PDA

View Full Version : Dominic Rhodes and T.J. Houshmandzadeh

Kerr
02-22-2005, 10:05 AM
I think rhodes would be a good backup to Willis and TJ a 3rd wide receiver.
Rhodes was a solid backup for James as a change of pace back and is a good kickoff returner. He and Mcgee back waiting for kicks would be something to keep an eye on.
Housh came on last year as a dependable 3 receiver and no problem working with a young qb(Carson Palmer).

Any thoughts? Objections?

OpIv37
02-22-2005, 10:15 AM
I think TJ might be more like a 2nd- not a bad idea as long as we don't have to overpay. I'm also not convinced about Shaud Williams and Joe Burns backing up Willis, so I wouldn't mind seeing Rhodes here, but I don't know if it's realistic- there's several places where he could start (Miami comes to mind...)

Big M
02-22-2005, 10:23 AM
Re: Houshmandzadeh

Irish Boy ?

Farley
02-22-2005, 10:25 AM
T.J. will command too much money and will not settle for being a number three WR after the year he just had. We think Dominic Rhodes would be a good back up? Apparently so do the Dolphins. Why are we looking for another back up RB when we had Shaud? I think he did just fine last year.

Tatonka
02-22-2005, 10:30 AM
TJ has said that he wants a signing bonus in the range of 6 million dollars.. which is crazy.. i dont have a link.. i remember them talking about it during the last game of the bengals season.. he thinks he is way to sweet...

he reminds me of martay jenkins.. remember him demanding a big singing bonus.. then ended up with atlanta after sitting around for months on the FA market.. then get vet min with atlanta, then got cut.

Tatonka
02-22-2005, 10:30 AM
dominac rhoades would be a GREAT signing.

Thailog80
02-22-2005, 10:31 AM
Re: Houshmandzadeh

Irish Boy ?

Yeah that sounds like a family I know in Dublin.

OpIv37
02-22-2005, 10:31 AM
My only problem with Shaud is that he's too small to move the pile. He's fast and good at picking holes, but just lacks the power that makes Willis so good. It's a completely different style and will be a tough adjustment on the O-line if he has to come in.

Farley
02-22-2005, 10:34 AM
My only problem with Shaud is that he's too small to move the pile. He's fast and good at picking holes, but just lacks the power that makes Willis so good. It's a completely different style and will be a tough adjustment on the O-line if he has to come in.Thats what they said about Warrick.

ryjam282
02-22-2005, 10:36 AM
I agree with Opi. Shaud is great but just too small to handle the load for an extended period of time. I think Dominic would be FABULOUS, I can't wait to see what the offseason brings.

TJ won't be an option at all. He proved this past season that he can be a comparable #2 and I thought I heard the Bengels were looking to move him to #2 and move Warrick to #3 and then TJ said he wanted some unreal number for a signing bonus. I think that is just crazy....Remember the last WR that had a good season and wanted to be a #1 somewhere? PP anyone.....What did he have 47 catches or something....No thanks, I like our WR's, just wish that Reed could learn how to catch like he did in college.

Mr. Miyagi
02-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Nothing wrong with a change of pace back, keep the D on their toes.

Farley
02-22-2005, 10:38 AM
Either way I dont think we will get either of them. Maybe if this was Madden.

Kerr
02-22-2005, 10:42 AM
All this about T.J wanting a huge signing bous is news to me.

I'm concerned about our #3 spot. I like Josh Reed, but the guy is on thin ice as it is. He's not the same player he was his rookie season. Sam Aiken? One big play is all I can remember from him last year.

Farley
02-22-2005, 10:44 AM
All this about T.J wanting a huge signing bous is news to me.

I'm concerned about our #3 spot. I like Josh Reed, but the guy is on thin ice as it is. He's not the same player he was his rookie season. Sam Aiken? One big play is all I can remember from him last year.Josh Reed will have a break out year this year, just watch.

Kerr
02-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Damn. Forget about Rhodes. The colts just signed him to a 2 year deal.

BillsFever21
02-22-2005, 09:09 PM
If there's good value at the time don't be surprised to see us draft a WR on day one.

This will be Moulds last year and we will need a #2 to step in for him in 2006.