• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mightyspaz
    Short, Furry and Cold
    • Mar 2004

SpAz (part II) Returns

Hey All! I haven't been on since last offseason, but I have returned because this is, by far, the best place for up-to-date Bills Info! ... Man, just when you think your up to date on things, and then you log on the bills site to see that TD announced to drop Drew. My initial thought was, " I need to start checking up on BillsZone again". I won't say I'm dissapointed that he's gone, but I do feel sorry for him. He may not have been getting it done, but he was a great leader and individual. Does anyone know if they offered him the option to retire? Anyways ... Evans, McGahee, Our D, and Mularky all proved themselves this season. As long as Losman steps up and creates some offense, we will have STRONG playoff ability next year! I think we can definatly use Henry as trade bait. Here's to a productive offseason!
    ThE MiGhTy SpAz
    - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.
  • BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

wow
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

welcome back. I think dumping Bledsoe was a move that had to be made, but I also think that we're completely screwed with a rookie QB. No playoffs in '05, '06 maybe, and by '07 we're rebuilding again.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DynaPaul
        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by mightyspaz
        He may not have been getting it done, but he was a great leader and individual.
        Great leader? Hardly! I never got the impression that the other players on offense truly believed in him.

Comment

• mightyspaz
          Short, Furry and Cold
          • Mar 2004

OpIv - I definately think the palyoffs are a reachable goal. but we do have to do it now, while we can keep this aging defense together.

DevilPaul - On second thought, you're right. I missused the context of leader. I meant that he was more support emotionally. In the press transcripts TD talks about how Drew taught him things like dealing with losses and such. I don't know, maybe I'm talking out of my ass (which isn't an unusual thing) I just think he was a class individual and I believe that he gave his heart and soul out on the field; he just couldn't get it down. I wish he'd just retire. Come to think of it, maybe he was cut so he can sign with New England and retire. Who knows?
          ThE MiGhTy SpAz
          - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

mightyspaz - Regarding your signature, I think Super Bowl XXV was Jan. 27, 1991.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
              Legendary Zoner
              • Jul 2002

Spaz, you still owe me $$ for our Aiken bet.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by mightyspaz
                DevilPaul - On second thought, you're right. I missused the context of leader. I meant that he was more support emotionally. In the press transcripts TD talks about how Drew taught him things like dealing with losses and such. I don't know, maybe I'm talking out of my ass (which isn't an unusual thing) I just think he was a class individual and I believe that he gave his heart and soul out on the field; he just couldn't get it down. I wish he'd just retire. Come to think of it, maybe he was cut so he can sign with New England and retire. Who knows?
                No doubt that Drew is a classy guy and great individual. Unfortunately, he doesn't get paid to be a nice guy, he gets paid to win. Drew never took the time to hone his skills in the offseason, instead he relied on his strong arm and rep. He did help us out in his first year after bringing stability to the QB position after the disastrous Flutie/Johnson War and re-energizing the fan base. It's too bad it didn't work out. Now is the time to cut the losses and Drew should have seen it coming especially after his performance in the season before last year.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
                  Spaz, you still owe me $$ for our Aiken bet.
                  you sure you have the right spaz? Spaz isn't back yet. This is mightyspaz, it's a different poster.

Comment

• mightyspaz
                    Short, Furry and Cold
                    • Mar 2004

I am sorry ... you are correct Jan. I was 9 years old so my memory is a bit fuzzy ... lol
                    ThE MiGhTy SpAz

Comment

Working...
                    X