• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EM Bills Fan 80
    Let's Go Buffalo!
    • Mar 2003

Bills Wish list Topped by Vinatieri

Scroll down to Bills part 3/4 of ther way down

That should provide the team with enough room to fix its biggest weakness, the offensive line. But according to reliable sources, the player who might top the Bills' free agent wish list is New England kicker Adam Vinatieri.
  • regor
    • Jul 2002

Makes sense if they are going to try and win with defense, running game and special teams. I'll still believe it when I see it. He's not going to be cheap.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

if there was ever a kicker that i think is worth paying top dollar too.. it his this guy..

him having a bad game is when the ball hooks to the left or right.. but still goes in.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
        All-Pro Zoner
        • Jan 2004

yeah the Patidiots off even more heck we got Lawyer Milloy. Robert Kraft wasn't happy when we signed Milloy imagine how mad he would be if we signed V he would lose his best K that won him three SB's in a row pick up the TD and get this deal done fast when FA starts bye bye Rian Lindell
        Last edited by BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan; 02-20-2005, 06:16 PM.

Comment

• lordofgun
          in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

I'd take him, but this seems like pure speculation.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Bufftp
            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
            I'd take him, but this seems like pure speculation.
            that's because it is.
            Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
            "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
            Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
            - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
            to be led by permanent ideals -
            that is what keeps a man patient
            when the world ignores him,
            and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Beastmaster
              Hall of Fame Zoner
              • Feb 2005

He's the best kicker in the league. If we signed him that's about 4 automatic wins for us next season.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                • Mar 2003

Or it at least keeps us from losing 2 games.
                "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                  • Jul 2003

Originally posted by EM Bills Fan 80
                  http://www.nj.com/sports/times/index...7611208131.xml

Scroll down to Bills part 3/4 of ther way down

That should provide the team with enough room to fix its biggest weakness, the offensive line. But according to reliable sources, the player who might top the Bills' free agent wish list is New England kicker Adam Vinatieri.
                  I have almost 1400 zonebucks in the bank, and I'll bet all of them against anyone who thinks Vinatieri will get a chance to sign with anyone. If the Pats don't reach an agreement with him by Tuesday, he is absolutely certain to be franchised.

The last time Vinatieri was scheduled to be a free agent the Pats franchised him and then later signed him to a 3-year deal. They are not about to lose him now.

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by NE39
                    I have almost 1400 zonebucks in the bank, and I'll bet all of them against anyone who thinks Vinatieri will get a chance to sign with anyone. If the Pats don't reach an agreement with him by Tuesday, he is absolutely certain to be franchised.

The last time Vinatieri was scheduled to be a free agent the Pats franchised him and then later signed him to a 3-year deal. They are not about to lose him now.
                    Agreed- and if the Pats let him go, it's cuz he's washed up. The only good player that's gotten away from that team is Milloy.

I'd love to have him on the Bills, but it ain't gonna happen. So time for a new "club"- ABL- Anybody But Lindell.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Devin
                      The Octagon
                      • Apr 2003

Yeah there is absolutley no chance that happens.
                      http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Charlieguide
                        Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
                        • Feb 2004

I don't see what Vinatieri would have to gain by going to another team. He's one of the highest-paid and most respected kickers in the league, on a perennial contender (won't say the "D" word for a few more years, personally), in a beautiful -- if expensive -- city. It would take a lot of money to lure him away, if it's even possible at all. And at some point, you're just paying a K too much, no matter how good he is.

I still say they draft Nugent in round 2.
                        The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

drafting a kicker on the first day of the draft is a good way to lose your job and fans..

sorry, but if the bills draft nuggent or anyone else, including jesus himself, on day one.. i will drive to buffalo and blow the stadium up...
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Charlieguide
                            Learning that we're only immortal for a limited time
                            • Feb 2004

I'd usually agree, but have you seen the kid kick? Cool as ice. He will go on day one, mark my words. It might as well be us, since it's by far the position of highest need. Every D position is filled, OL will probably be solved in FA, and WRs are always deep.
                            The best is yet to come, and the rest is history. -- Oval Opus

Comment

• DaBills
                              • Sep 2004

While I'd love it, he ain't signing with Buffalo. The Pats would move to Hartford first before that ever happened.

And if we need a kicker to win 25% of our games because we can't score TD's, then we're in trouble anyway.
                              “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

Working...
                              X