• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kerr
    Hall of Fame Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Dominic Rhodes and T.J. Houshmandzadeh

I think rhodes would be a good backup to Willis and TJ a 3rd wide receiver.
    Rhodes was a solid backup for James as a change of pace back and is a good kickoff returner. He and Mcgee back waiting for kicks would be something to keep an eye on.
    Housh came on last year as a dependable 3 receiver and no problem working with a young qb(Carson Palmer).

Any thoughts? Objections?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

I think TJ might be more like a 2nd- not a bad idea as long as we don't have to overpay. I'm also not convinced about Shaud Williams and Joe Burns backing up Willis, so I wouldn't mind seeing Rhodes here, but I don't know if it's realistic- there's several places where he could start (Miami comes to mind...)
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Big M
      • Jan 2004

Re: Houshmandzadeh

Irish Boy ?

Comment

• Farley
        Junior Zoner
        • Dec 2004

T.J. will command too much money and will not settle for being a number three WR after the year he just had. We think Dominic Rhodes would be a good back up? Apparently so do the Dolphins. Why are we looking for another back up RB when we had Shaud? I think he did just fine last year.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

TJ has said that he wants a signing bonus in the range of 6 million dollars.. which is crazy.. i dont have a link.. i remember them talking about it during the last game of the bengals season.. he thinks he is way to sweet...

he reminds me of martay jenkins.. remember him demanding a big singing bonus.. then ended up with atlanta after sitting around for months on the FA market.. then get vet min with atlanta, then got cut.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

dominac rhoades would be a GREAT signing.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Thailog80
              Im not a chick!
              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Big M
              Re: Houshmandzadeh

Irish Boy ?
              Yeah that sounds like a family I know in Dublin.

"Let's Roll"
              Todd Beamer
              Flight 93
              9/11/01

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

My only problem with Shaud is that he's too small to move the pile. He's fast and good at picking holes, but just lacks the power that makes Willis so good. It's a completely different style and will be a tough adjustment on the O-line if he has to come in.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Farley
                  Junior Zoner
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                  My only problem with Shaud is that he's too small to move the pile. He's fast and good at picking holes, but just lacks the power that makes Willis so good. It's a completely different style and will be a tough adjustment on the O-line if he has to come in.
                  Thats what they said about Warrick.

Comment

• ryjam282
                    Offical Billszone Starting QB
                    • Mar 2003

I agree with Opi. Shaud is great but just too small to handle the load for an extended period of time. I think Dominic would be FABULOUS, I can't wait to see what the offseason brings.

TJ won't be an option at all. He proved this past season that he can be a comparable #2 and I thought I heard the Bengels were looking to move him to #2 and move Warrick to #3 and then TJ said he wanted some unreal number for a signing bonus. I think that is just crazy....Remember the last WR that had a good season and wanted to be a #1 somewhere? PP anyone.....What did he have 47 catches or something....No thanks, I like our WR's, just wish that Reed could learn how to catch like he did in college.

Ryan Withey
                    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                      Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Nothing wrong with a change of pace back, keep the D on their toes.

Comment

• Farley
                        Junior Zoner
                        • Dec 2004

Either way I dont think we will get either of them. Maybe if this was Madden.

Comment

• Johnny Utah
                          Hall of Fame Zoner
                          • Feb 2005

All this about T.J wanting a huge signing bous is news to me.

I'm concerned about our #3 spot. I like Josh Reed, but the guy is on thin ice as it is. He's not the same player he was his rookie season. Sam Aiken? One big play is all I can remember from him last year.

Comment

• Farley
                            Junior Zoner
                            • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Johnny Utah
                            All this about T.J wanting a huge signing bous is news to me.

I'm concerned about our #3 spot. I like Josh Reed, but the guy is on thin ice as it is. He's not the same player he was his rookie season. Sam Aiken? One big play is all I can remember from him last year.
                            Josh Reed will have a break out year this year, just watch.

Comment

• Johnny Utah
                              Hall of Fame Zoner
                              • Feb 2005

Damn. Forget about Rhodes. The colts just signed him to a 2 year deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X