Who will end up being better, Vick or Losman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Who will end up being better, Vick or Losman?

I honestly say losman. Why? I would put vicks athleticism at a 10 and JP at say 7.5 to 8. the thing is JP is a QUARTERBACK first and an athlete 2nd. I feel Vicks way of doing things will haunt him forever.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

I think JP will be a much better passer than Vick, who seems to have a strong but inaccurate arm.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• shotgun
      stop smokeing for your own health
      • May 2004

nothing agents jp at all but a ton of nfl fans would lol at all of us bills fans trying to compair these to even know jp has not started a game yet college is so differnt. i think we should wate 1 year befor we pull this one out...
      as of now i say vick intill i see jp at lease 1 year ...

gun

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
        • Aug 2004

RJ will
        http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

All the scouting reports say JP's raw, which means he does a lot of Vick-like scrambling and isn't a pure passer. However, it appears this is mainly a product of the offense at Tulane- the style and lack of quality forced JP to play in that manner. I'm sure TD saw true quarterback features in him, or else he wouldn't have mortgaged a draft and a half to get him. Hopefully Wyche can get JP to calm down, in which case he'll be better (if not as exciting) as Vick.

But I tend to agree with shotgun on this- let the kid play before we start comparing him to other players. While Vick isn't the best QB in the league, he's certainly the most popular and most fun to watch, so let's not put any additional pressure on JP at the moment.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            All the scouting reports say JP's raw, which means he does a lot of Vick-like scrambling and isn't a pure passer.
            actually.. look at his numbers from college.. he was not a big scrambler.. not at all.. just because he can run, doesnt mean he does.. he was the type of qb that uses his legs to get him more time.. not run 45 yards down the field.

he is a qb.. not a rb playing qb.. not a guy with a good arm, trying to be a qb.. he is a qb...
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
              All the scouting reports say JP's raw, which means he does a lot of Vick-like scrambling and isn't a pure passer. However, it appears this is mainly a product of the offense at Tulane- the style and lack of quality forced JP to play in that manner. I'm sure TD saw true quarterback features in him, or else he wouldn't have mortgaged a draft and a half to get him. Hopefully Wyche can get JP to calm down, in which case he'll be better (if not as exciting) as Vick.

But I tend to agree with shotgun on this- let the kid play before we start comparing him to other players. While Vick isn't the best QB in the league, he's certainly the most popular and most fun to watch, so let's not put any additional pressure on JP at the moment.
              JP definitely is coming in at the best possible time. ST and DEF are excelling - taking a monumental amt of pressure off of him. Mould and Evans are a good duo of dangerous receivers, and WM is a fantastically gifted and powerful RB. If the O-line can perform as well as they did after those horrendous initial games, he will probably be just fine.

Personally, I prefer he make rookie mistakes b'cse of a bad read on a cleverly hidden type of coverage, than a mistake b'cse he panic'ed on someone blitzing him b'cse he can't move - like we had with Bledsoe. I am worried about TE situation/outlet receiver for JP but I'll have to keep my fingers crossed that Campbell and Euhus recover with no problems. Then it's just a matter of getting a good 3rd WR and some possible draft backups for the O-line.

Comment

• venis2k1
                Youboty can hope
                • Jul 2002

first of all i would much rather see losman play like a young farve than a young vick. secondly, what we are gonna need from losman this coming year is to be able to manage the game without losing it. alot like big ben did this year. let the team around you win it, unfortunatly from what ive heard this is not JPs style, i would not be supprised if we lost a few games this year because JP turned it over trying to make a big play. ben never really did that.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                  actually.. look at his numbers from college.. he was not a big scrambler.. not at all.. just because he can run, doesnt mean he does.. he was the type of qb that uses his legs to get him more time.. not run 45 yards down the field.

he is a qb.. not a rb playing qb.. not a guy with a good arm, trying to be a qb.. he is a qb...

I think the stats can be deceiving- in college, they used to count QB sacks as negative rushing yards. If they still do that, it's hard to read anything from the rushing statistics.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

yeah.. they do.. but his whole college career, he played in 41 games..

in 41 games:

237 rushing for 880 gained (639 lossed in sack yardage). so i will not count the sack yardage.

237 attempts (for 880 yards) works out to 3.7 a carry.

880 yards rushing over 41 games is 21.5 yards a game..

sorry, but those are not the numbers of a scrambling qb.

on the other hand:

senior year - 12 games
                    3077 yards passing = 256 yards a game.
                    35 tds and 14 ints = 2.91 tds a game / 1.17 ints a game.

i am not trying to call you out.. i am simply saying that just because he is moble does not make him a runner.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

michael vick had 800 yards on 103 carries, just in the year 2000 in college. and added 1200 yards passing that year.. for 8 passing tds and 8 rushing tds.

totally different people.

one is a qb, one is a good rb trying to play qb.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by venis2k1
                        first of all i would much rather see losman play like a young farve than a young vick. secondly, what we are gonna need from losman this coming year is to be able to manage the game without losing it. alot like big ben did this year. let the team around you win it, unfortunatly from what ive heard this is not JPs style, i would not be supprised if we lost a few games this year because JP turned it over trying to make a big play. ben never really did that.
                        I think this is not fair to JP. It has already been admitted to that he played on a team with a terrible O-line. I actually like that he's a fighter and tries to do something out of nothing. We were sick and tired of Bledsoe just sitting in a pocket with his lead feet weighing him down forcing him to take sack after sack or make mistakes/bad throws b'cse of his need to rush and avoid a sack. Now we may possible have someone who can avoid those situations, and be able to buy himself some time to make throws or until the defense breaks down...and it's supposed to be a bad thing?

Comment

• venis2k1
                          Youboty can hope
                          • Jul 2002

i think there is a misconception about JP being a "run first pass second guy" and you cant really blame people for thinking that.

1. he is fast and mobil
                          2. his very first play as a bill was a qb draw
                          3. he was injured in practice after rolling out of the pocket while scrambling
                          4. in new england he would take his 5 step drop and almost immediatly look to take off i think this is because of the situation, JP is a VERY commpetitive guy, when he came in he wanted to win the game(something that never occured to bledsoe) and just tried to do too much.
                          5. in the preseason i seem to remember a few plays where he would take off with his feet.

the bottom line is his feet can be a VERY valuable weapon, or the biggest problem in JPs development. Being able to tuck it and run on third down to pick up the first would be huge. just being a threat to run changes the way Ds will play us. No longer will the Defense just send the house at drew though the center of the line. the seceret is trying to get JP to learn to use his speed as a tool, a part of his game, and not rely on it. it appered at times that jps first instinct was to run(im talking about the NE game mostly) i dont think this is the jp we will see when training camp rolls around. at least i hope not.

Comment

• venis2k1
                            Youboty can hope
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                            I think this is not fair to JP. It has already been admitted to that he played on a team with a terrible O-line. I actually like that he's a fighter and tries to do something out of nothing. We were sick and tired of Bledsoe just sitting in a pocket with his lead feet weighing him down forcing him to take sack after sack or make mistakes/bad throws b'cse of his need to rush and avoid a sack. Now we may possible have someone who can avoid those situations, and be able to buy himself some time to make throws or until the defense breaks down...and it's supposed to be a bad thing?
                            no not at all, but when a qb is running around on first down trying to do too much(esp young guys) is when most of those "what the hell was he thinking" moments happen. Its also when those" my god im glad bledsoe is gone" moments happen too.

Comment

• kevinj22
                              • Feb 2005

you can't be serious!

I think that before we make a comparison do you think that we could let JP get one start first. Let's not forget about Rob Johnstunk. I love JP's attitude and I expect great things from him IN THE FUTURE

Comment

Working...
                              X