PDA

View Full Version : Jermaine Wiggins

lordofgun
02-19-2005, 08:26 PM
I'd be ecstatic if we signed him. He'd be an excellent checkdown option for JP.

Dozerdog
02-19-2005, 08:50 PM
He's seking a decent sized payday.

I don't want to over pay for a TE unless he's Gonzalez, or Gates.

Any other TE can be drafted

That Guy
02-19-2005, 08:53 PM
I didn't watch more than 2-3 Vikings games this year, but is there any chance that Wiggins was just a product of a wide-open offense? It seemed like during the season they had quite a few targets to go to.

I'd probably be for it, but sometimes guys that suddenly have a breakout season five years into their career scare me away. It just seems like since it didn't work in New England, didn't work in Indy, didn't work in Carolina.. it might just be the system he was in with Minnesota.

Really, the only way I think we'd be getting a significant improvement at TE is if we get one of those super-athletic guys like Gonzalez, Heap, Witten, Shockey, Gates, Winslow etc...

Dozerdog
02-19-2005, 09:05 PM
From his NE years, I don't recall a lot of huge production- except for some real clutch catches in the Raider and Rams playoff games of 2001.

Besides two or three drives in those games, he wasn't a big weapon. The Pats then went out and tried to grab every TE under the sun. Fauria, Cleelend, then they drafted two of them really high.

Ickybaluky
02-19-2005, 09:14 PM
I like Wiggins a lot, but I don't think he is anything more than a middle-of-the-road pass-receiving TE. He has excellent hands, but he is slow. He also struggles with his weight at times. He is built kind of odd for a TE in that he is short and stocky.

He can catch, but I wouldn't call him the kind of dependable guy your looking for at the TE position. He also isn't a great blocker.

Jan Reimers
02-20-2005, 06:51 AM
I think that Campbell and Euhus, if used more in our offense, will be quite effective - IF they are recovered from their knee injuries. I wouldn't spend a lot of money in FA, or a high pick in the draft, on a TE - unless the Bills' medical people feel they won't be 100% next season.

Philagape
02-20-2005, 01:12 PM
Wiggins had good numbers (relatively) this year only because Kleinsasser got hurt