PDA

View Full Version : The shout song...

4thAndLong
12-02-2002, 10:13 PM
Needs to go. It's the worst music I've heard since Candle in the wind.

What song should the shout song be? Should we change it?

Hell yes!

I dont care what they change it to, it doesn't get much worse than this shout song.

Michael82
12-02-2002, 11:30 PM
Oh man! What kind of song do you want? Eminem? Nelly? Ja Rule? Please dear God, NOOOO!!! Stick with tradition...it's the best way to go. :D

venis2k1
12-02-2002, 11:31 PM
i agree i like the shout song :usa:

clumping platelets
12-03-2002, 12:05 AM
Keep the Shout song

The_Philster
12-03-2002, 04:50 AM
Keep it...it works.

OpIv37
12-03-2002, 07:56 AM
Ok, here's my honest opinion on the shout song: It's incredibly cheesy and if I wasn't a Bills fan, I'd hate it (but that's as good a reason as any to keep it).

The point is- it's fun. 80,000 freezing cold drunk people screaming it at the top of their lungs- the whole stadium gets into it (except for the 4 Dolphins fans crying in the back of the nosebleed section). As long are the fans are enjoying it- keep it.

don137
12-03-2002, 08:01 AM
They tried to get of it a few years ago and the fans were in an uproar. If you know of a better song then let us know.

SABURZFAN
12-03-2002, 08:08 AM
didn't they get rid of the SHOUT song or change it in 93 or 94???i remember hearing about it somewhere.they did it in a preseason game and 50000 people booed.then they turned around and did it in the season opener and not only did the 80000+ people booed but so did the players.somebody on here has to know.

SABURZFAN
12-03-2002, 08:10 AM
i guess that my question was answered.

:rofl:

LtBillsFan66
12-03-2002, 08:13 AM
Are the Bills the only team that uses it? I heard the shout song played at other stadiums.

The Bills need something with a better fan callback. As corny as the J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets thing is - everyone, I mean everyone, does it.

Patrick76777
12-03-2002, 08:28 AM
Bite your tongue!

Are you mad!!!

Listen man, you have 80,000 people from all different backgrounds in that stadium. You need a song that will satisfy all parties. It’s bad enough that we have to listen to “Move, get out the way” at least 45 times a game, or have to suffer thru “Cotton Eyed Joe” at least once every Sabres game. What could you replace it with? Some Cheesy Hard Rap/Rock song from Limp Biscuit? Or maybe we can just go straight hard rap. It just would be too difficult to appease all parties. Stick with the tradition. Shout song forever.

LtBillsFan66
12-03-2002, 08:37 AM
I say keep the shout song but come up with some sort of new chant.

Dozerdog
12-03-2002, 09:09 AM
I always liked "Who let the Dogs out" myself

THATHURMANATOR
12-03-2002, 09:34 AM
A new chant would be cool but I am all about tradition:

SHOUT SONG 4 LIFE!!!!!!

JayWood
12-03-2002, 09:55 AM
When I returned from my first trip to the Ralph a few years ago the first question i was asked by people was, whats it like to here that song after the bills score? It is cheesy, but who cares, its tradition, we are known for having, and if its not broken dont fix it. Stay with the song!!

AG75
12-03-2002, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
Bite your tongue!

Are you mad!!!

Listen man, you have 80,000 people from all different backgrounds in that stadium. You need a song that will satisfy all parties. It’s bad enough that we have to listen to “Move, get out the way” at least 45 times a game, or have to suffer thru “Cotton Eyed Joe” at least once every Sabres game. What could you replace it with? Some Cheesy Hard Rap/Rock song from Limp Biscuit? Or maybe we can just go straight hard rap. It just would be too difficult to appease all parties. Stick with the tradition. Shout song forever.

I cannot stand that "Move, get out the way" song and I had a feeling it was being overplayed at the Ralph because everytime I watch a home game I hear that song. They play that song over and over on a radio station here called Wild 101.1, and I hear it at work all the time too. Ugh.

I like the Shout song, and it is tradition. It imho is part of the home turf experience, and you know when it is being played it gets under the skin of the opposing team and fans, and that is what is so great about it ;) We have had the Shout song FOREVER, and I think we should stick with it. Any other stadiums that play the song are the "unoriginal" ones, not us.

BFBills
12-03-2002, 04:02 PM
it is the best song ever!

4thAndLong
12-03-2002, 04:37 PM
Whats tradition if the song sounds totally blows.

Dont get rid of it, just change it. Make some better lyrics, music, something.

TedMock
12-03-2002, 04:54 PM
Let's bring back "Talkin' Proud"

AG75
12-03-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by TedMock
Let's bring back "Talkin' Proud"

Absolutely ;)

The Buffalo jokes just have not been severe enough, lets bring back that little GEM!

lordofgun
12-03-2002, 06:05 PM
"Move, get out the way" was very fitting after those long Ricky TD runs. It should be our Defense's theme song.

venis2k1
12-03-2002, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
didn't they get rid of the SHOUT song or change it in 93 or 94???i remember hearing about it somewhere.they did it in a preseason game and 50000 people booed.then they turned around and did it in the season opener and not only did the 80000+ people booed but so did the players.somebody on here has to know.

i remember that, Ralph didnt want to pay for the rights to the song, so he paid some guy to make a crappy knock off and everybody(including the players) booed it. "Shout" was back for the very next game.

SABURZFAN
12-03-2002, 06:41 PM
i didn't know what the circumstances were.i was living in vegas.it doesn't surprise me that the Ol' Senile One was trying to get out of paying something.he's been doing it for years.

vabillsfan
12-04-2002, 11:25 AM
Shout is cool - leave it be. The coolest song out there has to be the Hail to the Redskins. Hate them and hate hearing the hype here in the DC area but Hail to the Redskins is way cool. If we could get something like that it would work.

Just don't let Marv Levy write it again! Remember that??

If you bring back Talkin Proud, bring back the WHAMMIE WEENIE!

Judge
12-04-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong
Needs to go. It's the worst music I've heard since Candle in the wind.

What song should the shout song be? Should we change it?

Hell yes!

I dont care what they change it to, it doesn't get much worse than this shout song.

How old are you? You must be young, because anyone who's been around since 1986 knows how enjoyable and traditional that song has become.

TedMock
12-04-2002, 12:09 PM
Hail to the Redskins is hands down the worst stadium song I've ever heard. There's no excitement to it whatsoever. A stadium song has to be either fun, exciting or tough. Shout is obviously more on the fun side. Hail to the Redskins is so gay.

Cliff Klaven
12-04-2002, 12:18 PM
Maybe they could change the song to "More than a Feeling"?? Maybe for just the weekend when the Pats come in.

TrendiChick
12-04-2002, 04:22 PM
The Miami Dolphins song is by far one of the worst.......... SHout should stay it is tradition and there is nothing like hearing the whole stadium sing it........... Denver was playing the real Shout after their TD's a few weeks ago - I was not happy - they ended up losing - that is what happens when you STEAL.

I like Move - but they play about one verse over and over again...... It is used at almost every stadium, especially in Atlanta (where Ludacris is from) and New Orleans (where Mystikal is from)...... plus the players request it.

Valerie
12-04-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by TedMock Hail to the Redskins is hands down the worst stadium song I've ever heard. There's no excitement to it whatsoever. A stadium song has to be either fun, exciting or tough. Shout is obviously more on the fun side. Hail to the Redskins is so gay.
:clap: I COMPLETELY agree with you, Ted. Hail to the Redskins is a totally lame @ss, crappy song. :down: But, everyone down here knows it and they play it on ALL the radio stations after a Skins win. I hate everything about the Redskins, but I will say that once you get that damn song in your head, it's hard ot get it out! And, thanks to you, I'm sitting here right now singing it i my mind!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Someone please shoot me! :chuckle:

Trendi, did you see Patrick on Sunday? Phil pointed you out to me. Damn, girl, you must've been a total ice cube! I was thrilled to see you guys put on the other pair of pants and the jackets. :) You girls did a great job on Sunday, unfortunately I think Jim Kelly out did you guys. He really had the crowd going. It was great to see. :) Next time you girls need to tell him that it's your job to motivate the crowd, not his. lol ;)

TrendiChick
12-04-2002, 07:47 PM
We were toasty the 2nd half!!!! And yes - Jim was quite a motivator out there!!!

The_Philster
12-04-2002, 08:33 PM
Were those outfits a surprise or something, Trendi? The way Julie talked on Friday, the outfits you had on during the first half were about all you would have.

4thAndLong
12-05-2002, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Judge

How old are you? You must be young, because anyone who's been around since 1986 knows how enjoyable and traditional that song has become.

It's traditional, but everything changes.

Dont get me wrong, I love tradition...

How many of you actually like the song?

I'm not talking about tradition, just the song itself?

Change it around a bit, change the lyrics, the music.

BFBills
12-05-2002, 04:38 PM
MEE!
I love the song!
People around the league respect it!(unlike "It is going to hail on the redskins")

lordofgun
12-05-2002, 04:41 PM
I liked that FISH HEADS song they played after the game was over. :D

4thAndLong
12-05-2002, 05:05 PM
No one around the league respects it.

THATHURMANATOR
12-05-2002, 06:26 PM
How do you know?

Drewpac
12-05-2002, 06:30 PM
I like the "Shout Song". I know I respect it! And it gets me so pumped up when they play it!:)

4thAndLong
12-05-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
How do you know?

Many articles from players, and fans from other boards.

Most recent is the Jason Taylor article someone posted up around here. It was about him liking to play in Buffalo.

lordofgun
12-05-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by 4thAndLong

Many articles from players, and fans from other boards.

Most recent is the Jason Taylor article someone posted up around here. It was about him liking to play in Buffalo.

I bet he didn't like it that much on Sunday!

Jason Taylor:loblo:BILLS

BFBills
12-06-2002, 04:19 PM
it si respected because i took one of my freinds (who happens to be a pish-posh fan)to the game and he didn't say something like he would usually say.
(like "this song is gay")

lordofgun
12-06-2002, 06:06 PM
I wish I had a pish-posh friend.

The_Philster
12-06-2002, 06:13 PM
You wish you had a friend....period

;)

lordofgun
12-06-2002, 06:34 PM
:sadwalk:

The_Philster
12-06-2002, 06:38 PM
:rofl: Well, if you had actually shown up Sunday before J7 and I had left......slacker. :D

BFBills
12-08-2002, 10:01 AM
:)