PDA

View Full Version : JP Losman's head coach at Tulane Chris Scelfo was on Sports Xtra last night WGRZ Ch2

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
02-21-2005, 09:48 PM
Stu: Red flags started flying when J.P. Losman debuted against New England last season he was awful. J.P. had opened the door for second guessers because he didn't look prepared. His college coach Chris Scelfo says don't worry J.P. will be ready for his big chance.
CS: He speaks his mind he's very competive, he wants to win and more importantly he wants everyone around him to give him everything they can give to be successful and he'll lead by example. He's going to be the first one in the weight room and last one to leave, he'll be there whenever they're required to be there, he's not going to take much time off Mike's going have to tell him to take some time off so he doesn't get burned out but you know that's the type of guy he is.
Stu: Preperation won't be an issue for J.P. but he will do things that make coaches wonder what he's thinking!
CS: He's going to frustrate those guys because he does things that are unorthadox at times and Tom will pull his hair out, Sam will pull his hair out at times. He'll do some bonehead things that at the time he does them you can't understand why he did them.
Stu: It's what Losman does when things don't go the way they're supposed to that makes him so intriging!.
CS: The one thing J.P. always been able to do is he can take a bad play and make it into a good play he may not make the right check everyime as no QB would. But if something breaks down there's a chance he make a homerun out of it and more times than not he'll make the coach look real good.
Stu: Losman didn't play behind the strongest offensive line at Tulane sometimes he tried to do too much by himself. Scelfo believes Losman knows he can't get away with that in the NFL.
CS: We needed him to get first downs he wanted to score touchdowns when he took off and ran. I think obviously with him now on that level he'll have a better understanding of it. But it took us a while to break him of you know sliding and running out of bounds it's O.K. and I really believe that he'll do a better job starting out of that than he did with us.
Stu: The BILLS have put there faith in Losman believing that he can take them to the places Drew Bledsoe couldn't few if any are as the're first yr. QB's as Ben Roethlisburger was for Pittsburgh last season.
CS: Can he win yes! I don't know if he can win 12-13 whatever Roethlisburger won but because a lot of things have to factor that staying healthy, the cast around, the turnovers, the managing of the game how do the coaches going to do it, what kind of defense are you going to play that's unrealistic to put that type of burden on any QB.

Stu: is Stu Boyer from Ch. 2 Sports and SC: is Chris Scelfo tulane's head football coach

Marvelous
02-21-2005, 10:00 PM
Interesting read.... Thanks for posting it..

**Is it me or does JP's jersey on that card look like a different blue? maybe lighter? Maybe i'm just tired.

Farley
02-22-2005, 02:07 AM

**Is it me or does JP's jersey on that card look like a different blue? maybe lighter? Maybe i'm just tired.I actually think it looks better.

The_Philster
02-22-2005, 03:11 AM

**Is it me or does JP's jersey on that card look like a different blue? maybe lighter? Maybe i'm just tired.

it's the sunlight is all

The Natrix
02-22-2005, 04:28 AM
Rays. Lots of them. Spectrum

mybills
02-22-2005, 06:00 AM
<b>CS: The one thing J.P. always been able to do is he can take a bad play and make it into a good play he may not make the right check everyime as no QB would. But if something breaks down there's a chance he make a homerun out of it and more times than not he'll make the coach look real good.</b>

I am SSSSSSOOOOOOOOO ready for this it hurts!

ICE74129
02-22-2005, 06:13 AM
Guys if that ain't Brett Favre they are describeing I don't know what is :-) I remember 'Can we please stop with the rocketballs now' From Holmgren. That is still one of my favorite clips.

CajunBillsBacker
02-22-2005, 07:33 AM
Guys if that ain't Brett Favre they are describeing I don't know what is :-) I remember 'Can we please stop with the rocketballs now' From Holmgren. That is still one of my favorite clips.

My thoughts exactly! Favre has been a master of making bonehead plays by trying to do too much, but he has more than made up for it.

DC Tom
02-22-2005, 08:47 AM
I think it's a little premature to annoint him the next coming of Favre. Personally, he sounds as much like Jake Plummer as Favre to me...