PDA

View Full Version : TEs to go after

mysticsoto
02-21-2005, 01:46 PM
Given that they have announced that Campbell will not be recoved until training camp has started (and even then may not be 100%) it is likely that the Bills will probably go after another tight end. Who are your preferences?

Personally, mine is Jermaine Wiggens...but I wouldn't be upset if we got Bubba Franks either...

Marvelous
02-21-2005, 02:21 PM
I like Freddie Jones because he is a recieving TE and if JP is running for his life he can be a safety valve since our FB is not much of a catching threat.
As long as we don't seek a blocking TE.....

mysticsoto
02-22-2005, 08:24 AM
Bubba Franks was franchised, so he might be out of the picture. It's been mentioned that Pollard from Indy might be released. He might be a good prospect...

Tatonka
02-22-2005, 08:29 AM
pollard would be great.

Dozerdog
02-22-2005, 08:32 AM
Look at all the great Pittsburgh TE's the past 15 years......

*cough* *cough*

If anything, guys like Jason Peters- big blocking TE's fit thre Mularkey mold. Now that Bledsoe is gone, the importance of a pass catching TE in this offense goes down, and the premium on blocking goes up.

Kleinsausser- a FA last season and injured this season, is the type Mularkey likes.

Jan Reimers
02-22-2005, 08:40 AM
Jeb Putzier, whom I know nothing about, is a young (3 years in the league) TE with Denver who rates 3 stars on the Bills Report's FA Tracker. He's intriguing because most of the 3 and 4 star guys are older.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
02-22-2005, 08:45 AM
I think the guy from Pittsburgh...Eric Green...was a lot like Jason Peters.....Huge, Fast, good hands etc...
Another one in the same mold is Brandon Manumaleuna (sp?) from St. Louis...

Dozerdog
02-22-2005, 09:03 AM
Bubba Franks was franchised, so he might be out of the picture. It's been mentioned that Pollard from Indy might be released. He might be a good prospect...
They put the transition tag on him- similar to Cincy and Spikes 2 seasons ago

The Spaz
02-22-2005, 09:07 AM
As was previously mentioned a TE who can block and just be adequate in this offense is what we need.

TheGhostofJimKelly
02-22-2005, 09:53 AM
My thinking is that TD wouldn't look to the big name guys. I would think he would look towards players like Anthony Becht, Stephen Alexander, Patrick Hape, or even Itila Mula. Somewhere along those lines.

Kerr
02-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Anthony Becht.

Farley
02-22-2005, 10:26 AM
Its unlikely that Peters will ever get the chance to prove himself at TE which is too bad because apparently the guy has some of the best hands around.

ryjam282
02-22-2005, 10:42 AM
I think Itula Mili would be a good one. He isn't a bad blocker at all and has some good hands.

Marvelous
02-22-2005, 11:29 AM
Jeb Putzier, whom I know nothing about, is a young (3 years in the league) TE with Denver who rates 3 stars on the Bills Report's FA Tracker. He's intriguing because most of the 3 and 4 star guys are older.
I saw him play in a couple Denver games and i believe a preseason game against us. He is huge like Kyle Brady/Riemersma. Drag the pile type. I'm all about it..

mysticsoto
02-22-2005, 11:37 AM
I saw him play in a couple Denver games and i believe a preseason game against us. He is huge like Kyle Brady/Riemersma. Drag the pile type. I'm all about it..
Then why doesn't Denver want him?

ShadowHawk7
02-22-2005, 12:03 PM

I'd take him or Jones in a heartbeat to compete at TE, these guys are underrated receivers.

Ickybaluky
02-22-2005, 12:04 PM
Denver does want him and they are trying to sign him to a long-term extension. They are very high on him.

Putzier is a restricted free agent likely to be tagged at a medium level, which would require a 1st round pick as compensation. He was originally a 6th round pick.