X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Better without Bledsoe

A very significant story for the future of Drew Bledsoe in Buffalo happened, of all times, during the coin flip before the season's last game against Pittsburgh.

Big game for Buffalo. Very big. A win over Pittsburgh, which would be resting some of its stalwarts, and the Bills were still in the playoff hunt. Winds were whipping up pretty strong that day -- 17 mph. Before he walked out to midfield for the flip, Bledsoe was advised by coaches to choose to defend the east goal if Pittsburgh won the toss and elected to receive. That way, the Steelers wouldn't be wind-aided when they took the ball. Pittsburgh won the toss. Pittsburgh elected to receive. Bledsoe said Buffalo would defend the west goal.
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

What a hater he is
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

Just another bad "audible"
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• regor
        • Jul 2002

Nah, Bledsoes not arrogant

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

the coaches got him a stop watch but they forgot to get Drew a compass too.
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• regor
            • Jul 2002

Great article. After reading that I'm more convinced than ever they made the right move dumping him

Comment

• ScottLawrence
              • Jan 2004

Just another Drew like decision that back fired in a big game.

I don't care how bad Losman struggles, we made the right decision in dumping him.
              You're right, I am a coward! I haven't any courage at all. I even scare myself.

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by ScottLawrence
                Just another Drew like decision that back fired in a big game.

I don't care how bad Losman struggles, we made the right decision in dumping him.
                I think we made the right decision in dumping him, but I do care if Losman struggles. This team has too much talent and I'm gonna be pissed at Losman if he plays poorly and even more pissed at the front office and coaching staff for handing the most important position on the team to a virtual rookie.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• DaBills
                  • Sep 2004

" The Bills wanted Bledsoe to think short, but often he wouldn't."

Holy S---. Vindicated by Peter King. Never thought I'd see the day. ;-p

I always felt Drew's ego would never allow him to work the short game. He's got a big arm, and big arm QB's don't dink and dunk. Ironically, he seemed to do better when he did hit those screens and check-offs to keep drives moving.

Oh well. Hey Dallas fans, get ready. You'll love him. When you start seeing the sacks, just repeat: 'That's ok - he's a great character guy.'
                  “The Bills: better than the record indicates.”

Comment

• BillsFever21
                    • Aug 2004

This just shows how stupid and the size of his ego is. He takes it upon himself to make the decision instead of listening to what his boss told him to do. I guess Bledsoe thinks he's a coach or something.

My conspiracy theory:

Bledsoe was still a Patriot at heart amd accepted the trade to Buffalo in a conspiracy with the Patriots to make sure that he helped keep Buffalo from being a contender and challenging them for the division.

I'm know iit didn't happen but it's a nice conspiracy basing it off of how he played for 3 years.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

Bledsoe hasn't played within a system for years. He's a 1 trick pony that always looks for the big play instead of taking what the defense will give him.

There's gotta be a reason this guy has had 7 different OC's in his career. Everyone kept false hope that a new system would make him better but there isn't a system out there to fit Bledsoe anymore.

Originally posted by DaBills
                      " The Bills wanted Bledsoe to think short, but often he wouldn't."

Holy S---. Vindicated by Peter King. Never thought I'd see the day. ;-p

I always felt Drew's ego would never allow him to work the short game. He's got a big arm, and big arm QB's don't dink and dunk. Ironically, he seemed to do better when he did hit those screens and check-offs to keep drives moving.

Oh well. Hey Dallas fans, get ready. You'll love him. When you start seeing the sacks, just repeat: 'That's ok - he's a great character guy.'

Comment

• Big M
                        • Jan 2004

Drew was a class act off the field and a dunderhead on the field. The problem was many fans couldn't get by his Deity status to see he wasn't playing good football anymore. Blaming others became the norm.

Of course the Bills made the right decision.

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

So, he's a classy ******?
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Historian
                            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                            My conspiracy theory:

Bledsoe was still a Patriot at heart and accepted the trade to Buffalo in a conspiracy with the Patriots to make sure that he helped keep Buffalo from being a contender and challenging them for the division.

He is right about one thing though. That stadium creates a vortex with the wind. Just when you think you've got it pegged, the direction changes.

Still, the idiot has been playing games there for 11 years...he should already have known this and trusted his coaches.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                              • Jul 2003

My favorite part of the article was this quote by Tom Brady:

"To be the highest-paid, or anything like that, is not going to make me feel any better," he said. "That's not what makes me happy. In this game, the more one player gets, the more he takes away from what others can get. Is it going to make me feel any better to make an extra million, which, after you take everything [taxes and other deductions] away, is about $500,000? That million might be more important to the team."

That might be the first time that sentiment was expressed by a professional athlete. I hope he puts his money where his mouth is.

Comment

Working...
                              X