PDA

View Full Version : Cowart the invisible man

Pride
08-02-2002, 07:23 AM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.cfm

COWART THE INVISIBLE MAN

A league source tells us that some of the Jets players openly are wondering why the team signed linebacker Sam Cowart.

Cowart, who has been spending most of his time in the training room, is still rehabbing his ruptured Achilles' tendon.

As a result, he barely comes out for practice, and it's prompting some players to question the wisdom of bringing him into the fold.

JefftheBillsfan
08-02-2002, 08:16 AM
...and he is replaceing a pretty good OLB in James Farrior. If they were smart they would have kept Farrior and went after a CB...maybe Corey Chavous.

clumping platelets
08-02-2002, 02:03 PM
:chuckle:

And Cowart wanted a huge guaranteed money upfront to stay :rolleyes:

Pride
08-02-2002, 02:35 PM
It is a fact that alot of players never fully recover from the physical and mental strain of a ruptured Achilles' tendon.

Dan Marino never did.

He might have known that this might be his last chance to make alot of money. A signing bonus is good even if you never recover.

HenryRules
08-02-2002, 03:33 PM
I don't know how upset the players are, but if they're already questioning the wisdom of signing Cowart, that can't bode too well for Cottrell convincing the players that he's a great choice for rebuilding their defence.

JayWood
08-02-2002, 04:14 PM
As each day goes by, TD begins to look smarter and smarter!!

BillsNYC
08-02-2002, 04:18 PM
he got fined with some other players for taking a limo to practice as a joke...

Mad Bomber
08-02-2002, 04:25 PM
I had an Achilles tear, and it messed up my already crappy golf game...

SABURZFAN
08-03-2002, 06:47 AM
he'll be a backup for a contending team in a couple years.i'm glad we got rid of him.we're going to see that fletcher was the right choice for the right price.way to go TD.

:gobills: