PDA

View Full Version : Bruschi's out of the hospital.

mybills
02-20-2005, 08:08 AM
Now they're saying it WAS a mild stroke. I know three people who have had one, and none of them had a headache with it. Then again, a stroke will get more media attention than a migraine. j/k. Is there a doctor that posts here, though? I'm curious to know why the 3 stroke victims I know, didn't get a headache? :idunno:

Jayhawk
02-20-2005, 09:42 AM
stuff I have heard on it, makes me think he should retire right now.

Captain gameboy
02-20-2005, 09:51 AM
Word from inside the Pats locker room was that Bruschi was one of those guys who bangs his head against things before games. In fact, a real devotee of the practice. In further fact, one of the true nuts about this type of thing.

Can't help but wonder if this may have been damaging, long term.

ajsdx
02-20-2005, 10:12 AM
yep, one of the biggest causes of mild strokes are damaged blood vessels that rupture suddenly. at #54's age, usually this condition is caused by a genetic predisposition to weakened blood vessels (after all, the rate of people under age 40 who have strokes is virtually nothing). in this case, he should retire. either that or he had a blood clot, which i very much doubt given his physical condition.

DraftBoy
02-20-2005, 10:18 AM
I do pray for his well being, and think he should retire to save himself. :pray:

ajsdx
02-20-2005, 10:37 AM
headaches are a common complaint for mild strokes as well, mybills. i don't know the incidence rate though.

OpIv37
02-20-2005, 10:44 AM
I'll be happy if he's not playing for the Pats anymore, but I can't take glory in great football careers ending early for health reasons- I hope he recovers and makes the best decision for himself and his family.

Michael82
02-20-2005, 11:42 AM
I'll be happy if he's not playing for the Pats anymore, but I can't take glory in great football careers ending early for health reasons- I hope he recovers and makes the best decision for himself and his family.
Which is retiring. :snicker:

:couch:

:jk:

Typ0
02-20-2005, 12:07 PM

I have to agree with that...even if they play for other teams players who excel the way Bruschi does are great to watch when you love football...they make the game better. I hate to see things like this happen. Brushci's performance throughout the playoffs last season was one of the best I've ever seen by a defender.

JayWood
02-20-2005, 01:00 PM
As much as I hate the Patriots i admire TB..the guy comes to play ever week, has a great work ethic, and plays the game for all the right reasons. I hope that his playing days are not numbered because of this stroke, however would hate to see something else happen to him and the results be even worse or even tragic. Wish him the best and hope he recovers soon!!

pats-were-right
02-20-2005, 02:11 PM
Which is retiring. :snicker:

:couch:

:jk:
\
OK that one bordered on "not cool"

thebuffalobills4
02-20-2005, 05:23 PM
:scared: even if it was a mild stroke ,he should not play because from my dads friend told me ,if you have a stroke ,you can't play the sport you play in because
if you do you could proably die.and that would suck for bruschi.yets just hope he is not going to be a idiot and play.

DynaPaul
02-20-2005, 11:16 PM
I wonder if karma is a factor in this? As I recall, he was talking **** after the Super Bowl win and those Patriots fans, well, let's just say that they haven't been a good example of "gracious winners"... Hopefully, Tedy makes a full recovery but things look to be heading downhill for this "dynasty" now. If I were Tedy I'd retire. He's got 3 rings, a load of money, and his health. Why risk it? The Pats aren't going to sniff the Super Bowl for a long time now.

jamze132
02-21-2005, 08:32 AM
I wish Bruschi well and hope he can come back.