk and either slide Williams over to LT and insert Shelton at RT or keep Williams at RT and allow Shelton to play LT. From what I have read Shelton has started at both positions. Apparently he got into Denny's dog house for showing up to camp overweight after he had off-season ankle surgery. I think his cap hit is around $3M per year. And he still has some football left in him as he's only 29. Would any of you be upset if Buffalo could make this trade?
    I only drink when I'm alone or with others.
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Bulldog
    T. Henry to the Cards for Shelton (LT/RT). Let Jennings walk and either slide Williams over to LT and insert Shelton at RT or keep Williams at RT and allow Shelton to play LT. From what I have read Shelton has started at both positions. Apparently he got into Denny's dog house for showing up to camp overweight after he had off-season ankle surgery. I think his cap hit is around $3M per year. And he still has some football left in him as he's only 29. Would any of you be upset if Buffalo could make this trade?
    This has been mentioned here before...I wouldn't be against it, personally. And I'd kind of be overecstatic if Williams came in shape and ready to play. Then I wouldn't mind moving him to LT at all.

Of course, I prefer to draft a real center and have Teague move to LT. If this were to happen, then Shelton might be a little pricey to just be a backup. I'd like to see who McNally has in mind for backup. Price will probably be kept, and Lawrence Smith showed promise. But Pucillo was putrid and should be gone. Maybe this is where Justin Bannan can come in. He played decent the short while we saw him and he'd be more valuable to us a solid backup O-lineman!!!

Comment

• Shasta McNasty
      • Feb 2003

If we don't sign JJ. I like this trade a lot. Then draft a guard in 2nd round. Then draft best availble at postion of need.

Comment

• Bruce is Loose
        • Jul 2002

make this trade AND sign Jennings and move Shelton to G. Keep Teauge at center - hell be manhandled at tackle

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

TH for Shelton straight up sounds great to me. Shelton has been a proven starter, is very cheap for a T for the next 4 years, and is young w/ upside. Make it happen. The draft a OG/C in the 4th.
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Trade for Shelton, sign Rivera, draft Wilkerson
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• BillsRockSOMUCH
              Exhausted of Losing
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DraftBoy

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

Originally posted by tanked
                make this trade AND sign Jennings and move Shelton to G. Keep Teauge at center - hell be manhandled at tackle
                Shelton is something like 6'-6" tall. OG are generally shorter and quicker, as they have to be able to get out an block LB.

Shelton is an OT, Jenning would be more likely to be moved inside since he is kind of short for an OT (6'-3").

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                  • Sep 2002

Works for me.

Comment

• Beastmaster
                    Hall of Fame Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

I've always wondered if the line would be much better if they moved Mike Williams inside to guard.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

mike williams is 6-8.. it would be even harder to move a guy that size there...
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bert102176
                        • Aug 2002

what ever we do we need to get rid of Trey Teauge
                        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy

Comment

• Marvelous
                            • Feb 2004

Man is it easy to hate on Teague. He's a C people and a decent one at that. He's no Mawae or Koppen but he is still servicable imo.
                            *The day will come when we get our new Kent Hull but until then Teague is a good fit because he can play tackle or guard. I wonder what woulda happened had we went with Jennings @ C and Teague as a RT..????hmm
                            GO BILLS!!! NE
                            Magical Trevor

Comment

• Charlieguide
                              Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
                              • Feb 2004

I don't like the idea of losing JJ. As LT, he's clearly the coaches' pick as our best O-Lineman. With the cap space we have available, it doesn't make sense to let him go, even with the acquisition of Shelton. That would be like having a 1300 yard back, and drafting a RB in the first round . . . you just don't do that.

Seriously, though, our OL needs help not simply change. Making a move to save money doesn't accomplish that. Keeping MW, JJ, and Shelton only makes sense.
                              The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

Working...
                              X