PDA

View Full Version : Bills Insider/Shout magazine/newspaper

Marvelous
02-21-2005, 03:32 PM
I haven't subscribed in over a year. I did like the new content since they switched from Shout to Insider. But due to money i didn't renew my subscription because what info can they tell me that i can't read on the net?

Is it worth the money to subscribe?

clumping platelets
02-21-2005, 10:10 PM
I still get it but I truly believe the content is watered down and maybe even "controlled" by the Bills. In the past, Shout! had a reasonably detailed cap breakdown, but haven't seen it the past 2 seasons. Hmmmm....

Dozerdog
02-21-2005, 10:56 PM
I haven't subscribed in over a year. I did like the new content since they switched from Shout to Insider. But due to money i didn't renew my subscription because what info can they tell me that i can't read on the net?

Is it worth the money to subscribe?
I had it for a year- it was pretty good- but there isn't a lot of "News" in it- most of it is background on players & coaches, not much critical analyzing of the team, ect..

They do a very good job scouting the upcoming opponent, but from what I remember - if you live outside of New York it's questionable if you will get it before gametime.

Historian
02-22-2005, 06:00 AM
They do a very good job scouting the upcoming opponent, but from what I remember - if you live outside of New York it's questionable if you will get it before gametime.

That's true. Down in Florida, sometimes they were two weeks late, lol.

On the plus side, it usually has a lot of historical stuff in it. Where are they now? type suff, FYI.

Jan Reimers
02-22-2005, 07:02 AM
Is this the same as Bills Digest, which is associated with www.BillsReport.com? I subscribe, and right now the web site has a great Free Agent Tracker going.

Marvelous
02-22-2005, 08:20 AM
Thanks.

*There was nothing worse then getting it on a monday or tuesday breaking down 101 ways to beat the Jets when we just lost on sunday. GRR!

illusionone
02-22-2005, 08:32 AM
I have been a subscriber for the past 3 years, and opted not to renew this year. I always rcvd it a week late (I live in MA) and very rarely do I ever read something that I didn't already know. I stoped getting SI, Sporting News as well. What's the point, When you have sites like the Bills Zone and the internet in general, you get all of the news instantly and free to boot.

I also found Shout/insider to be extremley over priced for the type of material it provided. For the money they wanted there should have been more exclusive interviews and behind the scenes material that would could not be found elsewhere.

My two cents!

Thanks.

*There was nothing worse then getting it on a monday or tuesday breaking down 101 ways to beat the Jets when we just lost on sunday. GRR!

The_Philster
02-22-2005, 05:02 PM
I have been a subscriber for the past 3 years, and opted not to renew this year. I always rcvd it a week late (I live in MA) and very rarely do I ever read something that I didn't already know. I stoped getting SI, Sporting News as well. What's the point, When you have sites like the Bills Zone and the internet in general, you get all of the news instantly and free to boot.

I also found Shout/insider to be extremley over priced for the type of material it provided. For the money they wanted there should have been more exclusive interviews and behind the scenes material that would could not be found elsewhere.

My two cents!

I couldn't agree more. I had Shout!/Bills Digest from late 93 thru the middle of last season...It was a waste of money for me the last couple of years. :idunno:

Marvelous
02-22-2005, 05:11 PM
The post above about the great draft prospects and the issue after the draft have always been good. I have been a Mike Mcmahan(Rutgers/Lions) fan ever since that draft when Shout did a 2 page spread on the kid.

The_Philster
02-22-2005, 06:02 PM
The post above about the great draft prospects and the issue after the draft have always been good. I have been a Mike Mcmahan(Rutgers/Lions) fan ever since that draft when Shout did a 2 page spread on the kid.

Yeah..those are good issues to have...I'll probably pick those up at the newsstand...but leave the rest