PDA

View Full Version : Bubba Franks get Transition Tag

Canadian'eh!
02-21-2005, 07:27 PM
not impossible, but it just got harder to sign a guy that could have really helped out our TE core. especially with Campbell and Euhus questionable for the start of next year.

Franks Tagged per ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=1996828)

ArcticWildMan
02-21-2005, 07:28 PM
We have more pressing needs than going after him.

buffalofan19
02-21-2005, 07:35 PM
We have more pressing needs than going after him.
I agree... but the Bills do need to pick up a TE somewhere along the line. Yes Campbell and Euhus are good, but they both messed up their knees quite badly. Their health could cause the Bills some problems next year (Neufeld won't cut it as a starter).

Ickybaluky
02-21-2005, 07:55 PM
There is talk the Colts may have to release Marcus Pollard. They just re-signed RT Ryan Diem for big money (7 Yrs/$36M, $10M in option and SB), and are going to place the franchise tag on Edgerrin James. That means Pollard may be too expensive to keep, considering they have a good, young TE in Dallas Clark.

Marvelous
02-21-2005, 08:13 PM
There has been alot of surprises(Rumors) so far this offseason. I stud TE getting cut won't surprise me.
TE wish list in no order-
-Pollard
-Mcmichaels
-Becht
-Wiggens
-Franks
-Stevens
-Freddie Jones
-Schobel ;)

- i was able to talk to Kyle Brady right before the superbowl in Jacksonville and i told him we would welcome him with open arms in Buff, and he asked me what we(fans) thought of Cambell. I said" although he is decent i feel a upgrade is needed and Cambell is the type to understand imo.
-Brady seemed optamistic<spell .. woot..