PDA

View Full Version : Anyone heard anything about Big Pat?

Shiny Chicken
02-18-2005, 10:35 PM
With the salary cap space freed up by Moulds' restructuring and Bledsoe's release, has anyone heard anything about whether or not we're going to able to re-sign PW?

Michael82
02-18-2005, 10:36 PM
We'll probably hear something about him and the RFA's next week. :up:

OpIv37
02-18-2005, 10:51 PM
If they don't re-sign him, I'm going to be pissed. This needs to be the #2 off-season priority, behind only finding a back-up QB.

ScottLawrence
02-18-2005, 11:08 PM
If they don't resign him, then the coaching staff must have faith in Edwards/Anderson to get it done for us next year.

ArcticWildMan
02-18-2005, 11:22 PM
We'll sign Pat. Jennings is a goner however.

YardRat
02-18-2005, 11:36 PM
I agree with AWM on both players.

Besides...No news is good news, at this point.

Shiny Chicken
02-19-2005, 12:25 AM
I've been figuring JJ was gonna be gone... besides, I think PW is more worth the money.

Tatonka
02-19-2005, 01:37 AM
i really cant envision big pat going anywhere.. he is too entrenched in the community.. he will stay and give us a slight discount.. the only reason he doesnt stay is if the bills just dont want him or try and rape him on the pay because he is getting older.. but he has not really showed it..

he is worth paying to keep for sure. but if we lose him. i would love to see chris hovan as a bill.. i love that kid.

ICE74129
02-19-2005, 08:18 AM
Why would anyone be pissed? He is getting WORSE. We have Edwards and about 5 other DT's that Krumrie are high on.

We HAVE DT's. Edwards we really effective when he played. It is past time to see what he can do. We have GREATER Needs. You heard TD, the focus will be on offense this offseason. We only have about 9 mill in cap room thanks to MW escelated base pay...not 14 mill. Getting Sheldon in here at LT will cost about 3 mill on the cap. We still need a Guard, TE, #3 WR, Backup QB and Backup RB all before DRAFTING!

Sorry folks I just don't see us being able to bring him back and if we did, I could see Edwards demanding a trade. All the kid has done is prove himself, keep his mouth shut and work hard. it is HIS time now, Williams has past.

jamze132
02-19-2005, 09:42 AM
Why would anyone be pissed? He is getting WORSE. We have Edwards and about 5 other DT's that Krumrie are high on.

We HAVE DT's. Edwards we really effective when he played. It is past time to see what he can do. We have GREATER Needs. You heard TD, the focus will be on offense this offseason. We only have about 9 mill in cap room thanks to MW escelated base pay...not 14 mill. Getting Sheldon in here at LT will cost about 3 mill on the cap. We still need a Guard, TE, #3 WR, Backup QB and Backup RB all before DRAFTING!

Sorry folks I just don't see us being able to bring him back and if we did, I could see Edwards demanding a trade. All the kid has done is prove himself, keep his mouth shut and work hard. it is HIS time now, Williams has past.
You make it sound like you and Edwards used to be involved in some sort of NAMBLA stuff

Patti120
02-19-2005, 11:13 AM
As someone previously mentioned, on the NFL network b/4 the pro-bowl, Sam Adams and TKO both said that if there is one thing we need to do in the offseason it's sign Pat Williams. They both said it with an exclamation point after it.

Based upon that I'd say that the players feel that PW is huge for our Defense as a whole and one could assume that they feel he is better than Edwards and/or Anderson.

venis2k1
02-19-2005, 01:07 PM
he is worth paying to keep for sure. but if we lose him. i would love to see chris hovan as a bill.. i love that kid.

IF we lost him, i would love to see edwards finally get a real shot at starting, why would you bring in an overrated pos like hovan in. we really could use the 11 tackles and 1.5 sacks that he had this year. resign pat if possible, if not edwards has been solid at worst when he has seen the feild the past year.

Tatonka
02-19-2005, 01:10 PM
ah.. stats DEFINATELY say it all when your a defensive tackle, dont they.. you definately watched all of minnesotas games, i see venis.. :rolleyes:

hovan is a beast who was dinged up some last year.. and his contract will show what
some teams think of him.

but i am sure edwards is just as good as hovan.. because apparently hovan is a POS.

venis2k1
02-19-2005, 01:36 PM
ah.. stats DEFINATELY say it all when your a defensive tackle, dont they.. you definately watched all of minnesotas games, i see venis.. :rolleyes:

hovan is a beast who was dinged up some last year.. and his contract will show what
some teams think of him.

but i am sure edwards is just as good as hovan.. because apparently hovan is a POS.

first off all, i, like most people, find sarcasm hillarious, thanks for making my day. secondly i have not watched all of minnesotas games this year, but its ok, because its apperant that you have. i offer you this from earlier this year:

"DT Chris Hovan was deactivated in favor of a couple rookies, Spencer Johnson started in the base defense while Darrion Scott took some of Hovan’s reps in the nickel. It has been a long fall from grace for Hovan who came to training camp as the team’s defensive leader and de facto best player in 2003. A free agent after the season, Hovan’s departure from Minnesota seems assured and is probably for the best?"

thats from the minnesota sports update website. this is a guy that lost his job to a couple of rookies last year, hovan really sounds like a beast.

here is some more

"Low production, coupled with a dismal 2003 season, caused the Vikings to promote rookie free agent Spencer Johnson ahead of Hovan."

the beast lost his job to a rookie FREE AGENT!!! sounds like a monster, lets bring him in right away.

"Hovan, an Associated Press second-team All-Pro in 2002, was inactive for five of the final nine games, including both playoff games."

please note, this was not due to injury, but his overrated suckatude.

bottom line in my eyes, is hovan can still start in this league, he is a hard work high hustle kind of guy, but a beast, far from it. i would MUCH rather take a chance on edwards than go out and get hovan.

Tatonka
02-19-2005, 01:57 PM
point proven.. i guess i was not as up to date as i thought i was.. i must have been living on the reputation and dominant play that i saw the year before.. when he was a beast.. i was under the impression that his inactivity was due to injury, not **** play.. it is intriguing that someone can go from being so good.. then you put him next to kevin williams (who as dominating as any DT in the league) and hovans production would decline..

your right venis.. i stand corrected.

ScottLawrence
02-20-2005, 12:41 AM
i really cant envision big pat going anywhere.. he is too entrenched in the community.. he will stay and give us a slight discount.. the only reason he doesnt stay is if the bills just dont want him or try and rape him on the pay because he is getting older.. but he has not really showed it..

WE didn't extend Edwards, and draft Anderson in the 3rd round last year for no reason.

I think you'll see Williams walk, and TD will focus on the offensive line in free agency.

To tell you the truth, I think its time for Williams to go, I like the potential of Edwards/Anderson.

Jan Reimers
02-20-2005, 07:00 AM
The Bills want to keep Pat, and he wants to stay. Pat is very comfortable in the community and has a successful business going. If the Bills make him a reasonable offer - and no other team absolutely blows his doors off - he'll be back.

ShadowHawk7
02-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Talk potential all you want about Anderson, he did zilch this year, I'll take Williams.

ScottLawrence
02-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Talk potential all you want about Anderson, he did zilch this year, I'll take Williams.

Anderosn didn't do anything this year, but Edwards did.

When Edwards came in the pass rush improved, and I thought he had a tremendous game against Miami.

It wouldn't suprise me if we let Williams walk, and use the money for a Guard in free agency.

Marvelous
02-20-2005, 11:58 AM
I'm torn between keeping Williams or giving Ron Edwards his much deserved shot. Edwards is a playmaker were Pat is a stuffer. But i don't wanna see our D suffer like it did when we lost Teddy Washington. Agreed... If Pats price is right then keep him....

*Shouldn't Mike Williams be restructuring???

G. Host
02-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Restructuring just does a Butler and moves costs to further years. Titans did a Butler for years and they are about to colapse in debt.

Michael82
02-20-2005, 12:20 PM
Restructuring just does a Butler and moves costs to further years. Titans did a Butler for years and they are about to colapse in debt.
TD just did that same thing with Moulds last week.

G. Host
02-20-2005, 12:23 PM
TD just did that same thing with Moulds last week.

Yes he did but he added a year. I do not think it was wise however.

Billsouth
02-20-2005, 04:57 PM
has anyone confirmed mw's contract #. it seems odd to me that all of the cap experts missed such a huge issue.

G. Host
02-20-2005, 05:59 PM
No it is not odd. Until it was announced he reached his contract numbers it was not known that he would be having esclator clauses invoked in contract.

I do not think he is worth $9 million a year but do not think the Bills can get him to reduce it and if they let him go he will be signed by another team for less and Bills will be looking for two tackles. Can not afford to cut Williams this year while trying to sign a left tackle and Jennings is not worth the dollars necessary to sign or tag him.

lordofgun
02-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Anyone heard anything about Big Pat?

I heard he's fat.

TigerJ
02-20-2005, 08:40 PM
I've heard the Bills and big Pat's agent are some distance appart, but I can't say that it is very substantive.

ScottLawrence
02-20-2005, 09:23 PM
I've heard the Bills and big Pat's agent are some distance appart, but I can't say that it is very substantive.

If thats the case, let him walk.

Let Edwards, and Anderson fight for the job in training camp.

BillsFever21
02-21-2005, 03:49 AM
I'd like to have Big Pat back but I'm not very optimistic it's gonna happen since we only have about 7 million in cap space with about 2 million going towards RFA's and draft picks.

We could get back that 2 million by releasong Prioleau and trading Henry and replacing them with draft picks for a cheaper price.

Williams will want Top 10 money which would be about 3.5 million dollars and we would still need a LT to replace Jennings.

Best case scenerio would be to trade Henry for Shelton who would only cost 3 million on the cap. Just them two guys would take up the rest of our 6-7 million in cap space.

Unless we restructure some contracts Pat probably won't be back. He's a big part to our defense and it would affect our defensive production some.

Mike Williams will cost 9.170 million against the cap? That's insane.

colin
02-21-2005, 06:05 AM
i really want PW to stay, but i could see him asking for too much. depending on hoe much he costs and who is out there at OL we might need to let him walk :<.

no way MW restructures, he will be a top T in the NFL next season and we will be happy to resign him.

tatonka you have to stop backing these great white hype over rated turds--

hovan
wire
turley