PDA

View Full Version : Think we could lure Brian Griese here?

ublinkwescore
02-21-2005, 12:06 AM
He hasn't been a bonafide starter since he's left Denver - he might swallow his pride and not mind carrying a clipboard if Tampa Bay cuts his underachieving @$$.

What do you guys think?

LarryBoy
02-21-2005, 12:37 AM
Id pass

mightyspaz
02-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Meh ... Don't think so ...

BillsFever21
02-21-2005, 03:07 AM
Hell yeah I'd take him as a backup. There is much worse out there.

I'd be surprised if Tampa cut Griese unless they wanna give Simms a shot. Griese played pretty good last year after he took over as the starting QB.

In 12 starts he completed 69.3 of his passes with 20 TD's and 12 INT's. He played pretty solid. I'd take him to backup Losman in a heartbeat.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/12409

Jayhawk
02-21-2005, 06:20 AM
I'd take Bubby Brister

Jan Reimers
02-21-2005, 06:30 AM
He'll be way too expensive. I think he's a very good QB who will be starting somewhere next year.

colin
02-21-2005, 07:05 AM
i'd think he'd be the poor man's brees this off season -- younger with ability.

warner, garcia, and drew will round out the off season crop as the older vets, vinnie will prolly be out there too.

i see drew in dallas, warner might go to KC (behind that super line and in that system he might be able to do some damage)

greese and garcia will prolly start.

i think the RBs and QBs out there this year will be snapped up quickly, i keep thinking green bay will drop some cash on breese.

will be interesting

Jayhawk
02-21-2005, 08:19 AM
I'd take RJ and Fluite back. ;)

The_Philster
02-21-2005, 09:27 AM
I'd take RJ and Fluite back. ;)

NEGGED

Ickybaluky
02-21-2005, 09:39 AM
I always liked Griese since that Monday night game in 2000 where he separated his throwing shoulder during the game, but finished out the game (which the Broncos won). I think he showed uncommon toughness and leadership, playing through a separated throwing shoulder. He was in his 3rd season with a QB Rating over 100 after 10 games, to go with a 19-to-4 TD-to-Int ratio.

After that game he was IR'ed for the season and wasn't the same. A separated throwing shoulder is a tough injury for a QB, and it took a year or two for Griese to get his armstrength back. Then he had some off-field issues -- rumors of drinking and tripping over his dog and such.

However, last year he looked like the player he was early in his career with Denver. Whether Tampa signs him or he goes elsewhere, he is going to be a good QB for someone. He is going to start in this league and do well. He is more mature now, but still young enough (he'll be 29 this season) to have a team commit to him long-term.

It wouldn't surprise me if Dallas pushes hard for Griese, if Tampa is unable to restructure his contract and be forced to releas him. Everyone has them signing Bledsoe, but Griese is a lot better and I know Parcells likes him a lot.

tampabay25690
02-21-2005, 09:49 AM
He hasn't been a bonafide starter since he's left Denver - he might swallow his pride and not mind carrying a clipboard if Tampa Bay cuts his underachieving @$$.

What do you guys think?

I would love to get him here, but I still think he will be in Tampa. I watched him all year last year and he looked pretty good, I still think he is a decent starter in the NFL. But I dont see him in Buffalo as a backup...