X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xtreme
    • Dec 2002

I think we have a shot at NE and GB

Enough of the Drew Bowl the Revenge on the Patsies. The Bills know they have a shot at the playoffs. So this instead of revenge should be on there minds. IMO the Bills can beat Patriots on there Turf. Then Green Bay Both teams play in cold and bad conditions. The Packers really havent played a team that plays in the same conditions as the Pack does. I wouldnt take the Bengals lightly either, they have been playin pretty well last couple weeks. The Bungles just cant finish it.

I BELIEVE! DO YOU?
    I See Said The Blind Ref Peeing In The Wind
  • Don Cherry
    BFZ Hockey Commissioner
    • Oct 2002

Hey, welcome to the Zone!

The Bills got to learn how to adjust. Can they stop a screen pass? Can they run when they show us 2 down linemen?

Comment

• MissBuffalo
      Quiddity
      • Jul 2002

Welcome Xtreme!!!
      If we play the way we played on Sunday and during the first 5 games of the season, we got a legitimate chance. My only concern is the D. Can they keep stepin' it up like the've done against Miami (both times) or will they just go right back into that 28 points per game funk??
      See me here pushing you
      If I then deny I do
      Contemplate or wish away
      If I ask you not to stay

Comment

• LuvDaBills11
        • Nov 2002

the bills can beat ne and cincy and may be sd in buffalo but theres no way they can beat favre in gb in winter.

Comment

• Andrea1234
          • Oct 2002

lets get done with NE first then worry about the other games this is another big game coming up on sunday too

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I say we all root for GB and against TB for the next few weeks- if GB clinches home field by the time they play the Bills, they will rest their starters and the Bills will have a shot at beating them.

Playoffs are not impossible but I wouldn't hold my breath. All I was hoping for this season was that the Bills would be good enough to make the December games interesting and they accomplished that goal. Regardless of how it ends, this was a good season: twice as many wins as last year, 2 victories against Miami and hope for the near future.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Typ0
              honey pie
              • Jul 2002

I agree OpIV I think the season has been very positive. I still have to question Gilbride's approach to the game a little though. Things worked out well last week when he was forced to keep it on the ground...things worked out real well. If he can learn how to use Henry appropriately week in and week out we will be so much better off...we would be better off right now if he learned it in the past. If there is no adjustment to utilizing the running game effectively we're destined for inconsistency as long as Gilbride is at the Offensive helm.

I think GW has more than earned his return next season. I would give him some very high marks on the report card if he hadn't blown several game time decisions. All be told, he's done a good job with the team. They are playing hard. Even last season right up until the last game they came out and played hard and tried to stay focused. That says a lot for the character of the team and we want a team with good character. It's clear there are some gaping holes on the defense but they guys come out just about every week with the mentality they can win and have only had a few total meltdowns while being a truly mediocre team. Heart and character make wins.

Comment

• Typ0
                honey pie
                • Jul 2002

1-10-MIA43 (13:27) T. Henry up the middle to MIA 37 for 6 yards (Z. Thomas). Umpire Butch Hannah injured on play, goes to sidelines.
                2-4-MIA37 (13:08) T. Henry right guard to MIA 36 for 1 yard (T. Bowens).
                3-3-MIA36 (12:31) D. Bledsoe pass incomplete to P. Price. Thrown wide of receiver, over middle at MIA 25.
                4-3-MIA36 (12:25) (Shotgun) D. Bledsoe sacked at MIA 48 for -12 yards (J. Taylor).

This is the kind of crap I am talking about.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Coaches need time to turn a team around. I have my doubts about Gilbride and GW has made some bad decisions, but this team is infinitely better than last season's 3-13 debacle. Typ0 is right- at the very least, he's given this team the heart to play each game til the final buzzer. I say stick w/ GW- if the team continues to improve into next season, he's earned his keep. If they backtrack next year, well I don't want to get ahead of myself but there should be repercussions...

Gilbride needs to know he's on the line. Buffalo has a great passing game but they also have a better than average running game- don't ignore it or abandon it too soon. Adjust to the defense. If Gilbride can do that for the end of this season and continue into next season, he's fine.

The defining factor will be the off-season adjustments. They need to add a playmaker and some consistency to the defense, keep Price or get a similar- caliber receiver to compliment Moulds, and maybe add some depth to the O-line (which has improved significantly this year, but I worry about an injury).
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Wys Guy
                    Drew and Sam stole all my hair
                    • Jul 2002

I disagree there Op. I don't think Gilbride is on the line at all. I think he'll get credit for every positive thing that this offense does but will take hardly any heat for the stuff that goes wrong.

All we heard was about how we need to get the ball to Moulds and Price more. Yet, in this past game, our largest margin of victory, most convincing win, and largest offensive performance of the season, Drew's passes found their mark only 15 times and only 7 of those were to M/P combined.

I just hope that Gilbride has learned from fan complaints that it's running the ball w/ Henry that's gonna win games for us. Drew was what he was largely b/c of that. He only tossed two long balls all game; a 47-yarder and 57-yarder (TD) to Moulds. The longest in-the-air ball after that was the 20-yarder to Price in the endzone and 11 after that. It was a short passing game in conjunction with Henry's rushing that were the basis of success of this game.

It was the epidome of the antithesis of that way that Gilbride likes to call a game. We'll see this week how good we are. If we come out slinging I'm gonna scream.
                    Replace Donahoe with Modrak and fire the entire coaching staff!

Then let's go to Disneyworld!

GO BILLS!!!

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
                      • Oct 2002

In all fairness to the 15 passes stat wys, Nobody in the NFL could of attmepted a pass in the last 20 minutes of that game. But that being said, we did see a very well balanced attack the first 3 quarters of the game. I love the way the offence played, but the defence stepped it up. I think that shows you what will win ball games.

Comment

• BillsMan80
                        Tapit: All the Way to the Derby
                        • Jul 2002

Amen Wys, although we are doing a better job of getting the ball to Peerless and Eric. However, the number one goal should be to run Travis run. Travis will make life 1000 times easier for Drew.
                        The NTRA...GO BABY GO!!!!!!!
                        THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT WILLIS!!!!!!!!!!! Touchdown Wills McGahee!!!!!

Comment

• dolfan25
                          Clements & Mulakey I'm taking you down next
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                          I say we all root for GB and against TB for the next few weeks- if GB clinches home field by the time they play the Bills, they will rest their starters and the Bills will have a shot at beating them.

Playoffs are not impossible but I wouldn't hold my breath. All I was hoping for this season was that the Bills would be good enough to make the December games interesting and they accomplished that goal. Regardless of how it ends, this was a good season: twice as many wins as last year, 2 victories against Miami and hope for the near future.
                          Actually GB is chasing both Philly and GB for the 1 seed. Philly's 3 losses are all against AFC teams so they're doing well in the NFC

Comment

Working...
                          X