• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Has anyone seen this???

... If the Bills trade former starter Travis Henry, as anticipated, they will need a backup tailback to play behind McGahee. One possibility is Correll Buckhalter of Philadelphia, who has suffered season-ending knee injuries in two of his four league seasons. When healthy, the star-crossed Buckhalter is a very solid back. ...

While Bill Belichick is known as a defensive coach, look for him to take a more active role in the offense this year.

Down at the bottom of the page.

Also.

-- Bills Could be Eyeing Buckhalter --
    Fri Feb 18, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's Len Pasquarelli reports if the Buffalo Bills trade former starter RB Travis Henry, as anticipated, they will need a backup tailback to play behind RB Willis McGahee. One possibility is RB Correll Buckhalter of Philadelphia, who has suffered season-ending knee injuries in two of his four league seasons. When healthy, Buckhalter is a very solid back.

I wouldn't mind the move at all. Sure, he has had some injuries but since he would be a backup here he wouldn't as much wear and tear as he did in Philly when it was Running Back by Committee with he and Westbrook. He is a quick SOB too.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

• The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Last i heard he was Phillys #1 priority to resign
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Crisis
      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
      Last i heard he was Phillys #1 priority to resign
      Corey Simon?
      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
      Vanek is Austrian not European
      Originally posted by Prov401
      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
      Originally posted by better days
      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• ryjam282
        Offical Billszone Starting QB
        • Mar 2003

Don't shoot the messenger...Just think it would be a good idea.

Ryan Withey
        Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Diggit! I think Philly is going to go after a workhorse rusher like a Shaun Alexander to go with scatback Brian Westbrook. A huge weakness at the Super Bowl was a lack of a solid rushing attack, while New England got even better by bringing in a horse like Corey Dillon.

Jon

Comment

• DraftBoy
            Administrator
            • Jul 2002

Buckhalter would be a much welcome addition to us instead of a late round rookie. Plus maybe the whole RB knee thing can work again.
            COMING SOON...
            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Beastmaster
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

He would make a nice addition.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

Indeed..
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Crisis
                  • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mudflap1
                  Diggit! I think Philly is going to go after a workhorse rusher like a Shaun Alexander to go with scatback Brian Westbrook. A huge weakness at the Super Bowl was a lack of a solid rushing attack, while New England got even better by bringing in a horse like Corey Dillon.

Jon
                  Aren't they trying to lock-up Westrbook long-term and to big bucks? Why would you pay 2 RBs that much money. Just don't see it happening.
                  Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                  Vanek is Austrian not European
                  Originally posted by Prov401
                  Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                  Originally posted by better days
                  I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• Alston11
                    Elliot Sadler's #1 Fan
                    • Feb 2005

i would love buckhalter here. if willis isnt 100% yet then we would have a backup who could still lead even for a season

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Sweet. That would be a great pickup.

Comment

• That Guy
                        • Apr 2004

As far as I've heard, the Eagles are actually considering signing Shaun Alexander and having both him and Westbrook on the team. Westbrook can be used in the backfield, as a receiver, on special teams... he's not just limited to sharing time with Alexander.

Either way, that would make Buckhalter the odd man out... and if they are even considering this it probably means that he's leaving anyways.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

i hope that the back up never has to see the field and that shaud williams is the occassional 3rd down back.. but we will need a contigentcy plan if willis gets hurt.. i really hate having a nother guy with major knee issues on the team though..

buckhalter blew his knee out this last time by not even getting touched.. he just stopped, crumpled and his knee was gone..

he was good before the second devastating knee injury.. i really dont want to know if he is any good at all now, and wait for the next non-contact knee blowout to happen.

no thanks.. i will pass... give me someone else.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
                            • Aug 2004

I'd be all for it, but I'd sign another back along with him, just in case.
                            http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• tampabay25690
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by That Guy
                              As far as I've heard, the Eagles are actually considering signing Shaun Alexander and having both him and Westbrook on the team. Westbrook can be used in the backfield, as a receiver, on special teams... he's not just limited to sharing time with Alexander.

Either way, that would make Buckhalter the odd man out... and if they are even considering this it probably means that he's leaving anyways.
                              The thing is Phili is in great shape with the cap, they were in the SUper Bowl and I think they have at least $15 million in cap space!!!!!
                              GO Gators!!!!!!
                              GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X