This team will be essentially the same next year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

This team will be essentially the same next year.

Looking at clumps numbers, we are essentially screwed as for as upgrading this team.

7.5 mill? Now allocate 1.5 minimum for the rookie cap (oh yeah, folks forgot about that!) and we have 6 mill to spend. Out of 6 mill we need the following...

Backup QB
    STARTING Left Tackle
    Backup RB
    More OL help
    Better #3 WR
    Tight End help.

Not going to happen. What you see, minus Pat Williams, is what you will get.

My guess is this, We do the sheldon trade because we have no choice. No way we get a LT for anywhere near 3 mill per and NO Signing bonus. Either Shane Mathews is the backup or some washed up Neil O'donnell type will come in.

Backup RB? Not too sure who we can afford. I know I am not happy with S. Williams carrying the ball every down for 3-4 games if Willis gets hurt.

We still need more TE help as we don't have a starter one on this team regardless of what some fans think. TD and MM know this.

We have no #3 WR worth a crap and they know that too.

Pat Williams? No way in hell do we resign him. Too many needs on Offense. Why the hell did we Draft Anderson and why the hell extend Edwards contracts? it's time to PLAY these guys on a full time basis.

long story short, Unless a couple of players have contracts redone, Mike Williams, TKO, there is no way in hell we can get done what we need to on Offense this year. IF we re sign Pat williams we will be a top 3 D again....and miss the playoffs AGAIN this next year.
  • keithg
    • Jul 2002

that was one of the most depressing posts I've ever read...nice optimism!!!

Comment

• Big M
      • Jan 2004

Relax. TD is probably crunching numbers and redoing contracts as we speak. I'm aware of CP's cap page but I'm sure the Bills will still aquire a few UFA's in March. TD stated during the DB press conference that the Offense needed some help ,so you can bank on seeing some new faces within the next 2 months. It's all creative accounting.

Comment

• pleasesavedrew
        • Feb 2005

Im HAPPY this team is staying the same, this way we can finally build on sumthin because we wont have to adjust to any thing new besides JP
        Remember the past(11), embrace the future(7)

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Wait, I'm confused- I thought this team's only problem was Drew Bledsoe and now that we cut him, we're automatic Super Bowl winners. What gives?
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

"negged"

- LOG

Comment

• DaBills
              • Sep 2004

Where is the clutch kicker on that list? I'mfar more comfortable with Williams and Burns sharing duty for an injured WM than I am having Lindell on the team as an every down kicker. If things stay the same, and with a tougher schedule they may not, that means we end up being in some close games. Can we depend on Lindell then? Doubt it.
              “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

You are totally twisting Clump's numbers the wrong way. You are a fool if you believe that Mike Williams' numbers will be left alone and if you think that no other players will be released for some more cap. I think when TD is done with his contract stuff and releasing...he'll have about $10-12 million to spend.

Comment

• B-DON
                  hi
                  • Mar 2004

i think we should draft gore in the 6th round. nice change of pace with willis shaud and gore

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

Lets also not forget that these UFA contracts can be worked to have low effects this year and more the following. The cap number doesnt neccessairly mean we cant sign anybody.
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                      You are totally twisting Clump's numbers the wrong way. You are a fool if you believe that Mike Williams' numbers will be left alone and if you think that no other players will be released for some more cap. I think when TD is done with his contract stuff and releasing...he'll have about $10-12 million to spend.
                      Well then SHOW ME. We have 9 days until free agency. By then cap numbers need to be adjusted. When I SEE that these contracts have been redone and not more of Tefflon Toms 'We can live with it' bull **** then I will believe it

Comment

• The_Philster
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Well then SHOW ME. We have 9 days until free agency. By then cap numbers need to be adjusted. When I SEE that these contracts have been redone and not more of Tefflon Toms 'We can live with it' bull **** then I will believe it
                        cap numbers need to be adjusted before we sign anyone that puts us over the cap. At the start of free agency, we only need to be under the cap, which we are. We don't need all the ioffseason work done by then.
                        The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                          cap numbers need to be adjusted before we sign anyone that puts us over the cap. At the start of free agency, we only need to be under the cap, which we are. We don't need all the ioffseason work done by then.
                          EXACTLY!

Comment

• The Natrix
                            • Jul 2002

Worst thread of 2005!

You can't be $23 million under every year.

Byrd.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                              • May 2003

I think enough contracts will be reworked, plus overpaid players (compared to their productivity), e.g. Prioleau, released, that we'll have some decent cap room. Enough to address all of our needs? Probably not. Enough to keep us competitive? Certainly.

Why all the gloom and doom when the process is just starting?
                              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

Working...
                              X