PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman: The Right Choice?

BillsFootball75
02-19-2005, 09:14 AM
http://2005.otcdraft.com/content/article/EEplZVuEFpAmpuHrQf.php?h=Bills

since you guys enjoyed the last article i posted, here is another good one that examines the releasing of drew and the decision to go with JP. It doesnt just tell you what happened, it offers annalysis, i hope you enjoy!

jamze132
02-19-2005, 09:32 AM
Nice atricle... up until the author mentioned Drew Bledsoe and the HOF.

BillsFootball75
02-19-2005, 09:44 AM
tell me a QB, that has 40,000 yards passing and isnt in the hall of fame?? all things considered Drew has a super bowl ring and actually played in another.

mybills
02-19-2005, 10:14 AM
:chuckle:

hoganfg
02-19-2005, 10:44 AM
This is a mistake all around. Please tell me that once again business did not win over what is best for the team. We need to be worried about the line. JP will no nothing with out a line. (See this comment in a year) Yes blame it on Drew if you must. We lost the soul of our team.

Philagape
02-19-2005, 10:49 AM
tell me a QB, that has 40,000 yards passing and isnt in the hall of fame?? all things considered Drew has a super bowl ring and actually played in another.

Mere passing yards are meaningless. That's just indicative of the number of times he's thrown the ball and says nothing about greatness. His career yards per attempt is actually rather low. His mediocre 2004 season (that's being generous) is pretty close to his career average in several categories.

He has a ring as a backup and lost the one he started. So what?

Philagape
02-19-2005, 10:53 AM
This is a mistake all around. Please tell me that once again business did not win over what is best for the team. We need to be worried about the line. JP will no nothing with out a line. (See this comment in a year) Yes blame it on Drew if you must. We lost the soul of our team.

If Drew were the soul of our team, we would have gone 4-12. He was a caretaker, and not a very good one at that. The line actually improved over the season; that wasn't the problem.
What's best for the team is to move on with the future instead of trying to squeeze every last mile out of a broken-down old statue.

BillsFootball75
02-19-2005, 10:59 AM
Mere passing yards are meaningless. That's just indicative of the number of times he's thrown the ball and says nothing about greatness. His career yards per attempt is actually rather low. His mediocre 2004 season (that's being generous) is pretty close to his career average in several categories.

He has a ring as a backup and lost the one he started. So what?
i never said drew bledsoe is a sure fire hall of famer. i said he has the numbers of a hall of fame QB, and thats what it said in the article.

Ickybaluky
02-19-2005, 11:07 AM

Vinny Testaverde. He will never make it either. Warren Moon is probably on the bubble, but I don't consider him a HOF'er either. Moon has a better shot than Drew.

The fact is yardage is the only measure by which anyone can make a HOF argument for Drew. His Yds/Att, Comp%, TD% and Int% are far from HOF-worthy.

Mr. Cynical
02-19-2005, 01:18 PM
All things considered, Bledsoe’s record as the Bills starter is 23-25, which is losing football. Its clearly not because the team lacked talent. One thing is true, JP Losman cant do any worse than losing football.

I don’t blame Drew Bledsoe for every offensive problem the Bills have had, he isn’t the biggest idiot in the world. There is a reason he has nearly 40,000 passing yards in his career. But losing football is what it is: losing football.:10:

I, for one, am excited about not having to watch Drew Bledsoe roll out on a play-action roll out pass. That is a pretty disgusting site.:roflmao:

HAMMER
02-19-2005, 01:58 PM

I agree with everything you say except losing the soul. I think JP has a ton of soul, heart, and the will to win. I saw too little fire in Bledsoe.

DaBills
02-19-2005, 02:56 PM
Drew's got a SB ring? So does Rob Johnson. Point being...?

If his career ended today, I doubt Drew really deserves to be in with these HOF QB's:

George Blanda
Terry Bradshaw
Len Dawson
John Elway
Dan Fouts
Otto Graham
Bob Griese
Sonny Jurgensen
Jim Kelly
Bobby Layne
Dan Marino
Joe Montana
Joe Namath
Bart Starr
Roger Staubach
Fran Tarkenton
Y.A. Tittle
Johnny Unitas
Norm Van Brocklin
Bob Waterfield
Steve Young

BTW, I think Moon's CFL days are the one factor that put him on the bubble.

jamze132
02-19-2005, 03:52 PM
i never said drew bledsoe is a sure fire hall of famer. i said he has the numbers of a hall of fame QB, and thats what it said in the article.
It sounds like you are offended.

The_Philster
02-20-2005, 08:00 AM
It sounds like you are offended.

illiteracy should offend everyone

tdotbillsfan
02-20-2005, 12:22 PM
I still dont understand why everyone is hating drew bledsoe!!! Football (last i checked) is a team sport! When the bills where in the steelers red zone early in the game, it was 3rd down, drew hooked up with evens for a first down but Reed (or should i say josh bum) caused interference! Whose fault is that? Not to mention @(#$&* number of times the receiving core droped the ball!
Listen guys, fine i can live with you guys being excited with JP now starting, but lay off Drew, he gave his heart to the team, fans, and city and all you guys are doing is ripping him apart!
Im sure we I will be reading "I HATE JP" threads in Dec. if the bills are losing.
ANDDDDD (and i dont believe this, so back off) if you guys think drew doesnt have what it takes, then lets start an "I HATE JIM KELLY" thread, cause he obviously didnt have what it took either. Sure he went to the super bowl, but lost every time. i hope youguys see where i am going with this.
SO BACK OFF DREW! hes a good QB, and you will wish the bills still had him after you see the way he plays next year.
Thank you and good day sir.

DaBills
02-20-2005, 12:37 PM
and you will wish the bills still had him after you see the way he plays next year.

Sounds like he'll be great next year. Then why couldn't he play that way this year? Look at the whole season, not one game. While during the year his supporting cast had moments when they dropped passes, got stopped for no gain, etc. Drew was more consistant with his sacks, INTs and over/under thrown passes.

How many of his 16 INTs and countless sacks were our WR's fault btw?

tdotbillsfan
02-20-2005, 12:49 PM
I will tell you off the top of my head because i can not remember all of the 16, but in the ravens game when he threw for 4 int i recall, 3 were not his fault.
1 of them went right threw WM hands, another when threw eric moulds hands and another bounced off of josh the bum reeds chest!
the only one he is to blame in that game what the deep ball he threw to evens in double coverage and sanders picked it off..

The_Philster
02-20-2005, 02:01 PM
Ummm...I was at that game and the one to Moulds WAS hus fault....he threw it behind Eric :shakeno:

Novacane
02-20-2005, 02:11 PM
and you will wish the bills still had him after you see the way he plays next year.

I highly doubt that!

tdotbillsfan
02-20-2005, 06:42 PM
Your kidding me right? about the moulds one?
that was all moulds, which he admitted too after the game. sorry buddy, you are all too darn bias

Turf
02-20-2005, 06:45 PM
If you objectively look at the Bills position by position, WR, DL, OL, etc, the QB play was the weakest area of the team. I'll go for losing that soul anytime.

The_Philster
02-20-2005, 06:45 PM
Your kidding me right? about the moulds one?
that was all moulds, which he admitted too after the game. sorry buddy, you are all too darn bias

Not kidding you at all...the play unfolded right below me. We are talking about an endzone play, right? :huh: For some reason I'm thinking that it was a pick but it may have just been an incompletion. Either way, it was behind the WR...and Drew's fault.
And believe me, according to some illiterate posters, my bias is far from giving Bledsoe too much blame. :laughter:

tdotbillsfan
02-20-2005, 07:05 PM
no it was not an end zone play, we have our wires crossed.
it was a play in the forth, roughly at the 50 yard line, and the ball went through moulds hands. Regardless, it wasnt drews fault

G. Host
02-20-2005, 07:47 PM
If you objectively look at the Bills position by position, WR, DL, OL, etc, the QB play was the weakest area of the team. I'll go for losing that soul anytime.

That is not exactly correct. FG kicker was weakest; QB was 2nd. WR play was not far behind.

The_Philster
02-20-2005, 08:00 PM
no it was not an end zone play, we have our wires crossed.
it was a play in the forth, roughly at the 50 yard line, and the ball went through moulds hands. Regardless, it wasnt drews fault

ok :up: I was thinking of a play that was in the endzone right below me...the incompletion on the play I'm thinking of was Drew's fault

Slim
02-20-2005, 09:54 PM
drew blows , im just looking foward to watchin J.P next year

jamze132
02-21-2005, 08:39 AM
Lets not forget, Drew threw an interception to a receiver.
(Troy Brown)

Mr. Cynical
02-21-2005, 01:50 PM
drew blows , im just looking foward to watchin J.P next year
:up:

hoganfg
04-01-2006, 09:35 AM
[quote=Philagape]If Drew were the soul of our team, we would have gone 4-12. He was a caretaker, and not a very good one at that. The line actually improved over the season; that wasn't the problem.
What's best for the team is to move on with the future instead of trying to squeeze every last mile out of a broken-down old statue.[/quote

NOW WHAT DO you state about the Bills and the position of Quarterback?

BIGDAWG.]

Philagape
04-01-2006, 10:32 AM
[quote=Philagape]If Drew were the soul of our team, we would have gone 4-12. He was a caretaker, and not a very good one at that. The line actually improved over the season; that wasn't the problem.
What's best for the team is to move on with the future instead of trying to squeeze every last mile out of a broken-down old statue.[/quote

NOW WHAT DO you state about the Bills and the position of Quarterback?

BIGDAWG.]

I say we have a promising prospect who pretty much did what I expected last year (and the statue certainly would not have done much better) and will get better with experience. JP should still be the future of this team.