PDA

View Full Version : How long until players pull out of the NHLPA?

Michael82
02-20-2005, 09:07 AM
Once these players that want to agree to a deal (no matter how much the cap is), realize that the NHLPA is not representing them the right way...some heads are going to roll. They are starting to realize that the they won't get a better deal in the summer, the offer from the NHL will only get worse. I heard that the NHL players who aren't in the top 5% of the payroll are already starting to ask questions. They want some kind of a vote. Their voice is not getting heard and they are the ones getting screwed. The guys that have the voice are the ones that can afford to lose a years worth of pay. But what about the smaller guys? I think it's only a matter of time until they start publicly *****ing for a change in their union and if not, I could see them leaving the union and playing with the NHL next year as replacements. There will be a lot of them too, if a deal doesn't get done soon IMO.

What do you think? :feedback:

Lone Stranger
02-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Your points are well taken. Their union has just taken a year of an exceptionally high salary and washed it down the drain. What did the players lose....$1.3billion??? Absolutely absurd. And what's in store for next year. The latest owners' offer would still have paid them quite well.

Michael82
02-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Your points are well taken. Their union has just taken a year of an exceptionally high salary and washed it down the drain. What did the players lose....$1.3billion??? Absolutely absurd. And what's in store for next year. The latest owners' offer would still have paid them quite well.
$1.3 billion?!!?!? :roflmao:

That's HILARIOUS! I can't wait until the owners really lowball them in the summer with a $30 million salary cap AND linkage between player salary and revenue. :snicker: That will be when the players will officially start the impasse thing and the replacements will begin. :up:

I heard a good quote from Bettman that I love... "We weren't as close as people were speculating," Bettman said. "If you raise that number 6.5 million times 30, it’s a 200 million difference."

Turf
02-20-2005, 10:44 AM
The owners refusal for revenue sharing is going to destroy the game regardless of a cap. The rich guys don't want to share even though it makes the entire league stronger. There's little in it for them in their opinion.

ticatfan
02-21-2005, 08:10 AM
The owner of the senetors has told the nhlpa to come to see him amd he will give them his books on the team and the corral centre,everything. He said he will not hold anything back.

Michael82
02-21-2005, 10:36 AM
The owner of the senetors has told the nhlpa to come to see him amd he will give them his books on the team and the corral centre,everything. He said he will not hold anything back.
I bet a lot of the teams would be willing to do that. If it proves a point, so be it. :up:

SabreEleven
02-21-2005, 11:38 AM
Bettman said in one of his news conference's that he invited Goodnowe and the NHLPA to look at all the owners books twice, but they refused both times.

A 3rd party should come in and do an audit so we know the owners aren't lying.

Novacane
02-21-2005, 03:16 PM
:lolpoint: NHL players..............dumb asses :loser:

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-21-2005, 03:36 PM
IMO - The owners feel they have put a huge dent in the NHLPA when they agreed to a cap. I think they went for the knockout punch on Saturday when they reopened negotiations. That is the only thing I can think when after 6 1/2 hours of talks and it seemed like a deal was going to get done, they came out with nothing. The owners have the players by the balls and they have scissors in the other hand. The players not taking the last deal will cost them.

If my union made my organization lose 1.3 billion I can tell you that heads would roll. Bob Goodenow needs to resign. The players will never get there way next year. As a matter of fact, I have said it before, when talks open up next August the cap figure will be more like $35 million. The players union really blew it.

Turf
02-21-2005, 08:16 PM
These ignorant bastards (NHL and NHLPA) make me sick. Did they spend a WHOLE 6 1/2 hours? Was that an ENTIRE 6 1/2 hours? What about Saturday night? What about Sunday morning? Sunday afternoon? What was it they had to do that was so important that they couldn't talk bout, um, er, HOCKEY and getting the season started? Where exactly was it they all had to run off to that was more important?
The potentially had 48 hours to negotiate.
They spent 4 months proving to each other they wouldn't flinch.
These are the biggest bunch of dumb bastards I have ever seen in my life.
3-4 months ago, they should have been locked in a room for hour upon hour negotiating. The incredible ignorance and hard headedness they display just gives us a perfect explaination of why they could not fix anything like officiating, clutching and grabbing, rule changes, all these years.
Because they are complete ****ing morons.

Myers57
02-21-2005, 09:53 PM
I know I know this is all terrible...

You are right about the vote idea, pretty soon thats what the NHLPA is going to resort to...

And honestly, who here thinks this issue will be resolved before next season?