• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Could we have gotten more for Henry?

Looks like Alexander will be tagged as Hasselbeck agreed to a deal.

By José Miguel Romero

Sources say that the Seahawks have reached an agreement with QB Matt Hasselbeck (left) and will add the franchise tag to RB Shaun Alexander (right).

The Seahawks reached an agreement last night with quarterback Matt Hasselbeck on a long-term deal, according to sources close to contract negotiations.

Details of the deal were not immediately known, and Hasselbeck has to sign the contract to make it official. Assuming he does so by 1 p.m. today, the Seahawks will turn their attention to running back Shaun Alexander and designate him as their franchise player.

The team was to hold a news conference today to announce Hasselbeck's signing......

Also, per NFL.com Edge will be as well...

Edgerrin James, RB IND

News: According to reports, the Indianapolis Colts are expected to place their franchise tag on Edgerrin James this week.

Analysis: James has stated his desire to play for the Miami Dolphins next season, so a holdout is possible

Now my question is this, could we have gotten the 2nd rounder now since the 2 big RB's are off the market? Or are we all happy with Shelton?

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

• Farley
    Junior Zoner
    • Dec 2004

Had Henry started and played all season long then he would be worth a first rounder right now, but losing his starting job to a guy that was supposed to be a "bust" doesnt fly too well with GM's.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

Why would we want a draft pick at all if we can get a proven starter in Shelton? Everyone knows the draft isn't a sure thing...I like how were making out in this deal
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• EDS
        • Jan 2003

Rudy Johnson is still on the market, and the draft is still deep in good runners. I don't think anyone expected James or Alexander to hit the open market.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

I guess it is possible that we could have got a second rounder for Henry....but is that really more value than an established, relatively young, solid tackle? If you draft a guy in the second round this year,do you think he will be as productive as LJ in the first couple of years?

In the current situation, we likely have about 2 or MAYBE 3 years left in our window of opportunity to make a run before we have to rebuild on defense. I'll take the guy that can get it done now.
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Big M
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EDS
            Rudy Johnson is still on the market, and the draft is still deep in good runners. I don't think anyone expected James or Alexander to hit the open market.
            Rudy Johnson was already franchised by the Bengals, I believe.

Comment

• MadCardDisease
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Italian Stallion
              Why would we want a draft pick at all if we can get a proven starter in Shelton?
              I guess you can prove that Shelton started for the Cardinals. Whether he was effective or not as a starter might be a little harder to prove.

Comment

• Tatonka
                • Jul 2002

i take the deal we got.. if the bills want shelton, i trust mcnally.. had we not gotten shelton, and got a 1st for henry anyway.. we would be looking at a rookie LT most likely.

i like the trade.
                "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• mightyspaz
                  Short, Furry and Cold
                  • Mar 2004

It would have been nice to see Shaun Alexander franchised and traded. Then maybe we could have made a deal of Henry for Steve Hutchinson. He's a Pro Bowl G, and it is not necessarily even a realistic deal. I mentioin this because he's a friend of mine. I went to high school with him and his wife. If he was in Buffalo, there would be no doubt I'd get a nice seat every once in a while:
                  ThE MiGhTy SpAz
                  - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.

Comment

• kevinj22
                    • Feb 2005

no brainer

To get a proven LT in Shelton is a move you absolutely have to make. I like what I'm seeing out of Mularkey and his staff and I trust Mcnally will hone Sheltons skills.

Comment

• MadCardDisease
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      i take the deal we got.. if the bills want shelton, i trust mcnally.. had we not gotten shelton, and got a 1st for henry anyway.. we would be looking at a rookie LT most likely.

i like the trade.
                      This draft class is very week with regards to the Offensive Line and especially the LT position. I would definitely take Shelton over a rookie lineman in this draft!

My take on Shelton:

Positives:

Very athletic for a man his size. Has good footwork and that helps with his pass protection. Has a large wing span and can get his hands on the defender. Is very experienced as he has started most of his career. He is entering the prime of his career.

Negatives:

Isn't much of a run blocker. Even with his good footwork he will get beat occasionally. Outside of football he truly is a nice guy and is great to fans, however he lacks a mean streak that you like to see in football. Has had a problem with injuries the last couple of years. Never has lived up to expectations. Was supposed to be part of the "Big Red Line" which actually turned out to be the "Big Red Lie".

Comment

• NC-BILLS44
                        • Jul 2002

I like it!!! We give Henry his wish to play somewhere else and receive a proven RT & LT. If you look at it from a draft stand point, we got a 1st rounder for a 2nd rounder.

Both teams win by getting rid of players that want to move and each team gets a player with a chip on their shoulders and something to prove.

Comment

• Crisis
                          • Aug 2004

I think we can get more out of Arizona than Shelton now. Maybe Shelton and a day-2 pick.
                          Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                          Vanek is Austrian not European
                          Originally posted by Prov401
                          Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                          Originally posted by better days
                          I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• venis2k1
                            Youboty can hope
                            • Jul 2002

even though this draft is OT light, there are tons of good backs. im pumped for shelton...i would like for td to go out and get a guy with a mean streak on the o-line. too many nice guys.

Comment

• ryjam282
                              Offical Billszone Starting QB
                              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by NC-BILLS44
                              If you look at it from a draft stand point, we got a 1st rounder for a 2nd rounder.

Heck, while we are at it, lets try and trade Ryan Leaf for Tom Brady...That would be a 1st rounder for a 6th...I love the idea.

Ryan Withey
                              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

Working...
                              X